HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2010, 11:42 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Feb 2007
852 Posts
firewalls

Jack,

Portcheck.com added Phoenix to their list of supported applications. I have a support ticket with them. My email to Phoenix was responded to and not very helpful.

Do you connect to your router wirelessly or wired? I wonder if this has anything to do with it. Mostly, I'm hopeful Portcheck can make it work, as they have $30 of my money and claim on their website to guarantee to open the ports... We will see.

Rick
Blade Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Blade Crasher
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2010, 02:03 PM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,097 Posts
Will be most interesting to see what Portcheck.com comes up with. I was having a similar problem a few months ago - not being able to connect to other sessions. The problem went away with version 2.5v - Phoenix support didn't admit or deny complicity. Router wise - I am hard wired with an ether-net connection. Maybe worth trying on your side?
CaptJac is offline Find More Posts by CaptJac
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2010, 02:46 PM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
oHhhh I am so in with this.

I have skype, all I've got to get now is Phoenix and a headset.

Any Ideas for the best places to buy these, Or what headset you'd recommend?

Thanks!

Edit: gettin the PHX from my LHS. Now for a headset.

Woohoo I'll feel just like a real pilot with the headset on!..........Wonder if I should wear a flight suit and helmet too!
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Last edited by desertdweller; Aug 07, 2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2010, 08:56 PM
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined May 2010
26 Posts
hey jack, can we do 9pm tomorrow which i think is today for you. which if im correct is 3pm us eastern time sunday. I should be back from golf from then. Let me know what else i need to go through.
iDocRich is offline Find More Posts by iDocRich
Old Aug 08, 2010, 04:05 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDocRich View Post
hey jack, can we do 9pm tomorrow which i think is today for you.
Hi Doc - today is tomorrow but unfortunately already booked. How does this coming week look for you?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2010, 06:21 PM
SR 120,T28D Trojan,F4U Corsair
Charlotte, NC
Joined May 2010
40 Posts
Looks like things have taken off (lol). I miss having my class time. Maybe once I'm done with my new job training work schedule will allow me to re-join the flock.
MercMan007 is offline Find More Posts by MercMan007
Old Aug 09, 2010, 09:47 AM
United States, PA, Harrisburg
Joined Jul 2010
11 Posts
Hi all,

I've seen the messages from others suggesting that if you are on the fence about buying phoenix, that the free lessons from CaptJac make it worth it. I totally agree with those posts! I've had 3 lessons with CaptJac so far and each one has led me to progress leaps and bounds faster than anything I've tried before.

I started out with a HoneyBee FP v2, just to have it dart all over the place crashing into things. I bought Phoenix even before I saw this thread because I was determined to do this RC Heli "thing". I had initial trouble just hovering in Phoenix.

I then saw this thread while I was looking for help with Phoenix and decided to give it a try.. It was free after all. Well, lessons with Jack have given me the confidence and skill to hover in the SIM and in real life. In just under a month I was able to take the skills learned in the sim with Jack into real life with my HoneyBee. I am now getting into figure 8 flights in real life and it feels great to think that I have come this far in just 1 month.

If you are having any trouble with any part of normal flight, Jack is here to help! Just send him a PM and schedule your first session, even if for some reason it's a total disaster (Don't know how it would be) it's still a win because you haven't paid anything. Good luck with your new addiction.
srk.heli is offline Find More Posts by srk.heli
Last edited by srk.heli; Aug 09, 2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2010, 05:28 PM
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined May 2010
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJac View Post
Hi Doc - today is tomorrow but unfortunately already booked. How does this coming week look for you?

i could probably fly with you on fridays at 8 oclock your time. would that be fine?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 04:00 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,097 Posts
Quote:
i could probably fly with you on fridays at 8 oclock your time. would that be fine?
Hi Doc - got you booked for Friday - 8:00 pm. It will be a silent session though if you haven't added me to your Skype contact list -jackclarke- so far don't see you there.

captJac
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:18 AM
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined May 2010
26 Posts
I'll be sure to add u on skype
Old Aug 10, 2010, 03:37 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,126 Posts
Hey Jack,

we have not flown together since Early Jan I think, got any slots this week?

PM me!

Ron
Gadflyii is offline Find More Posts by Gadflyii
Old Aug 10, 2010, 04:33 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Any lessons on realflight G5?
Yes, I am available for that one... or G3.5. Evenings, Mountain time, I am available. As Jack said, teaching is way more fun than learning, and I enjoy it more than just flying around or watching people fly. It works the same way on RealFlight - except if you have G5 we just use the built-in voice chat feature.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Aug 10, 2010, 04:35 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Crasher View Post
Jack,

Portcheck.com added Phoenix to their list of supported applications. I have a support ticket with them. My email to Phoenix was responded to and not very helpful.

Do you connect to your router wirelessly or wired? I wonder if this has anything to do with it. Mostly, I'm hopeful Portcheck can make it work, as they have $30 of my money and claim on their website to guarantee to open the ports... We will see.

Rick
Waitaminute... you paid someone to open up security holes in your system?
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:21 PM
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined May 2010
26 Posts
Hey jack is there anyway I can switch to Wednesday at 8pm? Which prolly will be a couple of hours away from the time you see this. Just let me know. Rich.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:22 PM
Canada, ON, Sudbury
Joined Jul 2010
39 Posts
Any opening on the weekend???

Hello CaptJac, i see your back to responding to people at rcgroups again so i guess the vacation is officially over. I hope you had a great time. If you have any time for lessons on the weekend i would totally be up for that!! Been working on everything we went through from the last lesson and am ready for more!!! Anyone into 3d flying check out this link from youtube, this guy gives amazing 3d flying video tutorials!!!!

Piro flips and travel - RC heli flight school v1.1 (9 min 30 sec)
heli-insane is offline Find More Posts by heli-insane