New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2015, 03:24 PM
Find More Posts by Out_Of_Money
Joined Oct 2014
138 Posts
I've probably flown my H107L no more than 20 times & that was mostly inside because of the winter weather. Now I'm going outside & it really makes a big difference. There are trees all around but it's the wide open spaces compared to being indoors. I thought the flight times were kind of short so I timed it best possible & the LEDs flash at about 3.5 to 4 minutes.

I didn't think the battery was abused from doing excessive flying after the LEDs started to flash. Fully charged the battery is 4.25V per one DVM. After flying it's about 3.80V to 3.88V depending on how quickly I notice the LEDs. That's under no load.

I've seen articles that you shouldn't let a LiPo go below 3.0V or 3.3V which of course is different than the 3.8V LED warning. So I thought I check the under load voltage. I flew the quad a few seconds inside until the LEDs flashed & checked the battery while running. It varied from about 3.5V at low speed to 3.25 at full speed. Checked again with no load & it was 3.77V.

Since the flight times are quite short I guess it's time to get new batteries. Is this still one of the best deals?
http://www.tmart.com/Hubsan-X4-H107-...E_M0MGFFrfWPSA
Out_Of_Money is offline Find More Posts by Out_Of_Money
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2015, 03:46 PM
Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,952 Posts
Charging to 4.25V lessens the max charge cycle number by factor 0.71.
If your DMM is right, that is.

The mentioned pack sounds good and is a quite solid choice for a 107L if one needs another charger, too.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
Old Apr 25, 2015, 08:13 PM
Find More Posts by Out_Of_Money
Joined Oct 2014
138 Posts
I have 2 DVMs & know there's a very slight difference between them which normally is not important. I had just charged the Hubsan battery & one DVM indicates 4.25V and the other reads 4.21V. I then charged the Syma X11 battery & the first DVM reads 4.23V & the other reads 4.19V.

The higher reading DVM is one of those free/cheap ones from Harbor Freight. I thought about calibrating it & building a reference using a cheap 5V voltage reference chip which are about $5 even on ebay because most do not have free shipping. I saw this mentioned in the forum & figured for $18 itís not worth building something.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Voltage-Refe...item20e3be677d

Then I figured itís not worth spending $18 on a free meter. FWIW, I picked up a second HF DVM a little ways back to give to my son. I checked it first to make sure it worked & recall it measured about the same as my old auto-range meter.

I also came across this & am really surprised how everything affects the life of a LiPo battery. Makes me re-think checking the calibration on my DVMs.
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
Out_Of_Money is offline Find More Posts by Out_Of_Money
Old Apr 28, 2015, 02:48 PM
Find More Posts by ki_ko
Joined Apr 2015
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
You stalled the powered quad at a crash and shot a power Mosfet.
Replacing is not an easy task, but doable.
See for instructions.
You'll find replacement Mosfets at Ebay
See Picture for identification of the shot Mosfet.

If you can't solder good enough - you have to buy a new control board.

-mike-
thanks mike , you solved my problem but now i have a new one , when i was soldering the mosfet i unsold the litle one near the mosfet , i had tried to sold it again but now it fall and i don't know what is that very litle piece to bue one, could anyone help me?? is the litle one near the mosfet.
thanks
ki_ko is offline Find More Posts by ki_ko
Old Apr 28, 2015, 06:26 PM
Find More Posts by simpfally
Joined Dec 2014
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
Can't confirm your 2 Letters on top as a sign for being genuine. Neither at original V1 props nor V2 props sent directly by Hubsan.
But that MAY have changed, as my last Hubsan props delivery (and company contact) dates back a year now.
Yeah the first that came with the quad only have one letter, the good one that came from banggood (with the hubsan packaging) had two letters. But it's easy, if they're mat they're counterfeited(/ultra cheaply made). The mat ones also came in the hubsan packaging.
And banggood is denying the fact that they're sending two different propellers and one of them is complete trash.
simpfally is offline Find More Posts by simpfally
Old Apr 29, 2015, 03:21 AM
Find More Posts by ki_ko
Joined Apr 2015
3 Posts
is a smd resistor but what size?
ki_ko is offline Find More Posts by ki_ko
Old Apr 29, 2015, 05:23 PM
Find More Posts by djdv
Joined Jan 2015
3 Posts
Ok, if anyone could help or point me to the relevant posts, that would be great... I received my new h107L from Banggood. When I plugged in the battery at first, the lights came on for a moment, then nothing. There would be no indication that it was plugged in. I assumed a bad connection. I kept trying and in a couple minutes it did light up again. It had trouble binding, and when it did one motor would not turn at all. "Bad motor?" I thought. But then--again, all within the first few minutes of taking this quad out of the box--when I would plug it in, the same motor that would not work at all before would now start spinning on its own. All I had to do was plug in the battery and it would spin. It kept spinning if I turned on the transmitter. I have a video of the automatic spin:

H107L problem (0 min 22 sec)

I read up on this thread and thought, MOSFET problem, needs a new board. As luck would have it, I ordered a spare board with the quad (actually as a replacement for another one). So, I thought I would install that board while I wait for Banggood to send a replacement for the faulty one.

When I installed the new board, all the lights came on and no motor started spinning. I thought I was all set. But when I tried to bind with the transmitter, one of the front blue LEDs went out and the other just kept flashing. I tried a few times. Most of the time it happened just like that; a few times the other blue LED would stay solid while the one kept blinking. And no spinning motors... video here:

Hubsan x4 problem (1 min 6 sec)

I'm pretty lost. Let me know what's up! Thanks
djdv is offline Find More Posts by djdv
Last edited by djdv; Apr 29, 2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:02 PM
Find More Posts by raduque
Joined Jun 2007
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raduque View Post
I bought a cheap USB charger off Amazon that has 4 mini Losi plugs on it. It charges the two X4 batteries (280mAh) and a Syma x4 battery (200mAh) in about 45 minutes on a USB3 hub plugged into my laptop's USB3 port. USB3 is 900 mA. It appears to work fine; I get a normal flight time out of my batteries. I will charge one on this charger and then throw it on my Viper and check the voltage reading when I have some time in the future (and if I don't forget).
Well, I finally checked my batteries after charging them on the 4 Port USb charger. It's charging them to 4.25. Both my Hubsan 1S and Eachine 1S2P. Is that too much overcharging?
raduque is offline Find More Posts by raduque
Old May 01, 2015, 12:08 AM
Find More Posts by marhar
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raduque View Post
Well, I finally checked my batteries after charging them on the 4 Port USb charger. It's charging them to 4.25. Both my Hubsan 1S and Eachine 1S2P. Is that too much overcharging?
That's about 1.2%. If it were me I would be OK with it. It's almost within the accuracy of cheaper voltmeters. Which one are you using?
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old May 01, 2015, 12:56 AM
Find More Posts by raduque
Joined Jun 2007
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
That's about 1.2%. If it were me I would be OK with it. It's almost within the accuracy of cheaper voltmeters. Which one are you using?
It's unbranded, as far as I can tell, but it has the letters "WSX" on the sloping front just below the lights.

Edit: Here's the product page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
raduque is offline Find More Posts by raduque
Old May 02, 2015, 05:36 AM
Find More Posts by Royalwulf
Joined Mar 2015
16 Posts
I have a jjrc h6c which is suppose to be very similar to the hubsan x4.
The issue I have is the low voltage lights flash a few seconds after I connect a fully charged battery. This has only started happening. I can disconnect the battery, then connect it again and it will fly again but again after a few seconds it flashes low again.
Any thoughts on what the problem is?
Royalwulf is offline Find More Posts by Royalwulf
Old May 02, 2015, 07:06 AM
Find More Posts by dbacon
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
2,184 Posts
First thing is to measure the voltage on the battery with an accurate digital voltmeter. It should be 4.20 Volts. If higher, your charger is bad, if lower, the battery is low that is what the flashing is indicating. Not sure what voltage it flashes at, probably around 3.3 to 3.7 V.
There could also be a poor connection between the battery and the control board, making it read low sometimes.
You don't have to pay a lot for an accurate meter, Harbor Freight gives them away for free (need a coupon).
dbacon is offline Find More Posts by dbacon