HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Jul 2007
76 Posts
My T-Motor MT3506 Test motors arrived yesterday. I just love the design fit and finish. One of the box was not wrapped, and found that inside, the motor and the accessories package was not sealed. so the screws had all entered the motor and got stuck in the magnets. I am hoping that they have not removed the coating of the windings.
Anyway First impression is a WOW! Just hope they perform as good as they look.
roxyboby is offline Find More Posts by roxyboby
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Jul 2007
76 Posts
My T-Motor MT3506 for testing have arrived.
First impression is definately a WOW! I just love the Fit and finish. It almost looks like Jewellery. In comparison to my Hextronix motors these are machined much much better.
Anyway there were some shipping issues though. One of the motors was not packed properly. They were not sealed and so the screws from the accessories pack had spilt into the motor pack and all the screws had got stuck to the magnets. I only hope no damage has been done to the windings. Will have to test them first.

All in all A+ for Fit and finish. Just hope they perform as good as they look.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Jul 2007
76 Posts
Sorry I posted twice. Thought it hadn't got thru. Please ignore either.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:59 PM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,385 Posts
Any news when mine will be shipped, I paid the shipping charge but my account just says pending
Regards
Simon
bignose13 is offline Find More Posts by bignose13
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:22 PM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,180 Posts
Hi fpvmodels. The 3515 400kv motors turned up today. Big thanks to you guys for that.

I will be mounting them on a Vulcan multiframe that I have just bought. As I have only got four I will use them in a quad configuration. (not sure how that will perform with low kv) but there is only one way to find out.

I'm just waiting for graupner props to come back in stock and then I will be able to get testing.
First impressions. Looks like a good quality product.

Do you guys want the reviews done in this thread or to start a new thread?

Thanks for your generosity.

Regards
Paul
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:27 AM
Mosquito 6
Joined Jun 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC View Post
Paul, starting a new thread would pretty much defeat the purpose of a vendor gifting out product to solicit/garner reviews Read by Interested Subscribers to
This Thread .. don't ya think? Good luck with your build Paul .. make sure to specify success with different esc's you try please.
TayNinh68 is offline Find More Posts by TayNinh68
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:32 AM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayNinh68 View Post
Paul, starting a new thread would pretty much defeat the purpose of a vendor gifting out product to solicit/garner reviews Read by Interested Subscribers to
This Thread .. don't ya think?
I think the interested subscribers to this thread are the guys that put their names up to do the reviews.
Personally I don't mind. If fpvmodels wants them posted in this thread, no probs.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:47 AM
Mosquito 6
Joined Jun 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
I think the interested subscribers to this thread are the guys that put their names up to do the reviews.
Personally I don't mind. If fpvmodels wants them posted in this thread, no probs.
Ahh .. I see. Well, I am just a potential customer, following a couple of similar threads testing the latest premium brands of motors for a new build. I was gonna use the TM4008's, but apparently some problems matching esc's, so only bought one for testing. I was persuaded by the Tiger Motor chart for that motor, but so far, the 15 grams per watt has eluded every tester.

I look forward to seeing your build, and sincerely wish you all success there Paul
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Jul 2012
391 Posts
thanks for the review, we have post your review and video on our website FPV MODEL: http://www.fpvmodel.com/tmotor-mt3515_p377.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by caotri View Post
My new build Octo with Mt-3515 - 400KV
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1743883
fpvmodels is offline Find More Posts by fpvmodels
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:30 PM
Joined Jul 2012
391 Posts
hi the nice guy, yes, you can choose the type on the list, it will be nice for both language
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNiceGuy View Post
Are you still looking for reviewers? I could do a bilingual Japanese and English review on my YouTube account.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Jul 2012
391 Posts
hi icewind:
yes we still looking for reviewers
you can choose the one on the list which are not taken by other reviewer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
@fpvmodels, same question here, are you still accepting reviewers?

I was particularly interested in the MS2208 KV1100 model, or similar with >1000Kv to use with 3S and 8'' to 9'' props.

I'm running 2200mah 3S LiPo's and I'm trying to get the best flying time and for that I'm looking for motors with good efficiency around 50 - 70% of the throttle.
I've checked the MS2208 KV1100 and it gets 15.5% at 50% (with a 8x4'') what seems really good.

Here's my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/nandox7
And my page: http://www.xrotor.net/ where I report on some of the hardware I test and software I develop.
Thanks!
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:35 PM
Joined Jul 2012
391 Posts
we also have T-Motors ESC for the motor, believe that spec is supported by there own ESC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayNinh68 View Post
I see this is your first post .. Welcome. I purchased one of these .. MT4008 .. for thrust testing in late fall. While they certainly appear to be very well made, there are a lot of problems with matching with ESC's .. cogging .. stalling, etc. The spec sheet is impressive .. 15 grams per watt, but as yet, nobody has achieved what MT has published, and the illusive ESC that they specify, cannot be found.

My goal is to build an 800 class, H hexa, and the MT's were my prime candidate for this build until other threads popped up, even with videos of cogging and stalling. So before either of us plunks down $500 for motors, this ESC problem should certainly be dialed in amigo.

Here is another thread I am following .. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post22907944 which has mentions of the MT4008's, and also, take a look at http://forums.openpilot.org/forum/26-multirotors/ and you will find MT4008's shown to be problematic.

I think the MT4008's will work with a perfectly matched ESC, but it's obvious that has been allusive, and even most Hexa's will fall out of the air if one just motor stalls. The other now two premium brands of pancakes are more competitively priced, and are meeting with much more consistent success.

If someone can actually make a build that demonstrates 15 grams per watt in a hexa with these motors, I will buy five more, but the stall and fall I see just won't get it, especially for $85 a pop. Good luck with your build .. wishing you all success.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:38 PM
Joined Jul 2012
391 Posts
great to know that you have already received the item because some reviewer
are still waiting, due to the China national holiday,hope to see your review and video ASAP, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyboby View Post
Sorry I posted twice. Thought it hadn't got thru. Please ignore either.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:39 PM
Joined Jul 2012
391 Posts
prefer you start new thread and show your link here
Quote:
Hi fpvmodels. The 3515 400kv motors turned up today. Big thanks to you guys for that.

I will be mounting them on a Vulcan multiframe that I have just bought. As I have only got four I will use them in a quad configuration. (not sure how that will perform with low kv) but there is only one way to find out.

I'm just waiting for graupner props to come back in stock and then I will be able to get testing.
First impressions. Looks like a good quality product.

Thanks for your generosity.

Regards
Paul
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:57 AM
Mosquito 6
Joined Jun 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvmodels View Post
we also have T-Motors ESC for the motor, believe that spec is supported by there own ESC
That's good to know .. hopefully someone can use them in a build that demonstrates the published lift stats. Thanks for the info ..