HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:49 PM
Plainfield, IN
Joined Sep 2004
285 Posts
I've got one I'll send you for a copy of the firmware ;-)

Lou
TK421 is online now Find More Posts by TK421
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:27 PM
Plainfield, IN
Joined Sep 2004
285 Posts
So what's the word? We gettin new firmware today?

Lou
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:29 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
So what's the word? We gettin new firmware today?

Lou
LOL

We have been asking that question for a year and a half.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:35 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
LOL

We have been asking that question for a year and a half.

At least the number of fire reports seems to have reached an all time low recently.
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Old Jul 09, 2012, 06:56 PM
Santa Clara. Ca
Joined Dec 2008
340 Posts
Tried the 120HV with 4.01 and a 750mx on a 700e. HW sensor. I had to drop the gain all the way to 20 to stop the motor oscillations. Running airplane mode. I need to double check the throttle change rate I selected. I thought it was 10, but this low gain was disappointing. Maybe it's the resolution issue.

Anyway with a gain of 20 performance was still really good. I need to investigate further to see if I can get the gain up.
OnTheSnap is offline Find More Posts by OnTheSnap
Last edited by OnTheSnap; Jul 09, 2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:10 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barzaun View Post
At least the number of fire reports seems to have reached an all time low recently.
Thatís because they finally found the root cause. It was an internal circuit board that was coming loose. Anyone flying CC should always keep up on the latest service advisories.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:09 AM
Chicago 'burbs
Joined May 2006
1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barzaun View Post
I was thinking the same thing----here it is summer in the Northern Hemisphere, and if they hadn't actually fixed the problem, I would have thought the forum would be "ablaze" with posts.

If this is fixed (which it appears to be on the whole), then it is great news.
Alan Hahn is offline Find More Posts by Alan Hahn
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:25 AM
Plainfield, IN
Joined Sep 2004
285 Posts
Come on Clint! Give us some good news!

Lou
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:39 AM
NJ
Joined Sep 2006
172 Posts
Can we got a solid commitment from Castle that the firmware will be released at least 2 week before IRCHA? Seriously do the right thing here.
vadim is offline Find More Posts by vadim
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:32 AM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim View Post
Can we got a solid commitment from Castle that the firmware will be released at least 2 week before IRCHA? Seriously do the right thing here.
Okay guys... we are very close... Engineering is not going to release the firmware until they are happy... If we release the firmware without it being ready then you guys will be the first to throw us under the bus... So no you can not get a commitment until the testing is finished... if engineering gives you a date then you guys will bash us for any unforeseen snags... when this is released I think it will be worth the wait as it is working very well.

I am running gains around 30-35 on 2 different setups gear mild to wild with 2 different motors...

I have been trying to keep you guys up to date but if it is going to cause bickering we can keep testing and the updates will stop... I am trying to finish this well before IRCHA but right now I am waiting to run the Hobby-wing sensor when it shows up from Cali... I live in GA and I ordered the sensors as soon as they came into stock... we also are working on the final sensor that will be rated at a high enough voltage you should not have to be worried about whether or not your unit drops the voltage down or not...

So testing is ongoing... Testing is going very well... If you want to be involved with beta testing you can email me at

clint@castlecreations.com
subject: VBAR TESTING

Include:
email
phone
address
what kind of sensor you have?

I am not saying everyone who emails me will get to test but when engineering wants to put the beta out I will have a list.

Thanks... The solution is plug and play and should be worth the wait from what I have seen... I just bought 2 more Silver Line and updated to 5.3 Pro...
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:05 AM
Plainfield, IN
Joined Sep 2004
285 Posts
Email sent :-)

Lou
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:18 AM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
966 Posts
Guys I had about 5 emails pop in already to my all box... I have a filter created to sort these and if the subject does not say... VBAR TESTING then you will not be on the list... Not trying to be a pain hear but if you can not follow these instructions you will not be Beta testing for sure...

Include:
email
phone
address
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:40 AM
Plainfield, IN
Joined Sep 2004
285 Posts
Email re-sent ;-)

Lou
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:27 AM
Joined Aug 2011
92 Posts
Is the new update also gonna improve the internal gov..
caus i don't like it. period
Sirolf is online now Find More Posts by Sirolf
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:13 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintstone View Post
Guys I had about 5 emails pop in already to my all box... I have a filter created to sort these and if the subject does not say... VBAR TESTING then you will not be on the list... Not trying to be a pain hear but if you can not follow these instructions you will not be Beta testing for sure...

Include:
email
phone
address
Aren't the Beta releases public anyway?
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Last edited by 3Dmuse; Jul 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM.