HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:14 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
Hey guys... when you are in a hover and punch it full throttle should it raise straight up every time? Mine kind of pulls to the back right corner so I am unable to goose it before a loop because it always jerks over to the back right. Is there a motor problem or is this normal on these little things?
Mine does that after a crash...if I rebind it, everything is normal.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:34 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
I just make sure that if i use full throttle, i dont slam it, gently raise the throttle. When you give full throttle the throttle overpowers the gyro a little, so any variance in power will send it tipping in a direction. And since the gyros are heading hold, if you try to counter it the gyros will over correct.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:29 AM
Joined Apr 2008
116 Posts
It isn't necessarily a motor going bad. A prop that is slightly bent will cause uneven distribution of thrust and the gyros can't fully compensate when at full power. I was not able to apply full power without nearly flipping the thing, then I changed out all four props and it's very nearly an elevator ride. There's still a little bit of wobble at full power, because even new props are not perfectly matched.
fred_dot_u is offline Find More Posts by fred_dot_u
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:49 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Mine does that after a crash...if I rebind it, everything is normal.
Are you re-BINDing where you power on the quad, put your transmitter into binding mode, power on the transmitter, wait until the LEDs on the quad stop flashing and then go?

Or... are you just re-LINKing where you power on the TX, power-cycle the quad and then go?

Just want to make sure since I find some folks mix those two words up when describing what they're doing...
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:42 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Are you re-BINDing where you power on the quad, put your transmitter into binding mode, power on the transmitter, wait until the LEDs on the quad stop flashing and then go?

Or... are you just re-LINKing where you power on the TX, power-cycle the quad and then go?

Just want to make sure since I find some folks mix those two words up when describing what they're doing...
I am doing a full rebind..sometimes after a crash it has mind of its own...I turn on the heli, then the tx with the trainer switch towards me..after 2 secs I let go of the trainer switch, then rudder stick to the left for 'X' configuration. Releasing it after the blue light turns solid.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:54 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,643 Posts
Wow. That's really interesting. What happens if you don't rebind like that?

I don't have a mQX but was planning on getting one. Anybody else seeing this problem? (Sorry if this is a FAQ...since I don't have one I haven't been following this thread consistently.)
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:31 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Wow. That's really interesting. What happens if you don't rebind like that?

I don't have a mQX but was planning on getting one. Anybody else seeing this problem? (Sorry if this is a FAQ...since I don't have one I haven't been following this thread consistently.)
You don't have to rebind with the left rudder activated...it says in the manual to press the rudder to the left when rebinding to get into 'X' config....to set up for '+' config, rebind with the rudder held to the right. I think when it crashes, it gets amnesia.....!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:57 PM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jan 2012
299 Posts
I'm sure this is a big dummy question but is there a commercially available parallel charging harness or board that I can use with a typical charger (Bantam and PL6) to charge say 3 of these little MQX batteries at a time? I saw the factory Eflite 3 single cell batteryl charger but would rather use my charger for simplicity but confused about these 1 cell battery types and different plugs .
Ordered a Hyperion board with 3 Hyperion 1 cell batteries and they won't even work together-Doh.

Thanks.
overmyhead is offline Find More Posts by overmyhead
Last edited by overmyhead; Oct 22, 2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:33 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Thanks guys... I changed out a prop. Helped. I am wondering about one other issue. I have to re-bind every time I turn it on. I have had to do that since the day I bought it. weird and ANNOYING!
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:16 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,134 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys... I changed out a prop. Helped. I am wondering about one other issue. I have to re-bind every time I turn it on. I have had to do that since the day I bought it. weird and ANNOYING!
ok...plug in the flight battery.........push trainer switch towards you, after 2 secs let go of the trainer switch and immediately push the rudder stick to the left and hold it there until the blue light goes steady on....you should be bound in the 'X' config..unplug flight batt and then turn off transmitter. Next turn on transmitter, wait 5 secs, plug in flight battery...should bind..always remember, on - transmitter first then heli/off- heli first then turn off t ransmitter..keep us informed.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:45 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Thanks jake but I've had a dx7 since the day they first came out and I've never had this issue. Every time I unplug the batter I must re-bind. Sometimes I plug and unplug the dang thing 7-8 times before it binds. All of my other helis and planes biNd right away every time...
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:42 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,134 Posts
Quote:
Thanks jake but I've had a dx7 since the day they first came out and I've never had this issue. Every time I unplug the batter I must re-bind. Sometimes I plug and unplug the dang thing 7-8 times before it binds. All of my other helis and planes biNd right away every time...
Are you binding it right side up or upside down? Try leaving it upside down and try...
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:20 AM
United Kingdom, England, Consett
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overmyhead View Post
I'm sure this is a big dummy question but is there a commercially available parallel charging harness or board that I can use with a typical charger (Bantam and PL6) to charge say 3 of these little MQX batteries at a time? I saw the factory Eflite 3 single cell batteryl charger but would rather use my charger for simplicity but confused about these 1 cell battery types and different plugs .
Ordered a Hyperion board with 3 Hyperion 1 cell batteries and they won't even work together-Doh.

Thanks.
You just need something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5X-RC-mode...-/320720697981

I've got one of those that I had hooked up to my Eflite charger, you can also use it with a real charger
ColSonders is offline Find More Posts by ColSonders
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:44 PM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
Quote:
Quote:

If you figure this out, let me know......Ive been having the same problem with my DX7/MQX. Every time I plug in a new battery its like my DX7 and MQX have never "met" before and I have to rebind.

Ive only had my MQX for a couple days now...I have 8 flights on it now and have had to rebind 8 times ie. Hold the bind button in and turn on the TX or else the MQX just sits there and fast flashes.

TY question for you. do you have a heli or plane DX7? In my case I have a heli version. I set up a acro model for the MQX ( the only acro model I have on this TX of 5 aircraft) Maybe my heli TX doesnt like airplanes
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:04 PM
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Oct 2000
916 Posts
Quote:
Just checking.... do you power up the heli or the transmitter first? If you power the heli without the transmitter on, it goes into bind mode and when you subsequently power up the transmitter it will look like you lost your bind. You need to have the transmitter on and actually transmitting BEFORE you power the heli.

Paul
pgoelz is offline Find More Posts by pgoelz