SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2015, 04:24 PM
Find More Posts by sepcter
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Jun 2010
277 Posts
Discussion
AC 10 Blades

Hi everybody I was lucky to get my hands on a HK AC 10 this weekend looks well made especially the head (all aluminum) but the head is rigid no flex or hinges, the blades are carbon fiber and are very well made the strange thing is the section of the blades very thick in the front and almost flat at the trailing edge. I thought at first it was a reflex trailing edge but it was not I have made a tracing around the blade and shown thickness width and length. This is different to all my blades which are usually the Clarke Y section. Just thought you might be interested and maybe comment on this blade. Well I was nominated to test fly the AC 10 so I thought I would have a go. Little or no wind, the blades spun up really well and we were off down the runway. The model was set up as the instructions with the recommended battery (14 volt 3300mah and with the blades up to speed a takeoff was attempted I had to apply full back stick to get it to lift off. Plenty of power but it just would not climb out, so I eased off the power and let it settle to the runway, as it landed the nose wheel bent backwards and broke off no damage to the model but had to give up for the day, I have to replace the nose gear shaft. incidentally the nose gear shaft is about 2 1/2 inches long and about 3/16 in diameter very sturdy but it has 5 flats ground into it for screws and set screws, it snapped off right at the bottom flat of the steering arm. Overall I am very pleased with todays outing and look forward to our next attempt. Kevin
sepcter is offline Find More Posts by sepcter
to remove ads between posts