HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:46 AM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,254 Posts
Rant
DoJ Clears Goldman Sachs in $1.3T Customer Rip-Off..Obamas' bank reform failure.!

..while making over $1M in total donations, GS employees made up the biggest contributors to then-candidate Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign, which might explain their immunity from justice.

JPMorgan Chase, also a Federal Reserve member—which had its employees contribute $800K to Obama’s campaign—was similarly acquitted of all charges earlier this year.

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=5783
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined May 2010
42 Posts
time out ! Oromneys Main donors is Goldman Sax as well, do you really think he would have gone after his bread and butter?
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/co...p?id=N00000286
Quote:
Goldman Sachs $676,080
JPMorgan Chase & Co $520,299
Morgan Stanley $513,647
QQuestor is offline Find More Posts by QQuestor
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:55 AM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
So long as the Government is involved with setting financial regulatory laws, Big Finance will always find ways to buy politicians.

Some please look up Regulatory Capture ... and after you have ... come back and tell me why we should continue as we have.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:35 AM
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
So long as the Government is involved with setting financial regulatory laws, Big Finance will always find ways to buy politicians.

Some please look up Regulatory Capture ... and after you have ... come back and tell me why we should continue as we have.
Regulatory capture is a term used to refer to situations in which a state regulatory agency created to act in the public interest instead acts in favor of the commercial or special interests that dominate in the industry or sector it is charged with regulating.

For theorists... regulatory capture occurs because groups or individuals with a high-stakes interest in the outcome of policy or regulatory decisions can be expected to focus their resources and energies in attempting to gain the policy outcomes they prefer, while members of the public, each with only a tiny individual stake in the outcome, will ignore it altogether.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:00 PM
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,254 Posts
Apparently this is Goldman Sachs free 'get out of jail' pass.?

...I never knew those DOJ guys could be bought off so cheaply.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:02 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYPILEIT View Post
Apparently this is Goldman Sachs free 'get out of jail' pass.?

...I never knew those DOJ guys could be bought off so cheaply.
The DOJ is merely the enforcement arm of the Government. Look further up the chain to see where the DOJ get's its orders from.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:07 PM
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
The DOJ is merely the enforcement arm of the Government. Look further up the chain to see where the DOJ get's its orders from.
exactly...that's what I was eluding to,but,I didn't want to hurt anyones' feelings.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:19 PM
Native American
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
No surprise, look who is running DOJ.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:29 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,671 Posts
You can't possibly expect Barack Obama's FILTHIEST of the EXTREME FILTHY RICH friends that give Obama some money see the same justice the rest of us would get.

Are you kidding me?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

WHAT'S NEXT!

WHAT'S NEXT!

WHAT'S NEXT!

Sorry I was having my DWB moment.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYPILEIT View Post
..while making over $1M in total donations, GS employees made up the biggest contributors to then-candidate Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign, which might explain their immunity from justice.

JPMorgan Chase, also a Federal Reserve member—which had its employees contribute $800K to Obama’s campaign—was similarly acquitted of all charges earlier this year.

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=5783
$1,000,000 is chump change for total campaign donations.

The case is not a bad one, Goldman Sachs deserved to win it. Blaming Goldman Sachs for that case is like blaming your sister because she told you to buy a house in 2005.
Eli Lipschitz is offline Find More Posts by Eli Lipschitz
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:13 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,671 Posts
Who says the DoJ is corrupt?

At this point no one should have to, it is self evident.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member