Huntsville AL
Joined Sep 2003
896 Posts
Discussion
Brindlee Mtn RC out and about

Pictures and post of doings at BMRC

First shots from 4-20-08
Miderror is offline Find More Posts by Miderror
Last edited by Miderror; Nov 02, 2008 at 09:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2008, 09:33 PM
AMA member since 1983
AL
Joined May 2005
310 Posts
Is this a new thread for things going on around AL?
Ken Fidler is offline Find More Posts by Ken Fidler
Old May 30, 2008, 01:10 PM
Arab, AL
Joined Jan 2002
769 Posts
Ken,
I believe that Don started the thread primarily to have a place for discussion and pics associated with activities at the Brindlee Mtn club field. Come join us some time!

BTW, congratulations on the recent addition to your family. I hope everyone is doing well.

Brad
Brad S is offline Find More Posts by Brad S
Old May 31, 2008, 08:57 AM
Huntsville AL
Joined Sep 2003
896 Posts
Up coming outting

Next event I'm looking to go to.
Jerry Smith, Ken and I have gone to this club to fly and have always had
fun and ate well
This will be a first for attending this E fly-in.

Robards Electric Fly-In, June 21st-22nd

http://www.hendersonrcmodelairplaneclub.com/

Ken,
This is just a spot to post what's happening.
The Brindlee Mtn RC club has the most activity and participation and is the best base for what we are doing as a club group. Hope your future schedule lets you come along now and again. At least Sept in KY

Thx, Don
Old Jul 20, 2008, 12:24 PM
Oh, crap...DEADSTICK!!
North Alabama
Joined Mar 2007
100 Posts
I gotta get back out to the field one day and get a plane in the air (and see if I can get someone that knows helicopters to see if they can tell me what's wrong with mine)...but I'm now working 2nd shift. Have to be a Saturday, I guess.
Don H. is offline Find More Posts by Don H.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 08:47 AM
Arab, AL
Joined Jan 2002
769 Posts
Don H,
Good to hear from you. I've been wondering what happened to you and several have asked about you. Please do try to join us sometime.

Brad
Old Jul 23, 2008, 07:44 PM
Huntsville AL
Joined Sep 2003
896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don H.
I gotta get back out to the field one day and get a plane in the air (and see if I can get someone that knows helicopters to see if they can tell me what's wrong with mine)...but I'm now working 2nd shift. Have to be a Saturday, I guess.
What type of heli and what is it doing Don?
Saturdays are good when the rain and heat are not on.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:47 AM
Oh, crap...DEADSTICK!!
North Alabama
Joined Mar 2007
100 Posts
It's a Blade CP Pro that I got at Pyramid Hobbies in Cullman. I have a Blade CX (counter-rotating props) that I can fly all around with no problem, but the CP I can't get even to lift off the ground...it just skitters around the driveway. I'm pretty sure it's just something not adjusted right, but I can't figure out what it is. The rotors seem to be getting up to speed, but not providing enough lift.

Actually, I think the main problem is that I didn't buy a brand new one, but one that had been dumped over, fixed and for sale after repairs (to save a few bucks). I think I just invented a new cliche..."save a few bucks and create a few headaches".

If I have to work this Saturday, I'll stick the heli and my warp in the truck and stop by the field for a bit if I see anyone there as I drive by around 2:00pm on the way home.
Old Aug 01, 2008, 08:29 AM
Huntsville AL
Joined Sep 2003
896 Posts
A hot weekend

Any flying planned Sat?

Still have an almost but not quiet dead yet blue foam target.

Don
Old Aug 03, 2008, 12:15 PM
Arab, AL
Joined Jan 2002
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miderror
Any flying planned Sat?

Still have an almost but not quiet dead yet blue foam target.

Don
It was too hot for me. Although, it did get fairly decent after a rain shower came through in the evening, but I didn't go even then. Spent part of the day "reconfiguring" a foam experiment gone bad. Now I have 2 near new targets. Neither are anything I'm proud of, but maybe they'll get me through another 100 or so rounds. Got another combat pack built too. Loaned one to Ken, so I only had one left for the ARC motors. The 3S outrunner system that was in my last combat slab is now back on the shelf where it belongs.

If we get clouds and a shower this afternoon, I'll be ready to go do a few flights. If not, I'll just be happy doing odds-n-ends at the shop. Flying ceases to be fun when it's this hot!

Brad
Old Aug 03, 2008, 01:09 PM
Huntsville AL
Joined Sep 2003
896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad S
It was too hot for me. Although, it did get fairly decent after a rain shower came through in the evening, but I didn't go even then. Spent part of the day "reconfiguring" a foam experiment gone bad. Now I have 2 near new targets. Neither are anything I'm proud of, but maybe they'll get me through another 100 or so rounds. Got another combat pack built too. Loaned one to Ken, so I only had one left for the ARC motors. The 3S outrunner system that was in my last combat slab is now back on the shelf where it belongs.

If we get clouds and a shower this afternoon, I'll be ready to go do a few flights. If not, I'll just be happy doing odds-n-ends at the shop. Flying ceases to be fun when it's this hot!

Brad
Watching for an afternoon cool down as well. Might pop out for some evening flying if the rains do not come.
Don
Old Aug 04, 2008, 11:22 PM
Huntsville AL
Joined Sep 2003
896 Posts
Next club meeting is Monday Aug. 11

I think it is 7:00pm at the field.
I'll be flying before and after and will have some guest with me, I hope.
Old Aug 08, 2008, 11:06 AM
Oh, crap...DEADSTICK!!
North Alabama
Joined Mar 2007
100 Posts
It's almost certain that I'll have to work tomorrow, if so I'll be stopping by the field after for some flying if anyone's there around 2:00 or so. It looks like the temps will be in the mid 80s, and that sounds GREAT after these upper 90s lately!!
Old Aug 08, 2008, 05:46 PM
Huntsville AL
Joined Sep 2003
896 Posts
Good looking Sat.

I'm heading to Brad's at 9ish and then off to the field.
Should still be activity at 2.

Jerry S. might stop out too.
Have to get planes ready for KY next month.

Don M