Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:49 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Discussion
moutain models bad business ?

Some time ago I ordered a "Sovereign Sailplane" kit from Moutain Models. The kit did not come with plans. I have called Brian Erberwein, the owner, many, many times, asking for the plans to this kit. I have not received any return calls or emails from him or his company regarding this problem. This is extremely frustrating dealing with a company who will not respond or seemingly does not respect their customers.

I am writing to make others aware of the problem with this company so that others won't be ripped off by them. I would like to know how a company can sell kits without the plans ? Is there anyone reading this that has had this same experience with this company? If anyone reading this has plans for this kit, I will gladly pay the copy fees and shipping if you can help me.
scott wells is offline Find More Posts by scott wells
Last edited by scott wells; Oct 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: deleat proplem solved
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:07 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
Mountain Models is a very reputable company............lotta times , laser cut kits dont include plans etc .....Im guessing along the lines of there isn't much guesswork involved or maybe there's a file you can download from the site?
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:39 PM
-insert witty saying here-
United States, CT, Killingworth
Joined Dec 2005
1,741 Posts
How long ago is "some time"? Mountain doesn't even show the Sovereign on their site and all the build threads here on RCG date back four years or more.....

I find it hard to believe you can't possibly get an answer from Mountain on them supplying you a plan set.
Hemikiller is online now Find More Posts by Hemikiller
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
road wart
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
they have a few parts listed there still....and wing kit
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:26 PM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
they have a few parts listed there still....and wing kit
that I know about becouse I have one of the wing kits
it does not have plans.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:34 PM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemikiller View Post
How long ago is "some time"? Mountain doesn't even show the Sovereign on their site and all the build threads here on RCG date back four years or more.....

I find it hard to believe you can't possibly get an answer from Mountain on them supplying you a plan set.
they do not return phone call from my exprece
it was 6 months ago that I got the kit .
I am very un happy with his companny and mad.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:36 PM
Cox Engine Hoarder
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
Joined Jun 2004
571 Posts
I have met Brian at the our local RC club swap meet back in March. He is only a few miles from me in Appleton. He seemed like a stand up guy and I bought and built many kits from Mountain Models. Any problems I have ever had were quickly resolved. The post office folded the box in half on the duskstick kit I bought and a replacement was sent out the same day I called. I will send you a PM with another email address that he has on his buisness card that is not listed on his website contact info.

Jason
Jason_WI is online now Find More Posts by Jason_WI
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:30 AM
AMA 937634
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
1,579 Posts
Wow, that's the first time I've heard of a problem with Mountain Models.

All I can say is that in the 5 or so models that I've purchased from him that I've received exactly what I've ordered and that they've been of high quality.

On my last order I accidentally ordered white Solite instead of black and ddin't find the problem until after I had paid. An email to Brian solved that issue the next day.

-Mike
Stone1295 is online now Find More Posts by Stone1295
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:54 PM
BYOP - Build Your Own Planes
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Mar 2001
1,721 Posts
Mr. Wells,

As I explained during the 40+ minute phone conversation with you last week; when you ordered the wing kit 6 months ago, I thought you had the plans still, so they were not included.

When you called me last week about plans, I told you that I probably did not have plans, as it has been discontinued for over 5 years. I told you that if I did not have them, I would have a set plotted and call you when that was done.

The plans were plotted and copied yesterday, and yes, it did take longer than expected. As I promised, the plans are being shipped.

For everyone else reading this;

Right now, it's just me here at Mountain Models.
  • I am 2-3 days behind on both emails and voice mail right now.
  • I do have a few kits on back order right now, waiting on wood and hardware, some of which just showed up yesterday.
  • I do make mistakes, as I am still human, but I try my best to make up for it when I do make those mistakes.
  • I am working as hard as I can to get everything caught up.
  • I also raise my 3-year and 6-year old boys at the same time.

Regards,
Brian
Mountain Models
Mountain Models is offline Find More Posts by Mountain Models
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:58 PM
road wart
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
Scott.........added to "do not sell to list"
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:42 PM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
7,419 Posts
Brian, I have an L 4, a P 51 and a C 180: I will be back, many, many times. Keep up the good work.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Closed Thread