HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:29 AM
Joined Feb 2006
579 Posts
Contest
CRRC ALES contest, Sudbury, MA, September 1

Following last year's inaugural ALES contest, Davis Field in Sudbury, MA will once again be the site for the Charles River Radio Controllers ALES contest. CAM circuits will be available for sale at $40. Circuits will be loaned for free for use during the contest. Please see the flyer.
williamson is offline Find More Posts by williamson
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:52 PM
WINS - Winch In Nose Sailplane
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,075 Posts
I will be there. I had a ton of fun at last year's event.
Preston
jaizon is online now Find More Posts by jaizon
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Feb 2006
579 Posts
Several dedicated sailplane pilots have expressed interest in this new type of event.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:55 PM
Joined Feb 2006
579 Posts
There will be two close-by ALES contests in September. The first will be the CRRC (www.charlesriverrc.org) ALES contest on Saturday, September 1 and the second will be the SNHRCC (www.snhrcc.org) ALES contest in Hudson, NH on Sunday, September 30.
Last edited by williamson; Aug 14, 2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: date correction
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:42 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,931 Posts
I'm thinking about coming up for this contest. Do you guys have a ballpark on how many pilots you're expecting?

Randy
rcbrust is offline Find More Posts by rcbrust
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Feb 2006
579 Posts
This will be the first year for the ALES contest in NH. The number of pilots would be a wild guess. This will be the second year for the CRRC ALES contest. Last year we had 12 pilots. We think that interest in ALES is growing.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:27 AM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,931 Posts
Sounds like it may be worth the trip. If you'd like to be added to the ALES League contest listing, let me know.

Randy
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:43 PM
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,075 Posts
The SNHRCC contest, listed in Sailplane Events has over 230 views. But I'm not expecting that many to show up. However we should pull some from the Charles River event, and as Dick said, interest in this kind of event is growing. If we get 15 I will be quite happy.

Preston
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:11 PM
Joined Feb 2006
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbrust View Post
Sounds like it may be worth the trip. If you'd like to be added to the ALES League contest listing, let me know.

Randy
Yes. Please include our contest the ALES League contest listing.

-Dick Williamson
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:13 PM
USA, NH
Joined Mar 2008
3,075 Posts
Way to go, Dick! The more the merrier.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:30 PM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,931 Posts
Looks like I should be at CRRC on the 1st as long as the weather looks decent.

Randy
Old Aug 25, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Feb 2006
579 Posts
Reminder to all of those who are thinking about taking part in a great ALES contest: the Sudbury, MA contest is a week way.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:21 PM
Soaring Circuits
Coopersburg, PA
Joined Sep 2001
1,931 Posts
CRRC,

Are you guys interested in an audio system for your contest? I have a laptop with the setup we used at the Nats ALES. I also have the amplifiers and speakers if you need them. Makes the contest run very smoothly with minimal bother to the CD.

Randy
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Feb 2006
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbrust View Post
CRRC,

Are you guys interested in an audio system for your contest? I have a laptop with the setup we used at the Nats ALES. I also have the amplifiers and speakers if you need them. Makes the contest run very smoothly with minimal bother to the CD.

Randy
We have an amplifier and speakers. I assume that your laptop has audio files for running things. That might be useful. See you tomorrow.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined Feb 2006
579 Posts
We just finished a great day of very competitive flying. Lift, sink, clear skies and overcast were
cyclical throughout the day. Man-on-man scoring helped keep the playing field even. After three rounds, we went to seeded grouping. This meant that for most of the remaining five rounds, the same four flyers went head-to-head in the same flight groups. After eight rounds, top finishers were Dave Beach, Randy Brust, Lincoln Ross and Kenny Sharp. The last two flew Radians. Today's contest was a great run up to the September 30 ALES contest in Hudson, NH.