HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2011, 08:35 PM
Brisbane - Australia
Joined Nov 2010
46 Posts
Discussion
LC1208 Charger

Hi, Does anyone else have a problem with the LC1208 charger getting really hot, mine gets so hot that it has started to melt the case around the ventilation slots on the bottom of the case. As a temporary measure I have pulled the case apart & drilled some additional holes to provide better airflow, but am thinking of relocating the charger circuitboard to a larger case & maybe adding a small fan or attaching a heatsink to the transistor like thing which seems to be getting so hot. Any comments?
pigs might fly is offline Find More Posts by pigs might fly
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2011, 08:40 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs might fly View Post
Hi, Does anyone else have a problem with the LC1208 charger getting really hot, mine gets so hot that it has started to melt the case around the ventilation slots on the bottom of the case. As a temporary measure I have pulled the case apart & drilled some additional holes to provide better airflow, but am thinking of relocating the charger circuitboard to a larger case & maybe adding a small fan or attaching a heatsink to the transistor like thing which seems to be getting so hot. Any comments?
When we bench test these chargers, we stand them on the side so as not to cover the airvents. With that said, this charger should not get that hot. When we get one that gets that hot during our bench testing, we do not ship it to the customer.

Max
Parkflying is online now Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor
Old May 04, 2011, 03:44 AM
Brisbane - Australia
Joined Nov 2010
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkflying View Post
When we bench test these chargers, we stand them on the side so as not to cover the airvents. With that said, this charger should not get that hot. When we get one that gets that hot during our bench testing, we do not ship it to the customer.

Max
Thanks Max.
pigs might fly is offline Find More Posts by pigs might fly