HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:27 PM
Ireland, Dublin
Joined Nov 2010
150 Posts
Rant
Hobbyking shipping scs express

Hi guys i recently made an order for $360 for all my quad copter parts inc shipping with scs express all through hobbyking .

Today i got an email off scs looking for 34 euro within the next 10 days or my order would not be shipped , they said in the email that was for duty i have never had to pay duty with any of my orders before whemn i used hk post .

I just wanted to let you all know about scs exress and advise everyone not to use them on hobby king site .

skejah1063 is offline Find More Posts by skejah1063
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:28 PM
Ireland, Dublin
Joined Nov 2010
150 Posts
here is my chat with hobbyking
You are now chatting with : Zoe (Customer Service)
Zoe:
Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?
You:
i have got an email off scs saying i have to pay 34 euro to them for the shipping my order number is 2005604422 , i have already paid you the shipping cost
Zoe:
One moment please.
You:
are you there
You:
hello
Zoe:
yes
Zoe:
which is pay for tax
Zoe:
not shipping cost
Zoe:
and it is pay for scs
Zoe:
not for us
You:
yes i have tp pay scs i have paid hobbyking already , i have never got charged before and i have 10 previous orders with you
Zoe:
sorry for that SCS must charge the extra payment
You:
that information is not on your site
Zoe:
None of our product pricing includes tax and we do not charge taxes or extra fees on top of our advertised product price and shipping/handling.
However, it is your responsibility to pay any fees charged by your local customs or postal office, should they be incurred.
Zoe:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/FAQ.asp
You:
yes i know that but i pay any customs fee in ireland
Zoe:
charged by your local customs or postal office
You:
post office not a delivery company like scs
Zoe:
sorry for that , if you do not want to pay for the extra payment
Zoe:
please do not choose the SCS next time
You:
are you going to resolve this issue for me , i will be putting this conversation on rc groups
Zoe:
sorry for that but we have mentioned none of our product pricing includes tax and we do not charge taxes or extra fees on top of our advertised product price and shipping/handling.
However, it is your responsibility to pay any fees charged by your local customs or postal office, should they be incurred.
Zoe:
and please understand that if you shipped via SCS, it has to pay for the tax to SCS
You:
yes i know that this is scs charging me not my local post office that is my problem
Zoe:
you can ask about other customers who using SCS express too, they all know that
Zoe:
it would not ship to your local post office
Zoe:
it will shipped via UPS afterwards
You:
it looks like i have no choice but to pay , i will warn people about scs and never to use them as there are hidden charges
Zoe:
Is there anything else that I may help you with?
You:
you didnt help all you did was fob me off thanks for nothing
Zoe:
actually it should be not charged tax one more time when the item delivered to you
Zoe:
what you have paid for SCS , which is paid for the tax and duty already
You:
but i have never got charged tax or duty before
Zoe:
even local post office?
Zoe:
since this order shipped from oversea, which is shipped from Hong Kong
Zoe:
that's why you need to pay for the tax
You:
even at local post office , all my other deliveries were through hk post ill just let other people know not to use scs
Zoe:
Is there anything else that I may help you with?
You:
NO THANKS
skejah1063 is offline Find More Posts by skejah1063
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:57 PM
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
You never heard of a private courier charging a brokerage fee or collecting duty and/or tax? Well they do. This has nothing to do with HK. I don't think any company can predict whether your package will make it through your customs without additional fees. That is the risk YOU assume. It doesn't matter that your last ten packages made it to you without extra charge.
fwuzzy is offline Find More Posts by fwuzzy
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:05 PM
Woof!
Denmark, Region Zealand, Roskilde
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
In Denmark, the postal office has the following rules:

If the value of a shipment is below DDK 80,- (around 8 British pounds, or 13,70 US $), there is no duty nor sales tax to be paid.
If the value of the shipment is over DKK 80,- one must pay 25% sales tax of the shipment value PLUS shipment cost. Oh, and a fee of DKK 160,- (around 17 quid or 27 US $) for doing the invoicing etc. If the shipment value is over DKK 1300,- one is also obliged to pay duty - depending on the nature of the imported goods. Electric toys are 4,5%, I belive.

Our postal office also make spot tests, and can demand invoices and even paypal statments, to verify the actual value of the shipment.

I would think the system is something like this all over the EU; tsk tsk....
Great_Dane is offline Find More Posts by Great_Dane
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:17 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,678 Posts
I ordered something from Hobbyking for my import-registered company here in Denmark. Normal procedure is that the shipper declares it and sends documentation for the VAT to the danish tax authorities, and I then declare it on my quarterly VAT statement and pay the VAT here.

With this order, I got a mail from SCS express asking me to pay VAT in the UK.

I have sent them several emails, explaining that this is an ILLEGAL procedure, but SCS and Hobbyking has been unwilling to help me. I keep getting mails asking me to pay the VAT. If I do that, I will break the law and could be fined quite steeply. My only alternative is to receive this as a private person, and eat up the loss I get from not beeing able to deduct the cost of the goods and the VAT.

I have suggested to Hobbyking that they begin using a proper express company like DHL, UPS or FedEX. They all comply with the law, and have offices here in Denmark that will make sure the import is properly declared so I can legally import it. I did not get a reply from Hobbyking on that suggestion.

I can only deduce that Hobbyking and its shipper is in fact a fraudulent company following illegal practices and beeing unwilling to help custumers settle reasonable claims.

As a consequence, I will stop buying goods from Hobbyking, and in the future I will only order from companies that offers shipping through a proper company like DHL, UPS or FedEX.

I posted a claim through paypal, but paypal ruled in favor of hobbyking on the basis that they had supplied shipping information (tracking number). They did not consider that the method SCS uses for declaring imports for registered companies is in fact ILLEGAL.

I have decided to receive the parcel as a private person and eat up the loss it then represents. But now it turns out that SCS express is taking 2-4 days to get it from UK to DK. What an excellent "express" service...

So not only is Hobbyking and SCS express breaking the law, the socalled "express" service is also slower than using regular mail, because orders for EU customers are shipped via the UK, which adds another 2-4 days to the delivery.

In my book it goes to show that Hobbyking does not care about its customers - if they did, they would offer a proper express service, and not use some chinese agent that is either not familiar with European tax laws, or simply does not care....
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:52 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
It looks great at first, I told a friend of mine it was cheaper so why not? Turns out it really wasn't and he had to go through the same procedure to get his stuff. He eventually got the package, but it was a real pain in the ass. EMS is the way to go, it's a bit more expensive but it is VERY fast and I've never had any issues with it. (Hong Kong to my door in Sweden, in about 3-4 days)

I prefer not to use DHL. I've been able to evade the import tax on roughly 3/4ths of all packages I've received. If you ship using DHL you WILL have to pay, period. I know, it's "not right", but we have some of the highest taxes in the world, so.. No regrets.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:34 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
3rd stone from the sun
Joined May 2007
2,678 Posts
yeah, it obviously takes 5 days for UPS to get it here.

Shipped from UK today, delivery on the 27th

SCS "express" is a complete joke - why would I want to use a "express" company that takes 5 days to get a shipment from UK to DK. Even royal mail can do that faster....
JussiH is offline Find More Posts by JussiH
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2014, 03:13 AM
dl7
Germany, Berlin
Joined Aug 2013
127 Posts
I feel absolutely cheated. Shame on SCS, shame on HK to offer it!
dl7 is offline Find More Posts by dl7
Old Jul 03, 2014, 03:18 PM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
some more info on this:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1684131&page=4
BlackMW is offline Find More Posts by BlackMW
Old Jul 03, 2014, 07:39 PM
Joined Feb 2013
348 Posts
SCS cheated me as well!
They charge me 25 USD extra taxes on an order declared at 56 USD almost 50% of taxes!
more info...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post28819733
stratocus is offline Find More Posts by stratocus
Old Aug 06, 2014, 07:28 AM
Joined Aug 2014
1 Posts
Hobbyking UK and SCS Express

Guess what same problem for me with two orders for about $200. Both items have gone completely missing. The tracking numbers for both items say the following
2014/7/7 0800 SCS-EU HUB RELEASED OUT OF EU-HUB CUSTOM from SCS Express but nothing thereafter and all Hobbyking keep doing is referring back to this!!

Does anyone know how to get hold of someone at SCS? Their website does not seem to have a query section or am I missing something? In the meantime my advice is steer clear of HobbyKing UK. I am going through Paypal resolution at the same time and getting nowhere slowly so far.

Nick B
Splodget is offline Find More Posts by Splodget
Old Aug 15, 2014, 09:29 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2014
45 Posts
HK is failing badly. So many have been ripped and many more to come.
My latest order 2009805126 with EMS postage which FAQ states 3-6 days. Hopeless live CS quotes 5-14 days.. suggest they read their own FAQ . Received a tracking number after 2 days then another 4days later which is invalid and not trackable till now.The later is an Aust Express channel. They take your money ,charge premium postage and use a lesser method and pocket the change. Thats fraudulent in my book. Reputation is all time low now..
JohnyBG is offline Find More Posts by JohnyBG
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:42 AM
United Kingdom, Birmingham
Joined Jul 2010
86 Posts
I'm having the same problem with this so called SCS Express delivery service ,
made an order for some Fatshark Goggles from Hobbyking , Paid $30 + for shipping to the UK via SCS as it was the only option , that was on the 8/8/2014 . On the 12/08/2014 I received an email from SCS demanding that I pay an Extra
53.13 for VAT and Duty , wasn't happy about this, but duly paid them the money that same day hoping i'll get my parcel swiftly , wrong ... here's where it sits

Origin Destination Connote DATE PCS
SCS HONG KONG UNITED KINGDOM 2014/8/11 1
DATE TIME LOCATION STATUS
2014/8/11 1918 SCS-HKG CHECK IN BY SCS-HKG BAR CODE COLLECTOR
2014/8/11 2020 SCS-HKG BAG IN BY STAFF CODE 90001-SCS-HKG
2014/8/12 1400 SCS-HKG EXPORT TO EUROPEAN HUB STATION
2014/8/12 2330 SCS- EU HUB WAITING DUTIES & TAXES PAYMENT TO BE SETTLED FROM CONSIGNEE
2014/8/13 0915 RECEIVED VAT & CLEARANCE CHARGE FROM CONSIGNEE BY PAYPAL AND WAITING TRANSIT VIA UPS
2014/8/14 0800 SCS-EU HUB CUSTOMS CLEARANCE IN PROGRESSING
2014/8/15 0800 SCS- EU HUB RELEASED OUT OF EU-HUB CUSTOM

take no notice of the time as this was like this yesterday.. it seems they are very slow to update any info ..... ! My patience is wearing a bit thin now

Ian
straycatuk is offline Find More Posts by straycatuk
Old Aug 15, 2014, 03:11 PM
United Kingdom, Birmingham
Joined Jul 2010
86 Posts
Here's an update on my parcel

JOBNO: 2xxxxxxxxxx

Origin Destination Connote DATE PCS
SCS HONG KONG UNITED KINGDOM 2014/8/11 1

No pod info! .........

Now MY parcels disappeared