SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 15, 2013, 03:07 AM
Joined Mar 2013
350 Posts
Discussion
A question about Ubec ?

Hi

I have been flying and i never had use for a ubec until now, that i am going to have all these equipments the camera and vtx and other stuf on board, Could you please redirect me to a site where i can learn about ubec's and the other question is what do you think about this one ?

http://www.rc-netbutik.dk/product.asp?product=946

there are others too on this page

http://www.rc-netbutik.dk/group.asp?group=38

They do not have Turnigy, i mean i red somewhere that they were the best ones because of the low noise.....!?

Thank you
FriFlyers is offline Find More Posts by FriFlyers
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2013, 09:25 AM
Joined Oct 2012
2,164 Posts
according to another poster from 2 years ago, this one is better than most

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Shippin...item27cb045173

he tested several, this one failed in a predictable manner of brownouts at 5amps, which is better than catastrophic failure as others may have. and it put out 0 noise.
bauerbach is offline Find More Posts by bauerbach
Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:26 PM
Joined Mar 2013
350 Posts
Thank you very much for your response. I havent seen it, and i thout that there wasnt anyone answering to the question

I have some interference on my video and audio and i had a couple of old
iphone cables which i was just going to throw , until i saw one of them ( specially the old one ) has Protection, and i thout maybe that is really good for my video and audio connection, and if it works better i would share this with you.
I havent tried it yet i will try it now and write about the change if there is any, but i really do think that this will help.

the problem is that the very old ones has this, the new ones are using the new tecknic, spray antenne, so they dont need this anymore.......
Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:43 PM
Joined Mar 2013
350 Posts
what about a esc with bec...?

where can i learn more about Bec's, and if i have a 50 A Hyperion esc with BEC V3.1W and i have other esc with Bec, is that Ok, or one has to have a BEC. I have never had use for Bec that is why i never had them before...

Thank's
Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:44 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2,164 Posts
actually have also heard cat-6E cable is also great for shielded cable connections.

A little bulky perhaps, but it can have its uses for sure.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:49 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriFlyers View Post
where can i learn more about Bec's, and if i have a 50 A Hyperion esc with BEC V3.1W and i have other esc with Bec, is that Ok, or one has to have a BEC. I have never had use for Bec that is why i never had them before...

Thank's

ESC BECs tend to be... lousy. they are far more susceptible to failure, as many integrated electronics are. A lot of heat from their primary function that can fail, and take out your control with it.

a UBEC gives your controls a separate source, so you retain control, even if you loose the ESC. landing far away > crashing far away.

They will also put out cleaner power by being more isolated from the noise in the direct motor circuit.

People fly with ESC BECs all day long, but a UBEC is a very inexpensive risk avoidance.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 06:06 PM
Joined Mar 2013
350 Posts
Thank you about the Information Brother

What do you think about the Iphone Cabel ? Do you think that it will work ?

Well I think it will, but i would love to know if anyone else has think about
this before if anyone know's please let me kow...

Thank you
Old Apr 18, 2013, 06:15 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2,164 Posts
of course it would work, its a copper wire same as any other. the shielding cant hurt, but the weight can, so just be sure to use it somewhat sparingly...
Old Apr 18, 2013, 08:03 PM
Canada, AB, Jasper
Joined Feb 2007
474 Posts
If your running a seperate BEC you have to remove the red wire on the ESC.
You cant have two BEC's powering the RX
So just take a pointy thing and pick at the servo plug untill the red servo wire comes out.
Tape it off so it does short anything out. Good to go
zooman is offline Find More Posts by zooman