HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2014, 02:30 AM
Joined Mar 2012
22 Posts
Discussion
Best fpv 7-8" fpv screen?

Ive been looking at buying a good screen for fpv use. Key thing it cannot blue or black screen, and around the 100$ range.
Is Feelworld a good brand name? Does anybody have any experience with their monitors? How are the Feelworld monitors with receivers built in? Do they have good receivers? Compaired to a boscam RC305.

Also has anyone tried this monitor http://www.ebay.ca/itm/261508498597?...84.m1438.l2649
Does it have the blue screen problem?

Thanks in advance.
Eclipse3d is online now Find More Posts by Eclipse3d
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2014, 08:58 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2013
559 Posts
I love this one:

http://www.getfpv.com/8-lumenier-lcd-fpv-monitor.html
Made in Austria is online now Find More Posts by Made in Austria
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:41 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse3d View Post
Ive been looking at buying a good screen for fpv use. Key thing it cannot blue or black screen, and around the 100$ range.
Is Feelworld a good brand name? Does anybody have any experience with their monitors? How are the Feelworld monitors with receivers built in? Do they have good receivers? Compaired to a boscam RC305.

Also has anyone tried this monitor http://www.ebay.ca/itm/261508498597?...84.m1438.l2649
Does it have the blue screen problem?

Thanks in advance.
don't buy that! look for 640 x 480 resolution minimum IMHO
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Jul 20, 2014, 02:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
don't buy that! look for 640 x 480 resolution minimum IMHO
Thanks, Resolution doesn't really matter, as composite is a crappy connection to begin with. Non-blue screen is KEY though. So i will probably stay away anyway unless someone else can chine in with some good results from it.

Anybody try those Feelworld monitors that are all over Ebay?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 02:55 PM
Learning to crash
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2014
149 Posts
So I've been looking at several of these and just keep wondering why cant FPV be viewed through any kind of laptop or even a tablet? Theres a million cables out there that will let you connect to just about anything? What am I missing here?
Tom T is offline Find More Posts by Tom T
Old Jul 20, 2014, 03:14 PM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
1,926 Posts
Tom T: I tried using a "fast" laptop, and there is just too much lag. I used a VGA "capture device called Easycap. Perhaps there are fast better ones out now?
glmccready is online now Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Jul 20, 2014, 03:30 PM
United States, OK, Claremore
Joined Jun 2012
218 Posts
Just get one of these Philips 7012 slave screens http://www.ebay.com/itm/PHILIPS-PD70...item2a2cf4a569

No blue screen, 480x234 resolution but dosent look that bad when using it. Just build a shroud to go around it with some black foam board at Walmart. They work really well and you just cant beat the price. If you buy one it must be the slave screen, not the one with the dvd player built in to it. The slave screen will not blue screen.
I have 2 of them. I replaced one with a 8 inch monitor built for fpv and its resolution is better (maybe not $70 better) but it cant make up its mind if it should run in ntsc or pal.
vicrider is online now Find More Posts by vicrider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: scratch fpv pusher
Old Jul 20, 2014, 03:42 PM
Switzerland, VS, Oberems
Joined Apr 2010
525 Posts
foxtechfpv has also good ones. just look to get 450cd
w4Rd3n is online now Find More Posts by w4Rd3n
Old Jul 21, 2014, 02:46 AM
Joined Mar 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T View Post
So I've been looking at several of these and just keep wondering why cant FPV be viewed through any kind of laptop or even a tablet? Theres a million cables out there that will let you connect to just about anything? What am I missing here?
Almost impossible to fly. The lag is at least half a second behind.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 02:50 AM
Joined Mar 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicrider View Post
Just get one of these Philips 7012 slave screens http://www.ebay.com/itm/PHILIPS-PD70...item2a2cf4a569

No blue screen, 480x234 resolution but dosent look that bad when using it. Just build a shroud to go around it with some black foam board at Walmart. They work really well and you just cant beat the price. If you buy one it must be the slave screen, not the one with the dvd player built in to it. The slave screen will not blue screen.
I have 2 of them. I replaced one with a 8 inch monitor built for fpv and its resolution is better (maybe not $70 better) but it cant make up its mind if it should run in ntsc or pal.
I hear alot of good things about those PHILIPS monitors, but can't seem to find a dealer that sells a "100% working one"

What do you mean by "it can't make up its mind" Whats it doing? What monitor is it? if you don't mind me asking. And what camera are you using?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 05:42 AM
Athens
Joined Oct 2009
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glmccready View Post
Tom T: I tried using a "fast" laptop, and there is just too much lag. I used a VGA "capture device called Easycap. Perhaps there are fast better ones out now?
I ve been flying one year with laptop n easycap. The lag is only noticeable on thegrounnd- in the air you dont feel a difference. The worst thing about easycap is signal loss that takes time to come back. Changed to a monitor and signal losses only last for miliseconds.

About good monitors, a flying buddy has the 8" fieldview and it is great
dk31 is offline Find More Posts by dk31
Old Jul 21, 2014, 02:45 PM
United States, OK, Claremore
Joined Jun 2012
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse3d View Post

What do you mean by "it can't make up its mind" Whats it doing? What monitor is it? if you don't mind me asking. And what camera are you using?
The monitor has 3 ntsc settings and 4 pal settings. With any combination of tx (5) that I have or receiver I have (2). Those ntsc/pal settings will not change, But change the camera and the settings change. A camera that was using a ntsc setting and unplugged and then used again an hour later for example might change to a pal setting. Never heard this before. While watching a scrambled view on the monitor I will have a perfect view thru the Philips monitor or my fatshark base sd, or my fatshark dominators.
The monitor is a rmrc 8inch that is the same that's sold thru other places also. I have never heard of this problem before. Strange.
vicrider is online now Find More Posts by vicrider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: scratch fpv pusher
Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM
United States, TX, Farmers Branch
Joined Jun 2013
22 Posts
Fpv Monitor

I just use an old computer moniter with http://sewelldirect.com/Composite-RC...-Converter.asp. It works very well and i saved a bunch of money!
greenmonster182 is offline Find More Posts by greenmonster182