HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:20 PM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAudio View Post
RX battery channel
So the receiver actually provides power to the FC? Had never hooked it up that way before, thanks.
cquian is online now Find More Posts by cquian
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:05 PM
Some call me the other guy!
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,390 Posts
That is the way you want it if your using a Spektrum RX.
If you lose radio signal the ship will crash and not fly away like if you do it the other way.
DoctorAudio is offline Find More Posts by DoctorAudio
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:33 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
That is the way you want it if your using a Spektrum RX.
If you lose radio signal the ship will crash and not fly away like if you do it the other way.
Wait a minute! Are you saying that Spektrum receivers have a built-in relay or a powerful transistor that switches off the power when radio signal is lost?
RC911 is online now Find More Posts by RC911
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My T-shaped multirotors
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:09 PM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,390 Posts
No, but it will go into failsafe.
Which will put the servos in the position the sticks was in when you bond it together.
I suggest you don't want the throttle over zero when you bind.
Plz, remember the quad has four spinning props?
And it is better for you to suffer the damaged multi-rotor than have it fly off and run into someone or something.
All mine are set for zero throttle.
Better have a broken quad, than a compeletly gone quad or worst a police report!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:53 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Which will put the servos in the position the sticks was in when you bond it together.
And it is better for you to suffer the damaged multi-rotor than have it fly off and run into someone or something.
Better have a broken quad, than a compeletly gone quad or worst a police report!
But then it doesn't matter where he (user cquian) connects his BEC output. He might as well use a free motor output or a free RX input on the controller board since these power connection points (including the receiver) are linked together. His receiver will NOT power his FC in any case.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:58 PM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC911 View Post
But then it doesn't matter where he (user cquian) connects his BEC output. He might as well use a free motor output or a free RX input on the controller board since these power connection points (including the receiver) are linked together. His receiver will NOT power his FC in any case.
First I am using Futaba

I don't have any extra motor pins, Quadrino only has 4, unless you are referring to servo1 or servo2 pins? There are some additional connections that I would have to solder pins to, not sure if those are better?
cquian is online now Find More Posts by cquian
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:43 PM
Joined Aug 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquian View Post
First I am using Futaba

I don't have any extra motor pins, Quadrino only has 4, unless you are referring to servo1 or servo2 pins? There are some additional connections that I would have to solder pins to, not sure if those are better?
If you have a Quadrino V1E you should use a free channel on your receiver (for simplicity), but the beeper output can also be used.

If you have a Quadrino V1D you can use servo1, servo2 or a free channel on your receiver.

I'm sorry if I confused you, but my point was that whichever way you connect your BEC it will not affect the fail-safe behavior.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:43 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,232 Posts
Quote:

???
This is kinda true on Spektrum 6200 and smaller. On spektrum 7000 and up failsafe is fully programable. On my first Quadrino quad I had a Spektrum DX7i and a AR6250RX which if you lost Radio, it went into failsafe and simply landed. Of course I had to get the RPM add above idle set correctly in the sketch.
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:12 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,390 Posts
Guru is loving the 1311 now!

I just had 2 batteries of totally awesome GPS hold!!! Iíve also had about 5 flight on the latest dev1311 without a problem. I used another quad, and another FC+GPS board. Can you let Jerry know. Which Jerry is it that was about to test 1311?

Here are my latest settings. POSR both P and I are drastically reduced. I think I reduced POS as well (P only). Response was still very good. Seems much of the movement was due to I overshoot from what I could gather. I was using my android phone and BT connection to modify settings in the air! Sweet.

In the code, I set:

#define GPS_LEAD_FILTER // Adds a forward predictive filterig to compensate gps lag. Code based on Jason Short's lead filter implementation

#define GPS_FILTERING // add a 5 element moving average filter to GPS coordinates, helps eliminate gps noise but adds latency comment out to disable

#define GPS_WP_RADIUS 50 // if we are within this distance to a waypoint then we consider it reached (distance is in cm)

#define NAV_SLEW_RATE 15 // Adds a rate control to nav output, will smoothen out nav angle spikes

So both the FILTERING and LEAD_FILTER is enabled. The config.h file is attached if you want to try it. Donít forget to check your def.h settings for your board. I am going to bring this DEV version into the firmware tool tonight if possible.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:56 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,652 Posts
How about the blue light? mine was not present.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:58 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,390 Posts
try this and don't select the board.
Only slect the sensors in the config.H
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:02 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,390 Posts
Me and the first Jerry are going to try out the new r1315.

Will let you know later today.

Doctor got a day of flying to do!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:03 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,652 Posts
use this for android BT: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....ezio.multiwii
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:16 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,652 Posts
Quote:
try this and don't select the board.
Only slect the sensors in the config.H
ok Doc, i use this to setup config.h only. Mag callibration time up to 99 sec...
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:33 AM
Milwaukie , Oregon
Joined Feb 2003
4,390 Posts
I love the built in bubble leveler.
this one is light years ahead of the others.
your link is broken!