HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2013, 11:38 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,830 Posts
Discussion
P70 wont hit full RPM

A scroll through the GSU after a short run, see anything wrong? I took out and cleaned ALL the filters, I just don't know whats up with this thing...

Jetcat p70 low rpm run (0 min 45 sec)
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2013, 12:18 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,151 Posts
Your pump could be worn and not giving full flow or pressure

Edit- after doing some research, it seems your pump voltage is lower than most are seeing... Ie 1.95v @123,000rpm
invertmast is offline Find More Posts by invertmast
Old Jul 29, 2013, 09:48 AM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,830 Posts
Hmm, so I need a new fuel pump you think?
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:36 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,151 Posts
Probly not. Lower pump voltage means your pump isnt needing to work as hard to get the desired rpm, so your pump is probably doing about 1.95v if the turbine was hitting full rpm.

The ecu max rpm hasnt been detuned has it?

Without seeing the full run history of the turbine or a vid of it running, it seems your temps are pretty good, so i doubt the combustion chamber or fuel manifold is a problem.

The only other thing i could think would be an enlarged turbine to ngv clearance, other than that, i have no idea.
invertmast is offline Find More Posts by invertmast
Old Jul 29, 2013, 10:46 AM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,830 Posts
I got it new, has 7hrs on it, when at full throttle you can hear and feel it pulsing a little. Its ran perfect up until a month or so ago, so Im stumped.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 01:28 PM
Joined May 2004
157 Posts
Likely the PID loop needs to be reset. With the engine running, hold down the Manual button while using the Rt Arrow to command the rpm to max. If the engine gets to 123k you should see a "Saving Parameters" message flash by after a few seconds. Should be ok after that.
Thud_Driver is offline Find More Posts by Thud_Driver
Old Jul 29, 2013, 01:35 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,830 Posts
Oh ok, I will give that a shot when I can. Thank you!
Old Jul 29, 2013, 04:02 PM
United Kingdom, England, Wolverhampton
Joined Jul 2012
29 Posts
Having built my own turbines you have 4 possible faults, Pulsing can be a faulty fuel pump, Blocked fuel injectors, Fadec or rpm scensor is knacked.
stevejet66 is offline Find More Posts by stevejet66
Old Jul 29, 2013, 04:10 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,830 Posts
I checked all the filters and they were perfectly clean. So Im hoping nothing is plugged.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 09:20 PM
THAT'S WHY
Eastern Ohio
Joined Aug 2004
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thud_Driver View Post
Likely the PID loop needs to be reset. With the engine running, hold down the Manual button while using the Rt Arrow to command the rpm to max. If the engine gets to 123k you should see a "Saving Parameters" message flash by after a few seconds. Should be ok after that.
+1 Try this first.
causeitflys is offline Find More Posts by causeitflys
Old Jul 30, 2013, 12:58 AM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Remove your front cover to check if your fuel line isn't semi blocked in sharp bend. I had the same problem due to this. There is very confined area under the cover, mine was blocked almost 90%! It happened to me with 3 engines, twice with fuel line and ones with gas on one occasion it upset my TCU to the point I had to send it back to the factory to recalibrate it, Joe.
jofro is offline Find More Posts by jofro
Old Jul 30, 2013, 09:41 AM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,830 Posts
I pulled the cover and checked everything, made sure the hypodermic needle was clean too. Ill give the above things a try this weekend hopefully.