HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 08, 2014, 03:56 PM
Joined Jun 2013
17 Posts
Hi
i have a Bi-plane with 1 servo per Aileron which =4 servo's they are all on individual channels . What i want to know is how to set this up in the blue light or do i have you run them through 2 y leads
jaideld is offline Find More Posts by jaideld
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2014, 11:12 PM
Manufacturer
Joined Sep 2012
277 Posts
First of all let me give the two basic options when connecting up multi servo connections, then I'll address the 4 servo question as I understand it:

There are two options:
1. Pass Through You can keep the channel assignments as they are in your radio and just pass these through the gyro - with the gyro then adding a stability signal on top. On the basic tab you will need to set the Pitch Roll and Yaw to pass through mode. However, in this mode the gyro doesn't operate in full rate mode. This means you only get the stability function when your sticks are central. (Also the exact gain function doesn't work in this mode)

2. Normal. It is recommended that you use the normal (or full rate) mode. (Tick real time fn) In this case you only input three channels to the gyro (Pitch, Roll and Yaw on inputs 1, 3 and 5 respectively), then you let the gyro do any mixing that you may require, or indeed any rate changes by setting up on some of the other advanced tab pages. You then get two outputs per input which can drive your two servos per control surface. By default one is the inverse of the other. Eg for Pitch output 1 is normal and output 2 is inverted. These can then be changed on the basic tab page as well as any individual sub-trims. Note that the trim can also be set up (for each pair) from the Adv1 tab page top right (with reference to the manual)

For either mode it is important to also set up the signal outputs to match your servos, from the Adv1 tab page right hand side.

If I understand your original question you have 2 ailerons per wing, and so have 4 ailerons in total for roll control. In this case better to use the normal mode (2) as stated above and then use Y cables to double up on each wing. I don't think there's any other way to do it. (Since there's no way to assign a roll gyro correction to more than two output channels)
IceManPro is offline Find More Posts by IceManPro
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:04 AM
Joined Jun 2013
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManPro View Post
First of all let me give the two basic options when connecting up multi servo connections, then I'll address the 4 servo question as I understand it:

There are two options:
1. Pass Through You can keep the channel assignments as they are in your radio and just pass these through the gyro - with the gyro then adding a stability signal on top. On the basic tab you will need to set the Pitch Roll and Yaw to pass through mode. However, in this mode the gyro doesn't operate in full rate mode. This means you only get the stability function when your sticks are central. (Also the exact gain function doesn't work in this mode)

2. Normal. It is recommended that you use the normal (or full rate) mode. (Tick real time fn) In this case you only input three channels to the gyro (Pitch, Roll and Yaw on inputs 1, 3 and 5 respectively), then you let the gyro do any mixing that you may require, or indeed any rate changes by setting up on some of the other advanced tab pages. You then get two outputs per input which can drive your two servos per control surface. By default one is the inverse of the other. Eg for Pitch output 1 is normal and output 2 is inverted. These can then be changed on the basic tab page as well as any individual sub-trims. Note that the trim can also be set up (for each pair) from the Adv1 tab page top right (with reference to the manual)

For either mode it is important to also set up the signal outputs to match your servos, from the Adv1 tab page right hand side.

If I understand your original question you have 2 ailerons per wing, and so have 4 ailerons in total for roll control. In this case better to use the normal mode (2) as stated above and then use Y cables to double up on each wing. I don't think there's any other way to do it. (Since there's no way to assign a roll gyro correction to more than two output channels)
Thanks for the info :This is what i thought it would have to be done but as this is a competition plane i need all 4 Ailerons to be independant for differential trimming.

Martin
jaideld is offline Find More Posts by jaideld