HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2012, 12:02 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2006
391 Posts
Question
quick release heavy duty servo connector

I saw connecting the flap/ail servo everytime on glider can be a boring and risky idea. sooner or later the servo connectors will wear out and fail either flap or aileron servo. is there any connector that really heavy duty and last foreever, hold strong in air but still easy to take off? ideally one connector for all four servo wires is best solution.
modelerchina is online now Find More Posts by modelerchina
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2012, 01:21 PM
Duane
No. VA
Joined Nov 2004
1,358 Posts
Multiplex plug and socket.
Pair of Deans micro 4-pin connectors. Can use red to differentiate.
DB9 connectors. Available from many other sources also.
Wazmo is online now Find More Posts by Wazmo
Old May 09, 2012, 09:20 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2006
391 Posts
OMG, that's very complete source, thank you
modelerchina is online now Find More Posts by modelerchina
Old May 09, 2012, 09:46 PM
Duane
No. VA
Joined Nov 2004
1,358 Posts
Forgot to mention, if you use DB9 connectors, don't forget the pin and socket terminals. I prefer crimp, but some like solder.
Wazmo is online now Find More Posts by Wazmo
Old May 11, 2012, 11:38 PM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
6,855 Posts
For wings with wing rods, I glue pins onto the wing and the socket into the fuse or vice versa. I try to have the pins recessed. When the wing goes in, the plug gets connected automatically. There are many connectors which can be used, but it's good to use something with a bit of extra length. Headers and sockets available from Digikey and such places. Cheap, too. For a wing that bolts on top, the Multiplex connectors aren't bad, though even there it might be good to have them mounted so they plug automatically instead of handling wires all the time. I've seen this done with a DB9 connector on some fancy moldie.
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: paper blast tube test