HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2010, 01:22 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post

Respect to my ESC that could take that that burden of 28 amps while it's just 18 and the battery also warmed up but ok I overdone it with the verticals..
Wow. That is great. Put that motor on a SkyS and let us know how it works. This is actually a SkyS thread and I, for one, would love to see a report from you on that application.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2010, 01:26 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairwolf View Post
Hi, AJ, and thanks for starting this thread! I am watching it with interest, being a big fan of the Multiplex Easy Star. After watching your videos, and pm-ing you, I am interested in the SkySurfer. However, I need to be sure that Banana Hobbies will ship my order quickly.

Saralyn, glad to see you on this thread! Can you tell me what your current inventory is (as of April 21) and when an order would ship if placed today?

I'm interested in the SkySurfer ARF with the brushless upgrade (and any other extras that happen to "fall into the box" ).

Thanks, everyone!

Bob
Hey Bob. It is good to see you here, too. As you know, I love my EZ*'s, too. I cannot promise you fast service from BH. Most of the posts now are positive. But, as we both know, it is impossible to please everyone. Since BH is in California, I think their currency is probably $US.
AJ
Old Apr 21, 2010, 01:51 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Wow. That is great. Put that motor on a SkyS and let us know how it works. This is actually a SkyS thread and I, for one, would love to see a report from you on that application.
AJ
skysurfer waas supposed to be my next plane. BUT I also loved the A-10. I really wanted to get the large A-10 but my budget wouldn't allow so I purchased the open box A-10.
That meant that SkyS had to wait... Then I discovered that Brushed Wing Dragon in the warehouse of a friend sitting there doing absolutely nothing. In my mind it was another Pusher plane and a sort of replacement of the SkyS till I got good cash to throw on it.

Unfortunately I need a new clutch disc for My Silvia and it's gonna cost 1000euro because I'm replacing everything.

So I desided to try mods that ppl try on the SkyS on the Wing dragon..
I can honestly tell you that I'm still surprised on how good that cheap plane flies.

Since I got all the hardware I'm gonna buy the brushed ARF Skysurfer that's gonna cost a lot less and gonna move the Tx/Rx.

Then I wanna renovate my suped up F-22 and go a bit further with the F-35TV from LX models. Also wanna mod that too with a Turnigy ESC.. those ESC are great I can tell you that.

So Ive been very active over the past few month with the hobby and from 0 exprerience I can tell you that I can fly almost everything...

I cannot do all the 3D stunds with 3D planes but I'm flying my frinds 1.85m wing span Yak-54 with petrol engine occasionally.

I also flown the Sundowner by hangar 9 and I can tell you that THAT THING IS FAAAASST.

Still I"m an EDF lover and wanna push my planes to the limits and AS I SAID.. next stop ---> THRUST VECTORING
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Apr 21, 2010, 01:52 PM
I think it'll work this time!!
399 feet above Roanoke, VA
Joined Jan 2007
3,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Hey Bob. It is good to see you here, too. As you know, I love my EZ*'s, too. I cannot promise you fast service from BH. Most of the posts now are positive. But, as we both know, it is impossible to please everyone. Since BH is in California, I think their currency is probably $US.
AJ
Thanks, AJ! I was asking about their "current inventory," not their currency! Although, if they take Zimbabwean dollars, I'll pay cash!!!

Bob
Chairwolf is offline Find More Posts by Chairwolf
Old Apr 21, 2010, 02:16 PM
Portland, OR
Joined Nov 2009
526 Posts
Good Banana Hobby Service

Well, after seeing AJs post on the EZ* thread, and the review, I broke down last week and ordered two ARFs late on Friday night. They were shipped on Monday and will arrive at my doorstep today.

On Saturday, I got a bug in my shorts and ordered 3 wing sets (for my EZ and spares) and they showed up in Stock. I received emails from BH this morning that they were out of stock, followed by another email crediting my credit card.

So far, good service.

Don
donsinger1 is offline Find More Posts by donsinger1
Old Apr 21, 2010, 02:43 PM
Blade Butcher
Boones Mill, VA
Joined Nov 2002
543 Posts
Chairwolf, check your PM's.
smitty240 is offline Find More Posts by smitty240
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:17 PM
flyvertigo
Orlando FL
Joined Aug 2009
452 Posts
SkyS Twin

Considering turning either the SkyS or the WH into a twin motor plane.
I have a pair of each of these motors.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=2069

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7520

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=2112

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8621

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8618

Your opinions please.

Jim
flyvertigo is offline Find More Posts by flyvertigo
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:31 PM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,071 Posts
I got a reply from BH about the cost of post to the UK, approx $65. So with the cost of a SS that would make it $110... For me I am out. As I can get an EZ* for half that price here in the UK.
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:46 PM
flyvertigo
Orlando FL
Joined Aug 2009
452 Posts
SkyS out of stock

Well, I got the dreaded email. 12:44 PM ET

Dear Valued Customer,

*THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL.*

Thank you for purchasing with Banana Hobby. We appreciate your business with us and greatly value you as a customer. However, we are writing to inform you that we are unable to fulfill the order due to the item(s) you have order being currently out of stock. The order has been canceled and your funds have been voided and not withdrawn. If we have charged you in advance, a refund is currently being issued and your funds to be returned. Please allow your bank a minimum of 3 business days to process this transaction.

3CH + 4CH BlitzRCWorks Sky Surfer Aerobatic Radio Remote Control Electric RC Airplane Glider ARF http://www.bananahobby.com/2029.html

Estimate Ship Date: Late May, 2010

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. If you would still like to place an order with us for another item that is available, please do so on our webpage. For further assistance, please contact us on our Live Support systems on our homepage to chat online with a live representative.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Banana Hobby
flyvertigo is offline Find More Posts by flyvertigo
Last edited by flyvertigo; Apr 21, 2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 08:22 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairwolf View Post
Thanks, AJ! I was asking about their "current inventory," not their currency! Although, if they take Zimbabwean dollars, I'll pay cash!!!

Bob
Sometimes, I get way too far ahead of myself and read "currency" instead of "current". Sorry, forgive my obvious blunder (DUH).
AJ
Old Apr 21, 2010, 08:36 PM
I think it'll work this time!!
399 feet above Roanoke, VA
Joined Jan 2007
3,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvertigo View Post
Well, I got the dreaded email. 12:44 PM ET

Dear Valued Customer,

*THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL.*

Thank you for purchasing with Banana Hobby. We appreciate your business with us and greatly value you as a customer. However, we are writing to inform you that we are unable to fulfill the order due to the item(s) you have order being currently out of stock. The order has been canceled and your funds have been voided and not withdrawn. If we have charged you in advance, a refund is currently being issued and your funds to be returned. Please allow your bank a minimum of 3 business days to process this transaction.

3CH + 4CH BlitzRCWorks Sky Surfer Aerobatic Radio Remote Control Electric RC Airplane Glider ARF http://www.bananahobby.com/2029.html

Estimate Ship Date: Late May, 2010

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. If you would still like to place an order with us for another item that is available, please do so on our webpage. For further assistance, please contact us on our Live Support systems on our homepage to chat online with a live representative.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Banana Hobby
Looks like I have my answer. Smitty, pm replied.
Chairwolf is offline Find More Posts by Chairwolf
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:19 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARG5 View Post
Hello AJBAKER
SARG5 from Kansas here.
1. Have an EZ for a trainer and a Magister for my 2nd trainer.
2. How much was the cost after shipping and all?
3. Also what kind of foam is the Sky S made out of?
1. I love my EZ*'s as much as I do my SkyS. I just have a lot more time with an EZ*. The SkyS is a nearly exact plane except with ailerons and less expensive. IMO, it is impossible to tell the difference in a 3 ch configuration.

2. For me, I ordered and ARF + a brushless upgrade. The "on my doorstep" cost was 74.26.

3. EPP - "EPP foam doesn't dent or break. It has a 'spongy' quality to it, so on impact it compresses and pops back to shape" - Quote from NoFlyZone (Chuck) descriptions of foam.
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Apr 21, 2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:25 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Alert

As noted earlier, it looks like BH is out of stock on the ARF until late May. I am going to PM Saralyn and ask her to reflect that on the BH site. I kind of guessed they would run out of them quickly because of the instant popularity of the plane. I fully understand their position. Given their reputation (former), and the economy, it would be very hard to guess how many planes to get on the initial order. The plane could just as easily have been a dog. Imagine having ordered 200+ planes that would never sell. Unfortunately, for us, we have to wait. My bet is that they wish they had 300+ in stock right now.
AJ
Old Apr 22, 2010, 02:34 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
SkyS or WH mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvertigo View Post
Considering turning either the SkyS or the WH into a twin motor plane.
I have a pair of each of these motors.

Your opinions please.

Jim

Posted suggestions on WH thread.
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Apr 22, 2010 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Add Pics
Old Apr 22, 2010, 02:50 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,071 Posts
AJ. In a few posts back you say that the SS is 'EPP' But earlier you said Elpour as the EZ*. As you have an EPP 'Superfly' you would know the difference.
Please confirm.
As I said earlier. "I am out" it would cost too much from BH. There are other ways maybe to get one or three?
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa