HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2014, 06:25 PM
United States, MA, Worcester
Joined Feb 2013
759 Posts
Dewey, why was the Icon playing at being a submarine? Did you have the CG correct or did the camera move your weight too far forward. As I recall, mine floats much higher in the water (no camera) and doesn't ever try to submarine like yours did at 8:32 in the video.
ST_Bob is online now Find More Posts by ST_Bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2014, 03:21 PM
"Meh... it'll probably repair"
United Kingdom, England, Oxon
Joined Oct 2013
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST_Bob View Post
Dewey, why was the Icon playing at being a submarine? Did you have the CG correct or did the camera move your weight too far forward. As I recall, mine floats much higher in the water (no camera) and doesn't ever try to submarine like yours did at 8:32 in the video.
CG was fine but I am using a 2450 Zippy compact, FY41ap (and its heavy power module) so the AUW is quite high compared to stock. I was also using the GoPro in its waterproof case and a rather crudely large bolt to fix it (and its tripod mount) to the cockpit. I also think the bathroom sealer i used to fill/ repair a mising light pod was a little heavy

It was floating just above the water line but as soon as it dipped slightly under the water filled the cockpit tray which then weighed it down further. Still it survived without a bead so i was happy.
DeweyAXD is offline Find More Posts by DeweyAXD
Old Jul 19, 2014, 07:54 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
2,920 Posts
Got a few flights in with the ICON:

Parkzone ICON A5 MLWY1 (4 min 12 sec)

bd
BattleDude is online now Find More Posts by BattleDude
Last edited by BattleDude; Today at 01:06 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 10:30 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
Got a few flights in with the ICON:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhzWygwml6A

bd
Nice flight BD
great video footage
foamyflyerr is online now Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM
Joined Sep 2008
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeall View Post
Thought you guys might like this idea I came up with when I kept frying rudder servos.

You have to trim the pushrod and z-bend the end as well as trim the pushrod guide but this works great. I've been flying it this way for about a year now and have had no issues. I wrapped some clear tape around the servo and the shoe-gooed it upside down.

Hope this helps. Love this plane - still trying to figure out why they discontinued it? Thoughts?
Just open the servo and squirt in some Corrosion Block. Your servo can then run under water if you like.

I do that for all my float planes and I have never had an issue.

Mike
va3mw is offline Find More Posts by va3mw