Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Today, 03:10 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2014
211 Posts
Thanks to both of you!
ChrisP92 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisP92
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 03:24 AM
Registered User
myflydream's Avatar
Joined Apr 2009
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsestes View Post
With all the talk of power issues, I will add one.

My AP OSD will read the voltage of the lipos, but does not read the amp draw. I am running the plane on 4S (motor, ESC), and have a step down regulator to 12V (MFD AP).

Am I missing something?
SENSORS SETTINGS->CAL. CURR
And tell me the message on the bottom of the screen after CAL. Thanks
myflydream is offline Find More Posts by myflydream
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:24 AM
Registered User
Russia, Saint Petersburg, SPB
Joined May 2013
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by myflydream View Post
The compass CAL. result will not saved to different models.
It's Global. So you need to re-cal. it if you put it to a different model.
AP inside the plane always has problems with its compass.
But since we only use the compass as heading at very low speed (<5kmph) or stay on the ground, so it's not a big problem.
Can you say something about 3D mode and AHI lines. I tryed to explain very carefuly why this stab mode and OSD lines are very useful and will made this AP more attractive.

3D Mode:

3D stabilization holds plane attitude. You are pointing your plane where and how you want to fly, 3D hold this course. No matter are you in bank, descending or inverted.

we got STB mode now. But you are not controlling you plane, you are limiting your controls instead. It useful on landings with side-wind. (but not for wing, btw. without rudder STB from helping mode becomes fighting-for-plane mode, you cant react for side wind with ailerons, coz its limited by STB). But for flying all the time its not so cool.

STB and 3D its like fixed-pitch and collective pitch in helicopters, if you know what i mean. And MAN and 3D is like flybar and flybarless. Electronic control of attitude is much smoother and stable then mechanical flybar. No drift, no wind-dependance. Just holding when you left it.

AHI Lines:

This is why im talking about additional AHI line. Its not helping to understand you plane position on high angles maneuvers. Actualy, its confusing.

And AHi lines gives you much more situation awerness about ur plane position and you can predict ur plane behavior. For example - diving with angle 30 degrees is ok, but 35-40 - you can gain to much speed. You cant determine now how deep you are diving, only subjectively, based on other indications like descend and ground/air speed. But sometimes it takes to much time to calculate how fast they are increasing and it can be to late.

MFD AHI (0 min 15 sec)


About overhelming OSD screen - maybe you can make something like this? So additional angle lines will appear only after some point of pitch, like 10-15 degrees.



Please, answer. I need your feedback.
reedevil is online now Find More Posts by reedevil
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:34 AM
Registered User
mikaelgundlach's Avatar
Joined Jul 2014
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by myflydream View Post
Sorry all new AP/TFPro come without AUDIO modem since months ago. As you already knew only V5 AATDriver works with AP/TFPro now.
Okej, but the v5 driver works whith the antentracker, even if the tracker is the old version?

And this ap i buy last year in august, so the audio modem was working, but now it's dead.?

I well sen you a email.

Mikael G
mikaelgundlach is offline Find More Posts by mikaelgundlach
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:53 PM
Registered User
Russia, Saint Petersburg, SPB
Joined May 2013
101 Posts
Well, as usual. Easy questions - done. Uncomfortable questions - ignored.
reedevil is online now Find More Posts by reedevil
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:06 PM
mdv
Registered User
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2009
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedevil View Post
Well, as usual. Easy questions - done. Uncomfortable questions - ignored.
Dude, why do you need this? You are only one of a few that want it. If you can't tell you are pointed down then you'd better get a new hobby. If all you see is sky, you are pointed up.
mdv is online now Find More Posts by mdv
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:21 PM
KD0ZEQ
Dubjay's Avatar
United States, CO, Snowmass
Joined Nov 2012
176 Posts
Learn from my mistakes guys on this thing. If you look back on my post about burning current sensor negative contact not knowing and still getting power via the 5v i damaged the main AP board. I thought i needed a new current sensor but the damage was already done. Motor tried pulling juice through AP to power esc and motor. This is confirmed from MFD. Big bummer!
Dubjay is online now Find More Posts by Dubjay
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:30 PM
Registered User
Russia, Saint Petersburg, SPB
Joined May 2013
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdv View Post
Dude, why do you need this? You are only one of a few that want it. If you can't tell you are pointed down then you'd better get a new hobby. If all you see is sky, you are pointed up.
Next flight try to fly through hightermal overcast 1 km thick. And you will get that we dont have "artificial horizon at all. We got only "first 15 degrees of AHI" in both direction. When you think you are climbing at 20 degrees until AHI will invert showing you that actualy you was almost vertical.

I just need to know. If this features are in development - i will wait, just say aproximate timeline. If not - i will stick to another AP. And it will be sad, coz i (was?) liked this AP exactly for active developer who was in touch with customers, adds functionality to its product and tryed to at least answer questions. Last answer i got about my 2 questions was year ago. "its not a priority for now". If it still there - ok. If its not - say it.

And i dont realy care about people who dont understand why this features are important for me. For me you question sounds like "why do you need those ailerons? rudder is enough!". It all depends on how you fly.
reedevil is online now Find More Posts by reedevil
Last edited by reedevil; Today at 01:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:12 PM
KD0ZEQ
Dubjay's Avatar
United States, CO, Snowmass
Joined Nov 2012
176 Posts
To sum up what happened to my AP and current sensor. The reason why my AP board is toast is because i did not "beef" up the negative side on the PCB board of current sensor. What i was told by MFD is that because i did not watch video on this. Was i supposed to know this when it is not referred to in the manual? Why do they sell a "50 Amp " and a "100amp" and tell you to specify then ? After ordering a 100amp Current sensor it actually can't handle 100amps without modifying via extra solder. The price i paid to learn this was damaging Ap.
Dubjay is online now Find More Posts by Dubjay
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:14 PM
mdv
Registered User
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2009
420 Posts
Now I get it. Still seems like 15 degrees is plenty to climb through fog/clouds. There is always a risk when features are added that something else might break. That's why I'd rather not have the developer add every possible feature that someone might want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedevil View Post
Next flight try to fly through hightermal overcast 1 km thick. And you will get that we dont have "artificial horizon at all. We got only "first 15 degrees of AHI" in both direction. When you think you are climbing at 20 degrees until AHI will invert showing you that actualy you was almost vertical.

I just need to know. If this features are in development - i will wait, just say aproximate timeline. If not - i will stick to another AP. And it will be sad, coz i (was?) liked this AP exactly for active developer who was in touch with customers, adds functionality to its product and tryed to at least answer questions. Last answer i got about my 2 questions was year ago. "its not a priority for now". If it still there - ok. If its not - say it.

And i dont realy care about people who dont understand why this features are important for me. For me you question sounds like "why do you need those ailerons? rudder is enough!". It all depends on how you fly.
mdv is online now Find More Posts by mdv
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:39 PM
Registered User
schumixmd's Avatar
Moldova
Joined Jun 2010
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubjay View Post
To sum up what happened to my AP and current sensor. The reason why my AP board is toast is because i did not "beef" up the negative side on the PCB board of current sensor. What i was told by MFD is that because i did not watch video on this. Was i supposed to know this when it is not referred to in the manual? Why do they sell a "50 Amp " and a "100amp" and tell you to specify then ? After ordering a 100amp Current sensor it actually can't handle 100amps without modifying via extra solder. The price i paid to learn this was damaging Ap.
An 50 or 100 amp is the iC itself, but traces on the board are the same.
To me, but please don't take it as offence but as advice, your soldering skills should be improved. You should understand the meaning of 100 amps, thats not the current that should pass thru hair gauge wire.
Maybe not every aspect of this hobby can be found in manuals, but thats it, there are things we should know by assumption otherwise we are not in the right hobby. I for example do not use my spare time painting because I don't know a thing in painting however I know the colors.

Have you connected the AP without the sensor? I think it may survived. i still think only ground traveled thru AP and didn't affected it too much if you didn't push it long enought.
schumixmd is online now Find More Posts by schumixmd
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion MyFlyDream Autopilot: AWESOME! brifa FPV Equipment 27 Jan 29, 2014 09:11 PM
Build Log Build your own autopilot/flight controller for a quadcopter drgowen Scratchbuilt Multirotors 0 Jul 31, 2013 12:35 PM
Discussion Multicopter autopilot controlling a Single Rotor Heli? Dimitris76 UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jul 22, 2013 07:39 PM
For Sale DJI WK-M Wookong Flight Control System with GPS Autopilot - $825 obo WildLookout Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 0 Jun 18, 2013 04:03 PM
Controlling General Aviation Autopilot Servos with an UAV autopilot board? rdf0011 Radios 3 Jun 15, 2005 05:58 PM