HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:53 AM View Post
pardus
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). It is temporarily hidden while pardus edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:09 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,401 Posts
Post now irrelevant
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Last edited by Grantham Kid; Dec 30, 2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:47 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
[quo
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 27, 2012 at 02:55 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:36 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
About Aspect ratio

As long as th cam does its Job, AR 4:3 1280x960, or 16:9 1280x720 @ 125 feet. the cam does its job for an HD720P resolution video camera?

Iti s the wording that is yet again happy it has no interpolation software enhancement of 2 or 3 megapixals to 5 megapixals.
Yes, that would by about a 200% upsizing. The #16 CMOS array is only 1 MP unfortunately, but the upsizing needed to produce the 1280x960 image is much less... on the order of 125%, so the visual image degradation is also much less.

The 1MP sensor MAY be enough to adequately resolve the detail in the images that its inexpensive lenses can produce, but we'll never know for sure unless the lenses are coupled with a CMOS arrays having finer pixels, or better lenses are coupled with the existing CMOS imager.

There's no doubt, though, that the #16 camera does a terrific job with the hardware it has!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:12 AM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Dieffenbach View Post
This is one great camera. Truely the poor man's GoPro. I took mine out for three FPV flights today at Dave's Beach Carlsbad, Ca. I feed power to my camera from my 3s 1000mah FPV transmitter battery through a 7805 power regulator ($2 Radio Shack). Voltage reads 5.04v and I didn't add the capacitors. I used the GUI to configure the camera and update the FW version to 49. Auto shutoff function was configured off as was the sound. This thread is very helpful and I will recommend this camera to all my fellow FPVers. Will post my video from the third flight when uploaded.
Are you using the 16 as the fpv cam, or just to record?
signguy is offline Find More Posts by signguy
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:22 AM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Does anyone know if using the 180 filp function degrade the video quality?
db0511 is online now Find More Posts by db0511
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by db0511 View Post
Does anyone know if using the 180 filp function degrade the video quality?
Absolutely not

The flip function is done in the processor, so the pixels from the CMOS array are basically just read in reverse order.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Oct 2012
9 Posts
Hi folks,
I need a help,
Have bought #16 camera and want to change fw SETTING, but have some questions.
1)Is there a difference in video quality between Video Data rate 7Mbps and 10Mbps?
2)What does TV Video out do? What is that for?
3)What Motion detect do?
Sorry for newbie questions, but Im not verys trong in new technologies.
punkmans is offline Find More Posts by punkmans
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkmans View Post
Hi folks,
I need a help,
Have bought #16 camera and want to change fw SETTING, but have some questions.
1)Is there a difference in video quality between Video Data rate 7Mbps and 10Mbps?
2)What does TV Video out do? What is that for?
3)What Motion detect do?
Sorry for newbie questions, but Im not verys trong in new technologies.
In summary:

1. Very few people can see a difference between the video quality of 7Mb/s and 10Mb/s. It just uses up much, much more space and isn't worth it.

2. TV-Out enables you to watch what the camera is recording or not on an external monitor or TV. RC users use it for "blind flying" their aircraft (fpv). If TV-Out is enabled, the battery life will be shortened by 10mins. or more. The TV-Out signal is a low-quality NTSC composite video signal.

3. Motion detect starts recording when movement is detected. It will stop when no more movement is detected within a given time.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined Nov 2012
7 Posts
Bit of an odd question regarding the #16 (and possibly previous models of the same case, too) that I, as expected, couldn't find asked before. What's that smell it has? I smell the exact same rubbery-but-not-quite-rubber tang in the air at large conventions. Part of the building materials, I'm guessing. Is it the type of plastic? Or is it a glue?

Thanks.

Steve
SteveCB is offline Find More Posts by SteveCB
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by signguy View Post
Are you using the 16 as the fpv cam, or just to record?
Absolutely using it as video input for FPV while recording. The image is very good in my goggles.
Otto Dieffenbach is online now Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:25 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,848 Posts
Quote:
"blind flying"
Flying may not be the best choice of hobby if your blind.
ridgewalker is online now Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:24 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCB View Post
Bit of an odd question regarding the #16 (and possibly previous models of the same case, too) that I, as expected, couldn't find asked before. What's that smell it has? I smell the exact same rubbery-but-not-quite-rubber tang in the air at large conventions. Part of the building materials, I'm guessing. Is it the type of plastic? Or is it a glue?

Thanks.

Steve
Smell That's a new one! Either you've got a beagle-like sense of smell or you left your camera lying around near your cat!?

Sorry for the facetious reply, but I can't detect any unusual smell during my normal handling and use of these cameras, either when it's off or on and quite warm. And it's not been mentioned in any of the prior 368,666 posts in this 11 month old thread. Sorry, I can't help with this one! Maybe another user with an acute sense of smell can comment.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:54 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Oh it smells But's kind of nice.
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:53 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Dieffenbach View Post
Absolutely using it as video input for FPV while recording. The image is very good in my goggles.
Now I've got to get one. Just started FPVing my quad and love it. Dreamed of doing this 30 years ago, now the tech has caught up, and its cheap!!! Thanks Otto
signguy is offline Find More Posts by signguy