Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:36 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoyenny View Post
- Pushrods, definitely will change them fore "something better" no matter what, they will crinkle and twitch somewhere if there is some backforce from the tail surfaces !
I have done a few hundred launches on my TS2 Disser with it's standard push rod system just fine. I did carefully clean and polish the rods before fitting, and also squirt a bit of graphite powder inside the tubes. So far so good.
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:40 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,669 Posts
Spares ?

Guy's.
Anyone got advice on buying a spare rudder or H-stab for a TS2. Did you chase it thought the local hobby store, or can we get them direct from Topsky ?

My rudder is cracked horizontally from a few landings where I missed the hand catch. It is repairable, but I can see a day coming where I'd like a new one...
Martin
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:48 AM
globemaster
USA, CA, Cypress
Joined Jun 2008
1,462 Posts
Quote:
So far so good.
I copied Pete @ my local field, and taped the entire length of the rods on the tailboom, much better, maybe I am kind of perfectionist and want the servos to repeat 100% with 100.000000% accuracy every time ....
nicoyenny is offline Find More Posts by nicoyenny
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:42 AM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,631 Posts
The tail set for the Topsky 2 is available from retailers.
davidjensen is online now Find More Posts by davidjensen
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:30 PM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoyenny View Post
I copied Pete @ my local field, and taped the entire length of the rods on the tailboom, much better, maybe I am kind of perfectionist and want the servos to repeat 100% with 100.000000% accuracy every time ....
I can see that full length taping could help. I did eight loops only...
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:35 AM
globemaster
USA, CA, Cypress
Joined Jun 2008
1,462 Posts
Been getting better with my launches, trim, etc.
I managed to have ~ 1min flights with not-so-good conditions (like zero thermals) last Friday ...
I can't imagine how nice it will be catching thermals and jumpin' from one to another ...
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:06 PM
Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, George Town
Joined Apr 2006
64 Posts
Hey guys new to the dlg scene and looking for some advice on this particular model.
Im going to purchase one of these but need to know if the servos i have are suitable. I have on hand some futaba 3111, can these be used or am i asking for trouble?
kman Raptor is online now Find More Posts by kman Raptor
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:25 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
2,237 Posts
The Caymans aren't that big a place are they?
Check this guy out here on rcgroups:

drmgcm

I saw a post from him in the DLG execrises thread.
bbbp is offline Find More Posts by bbbp
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:27 AM
globemaster
USA, CA, Cypress
Joined Jun 2008
1,462 Posts
This is the servo I used:
http://www.alofthobbies.com/dsm44.html
This is the futaba servo:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLLA8
The only concern is the power of the futaba, half of the "Wayne" servo, but you don't need a lot of muscle to move those ailerons ...(imo, maybe I am wrong)
Should work, remember to cut some length of the rod (rear end), otherwise you will need to add weight to balance it ...
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:58 AM
Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, George Town
Joined Apr 2006
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbp View Post
The Caymans aren't that big a place are they?
Check this guy out here on rcgroups:

drmgcm

I saw a post from him in the DLG execrises thread.
Yeah I know him personally, just wanted a few more opinions.

nicoyenny thanks will look into those.
kman Raptor is online now Find More Posts by kman Raptor
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:50 AM
globemaster
USA, CA, Cypress
Joined Jun 2008
1,462 Posts

As long as you enjoy flying ...!!!
Old Oct 01, 2012, 05:04 PM
Pickering Ontario CANADA
Joined May 2010
767 Posts
New guy here.

Hello all. Many thanks to everyone here, so much information
I have just received a TS1 from HK and noticed the carbon strips (external spars?) are not aligned very well. They are out by 1/4" on the bottom and slightly less on the top.(see attached pics.) This is my first DLG and first experience with bagged wings, so I don't know if this will be an issue structurally. If it is just aesthetics I will live with it as it's a pain in the @$$ to return it to HK.

Name: SANY0593.jpg
Views: 74
Size: 149.9 KB
Description:

Name: SANY0594.jpg
Views: 78
Size: 101.6 KB
Description:

Thanks in advance for your opinions on this issue.
Now it's back to page 90, I still have a lot of reading to do before I start my build.

Kerry
Helitime is offline Find More Posts by Helitime
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:12 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,007 Posts
Shoukdnt be a structural problem at all. Infact of you use carbon to reinforce the joint rather than fiberglass it might hide the difference quite a bit.
Jwmflying14 is offline Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:40 PM
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Feb 2003
239 Posts
Ts1

Kerry:

Just by curiosity, how much was the landed cost (all included) of the kit at your door..?

Alberto
hobbyclub.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helitime View Post
I have just received a TS1 from HK and noticed the carbon strips (external spars?) are not aligned very well. They are out by 1/4" on the bottom and slightly less on the top.(see attached pics.) This is my first DLG and first experience with bagged wings, so I don't know if this will be an issue structurally. If it is just aesthetics I will live with it as it's a pain in the @$$ to return it to HK.

Attachment 5199899

Attachment 5199900

Now it's back to page 90, I still have a lot of reading to do before I start my build.

Kerry
hobbyclub is offline Find More Posts by hobbyclub
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:22 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jun 2011
267 Posts
Kerry - regarding your TS1 wings...

It is interesting to see your aesthetic problem with the wings - as I just had a somewhat similar problem.
As a 1st time DLG'er I am about to build a TS1 myself. I ordered one from Hobby Club for a terrific price (IMHO) which included two free servos and received the kit in record time. When I laid the wings out the red stripes on the front of each wing were a different width. As you say it is not a structural issue but certainly a "looks" issue. Anyway I snapped a photo of the mismatched wings and sent it to Alberto and he will send me a matched set right away (I'll return the mis-matched wings to him). I hope that HK will respond as quickjly for you and take care of the mis-match.
I'm guessiing that somebody at TopSky is just ignoring quality control when they put a left and right wing in the box - so they probably need to hear what both you and I are describing.
I am totally pleased with the kit and the quality of the parts. I'm also totally pleased with how Alberto immediately took care of the problem - this tells me that as I go through my learning mishaps with the TS1 I'll have a good parts supplier behind me! Thanks Alberto.
The short of it - yes you have a reasonable complaint and yes the seller should handle it for you - at least that's my 2 cents worth. Hope that helps!
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helitime View Post

Attachment 5199899

Attachment 5199900

Kerry
NZ7C is offline Find More Posts by NZ7C