Old Jan 07, 2014, 06:30 AM
Earning my wings
Australia, WA
Joined Jan 2014
4 Posts
Discussion
Rebuilding FMS Cessna 206t Trainer 4CH

Hi

I'm new to this world of flying foam and balsa, having little to no knowledge of how planes work.

My wife surprised me this Xmas with a pre owned but never flown old gen 36 MHz FMS Cessna 206t 4CH Trainer. Half the screws were missing. the transmitter had been used for a helicopter and didn't operate the plane correctly.

I have crashed several times because i was adamant i knew what i was doing. Typical know it all bull in a china shop, can do anything attitude. Something that i have come to learn in the last two weeks is why and how beginners crash planes and just walk away from the hobby.

The plane was in pieces and now i have repaired the main fuselage and ironed out transmitter issues (Tx was set in helicopter mode).

However i have managed to find that my local chain of hobby stores have "generic" Cessna trainer parts that appear to be correct for my plane (wings, noses, props and landing gear) Although they cannot give me screw sizes (metric).

I have tried searching the FMS website for the model and have emailed their support, but it looks like the model is too old.

I would like to rebuild this plane, replace any parts and have it "ship shape" and ready to fly within a moderate timeframe.

I would like to also upgrade my radio gear and add flaps.

what i'm looking for is help with screw sizes and advice on flying trainers that have had fuselage damage (cockpit pillars)

Screws
* Wing 2x and 1x
* Tail Plane 2x
* Wing stabalisers 4x

Thanks in advance
Deadstick is offline Find More Posts by Deadstick
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2014, 09:50 PM
Dongskie
Philippines, NCR, Mandaluyong City
Joined Jul 2007
1,077 Posts