HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:46 AM
checkout my Blog
Joined Feb 2008
466 Posts
Could you light the silly string stream on fire as you sprayed the nest?
otlski is offline Find More Posts by otlski
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:58 AM
LOWERRR!
United States, TX, Roanoke
Joined Sep 2006
1,486 Posts
Tagged.

Oh man... I'm going to get into trouble.
MadMonkey572 is offline Find More Posts by MadMonkey572
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:21 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
I highly recommend you guys check out the "crashes and fun" series by RCGUTT on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC60A40F3DD4D0F2D

HOW TO FLY A SEXDOLL (9 min 16 sec)
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:48 AM
on the edge
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
You can use some of the smaller commercial pyrotechnics cartridges such as confetti, glitter, colored smoke, mini-gerbs, etc. They use a low voltage current(12v) to set them off. The confetti and glitter cartridges would slightly change the altitude momentarily when set off. I would avoid the flame cartridges.

LeMaitre is based in Canada but has dealers in the US and UK.

If using any pyrotechnics, always read the Safety Data Sheet first. It lists the clearances for the effect so you don't set anything or anyone on fire.
franke is offline Find More Posts by franke
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:33 AM
Joined Apr 2012
413 Posts
How about the transporter from Star Trek

OR the bridge!

CraigVMN is offline Find More Posts by CraigVMN
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:17 PM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Oct 2012
63 Posts
I really like this hamster wheel thingy to protect the quad and make it more versatile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...tkpYIbuCw&NR=1
mjf185 is offline Find More Posts by mjf185
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:21 PM
Shipped to work. Wife safe.
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf185 View Post
I really like this hamster wheel thingy to protect the quad and make it more versatile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...tkpYIbuCw&NR=1
That is cool. I want something like that for my 5 year old to learn on. We got him the caged AirHogs heli and he's a pro with that now. lol.
Thai is offline Find More Posts by Thai
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:42 PM
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
I started out with an AR Drone and I think that would be a great step up for your 5 yr old, with adult supervision of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
That is cool. I want something like that for my 5 year old to learn on. We got him the caged AirHogs heli and he's a pro with that now. lol.
dartmouth01 is offline Find More Posts by dartmouth01
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:46 PM
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
Look at the latest Spiderman toys from Hasbro, I think there may be a lightweight silly string shooter in the lineup now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esevilaa View Post
That made me laugh!!!

That does it, im painting my quad black, setting army men on the top, occasional gunshot coming from the speaker. Then when everybody is wondering what the is this coming round the corner, I can spray silly string at them!

Seriously though the silly string is the best idea yet. How can we make a cheap light mechanism for this?

Silly string quad fights, sounds amazing!
dartmouth01 is offline Find More Posts by dartmouth01
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:57 PM
Manual will not flyaway :D
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
2,831 Posts
Just found this

Servo Controlled Silly String Launcher (0 min 17 sec)
ecks is online now Find More Posts by ecks
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:13 PM
Joined Sep 2010
286 Posts
Found a stuffed monkey on a parachute that makes monkey sounds when dropped. Rigged that up on a servo under my tricopter. My 3 year old son had so much fun running out in the field to retrieve the monkey!
bladeaudio is offline Find More Posts by bladeaudio
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:43 AM
Mosquito 6
Joined Jun 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esevilaa View Post
Making the quad look different or bigger is fun as well. Pool noodles or the halloween costumes people have made.

But the spray can would be good, wether it be silly string or hornet spray. Or one of those aerosol loud horns.

The lighter and aerosol trick would be good for burning down wasp nests! A flyable flamethrower.

But id love to see a silly string vid!
And wasp nests are generally found attached under what? Ohh .. the eaves of your home you say Flame thrower .. very bad idea. Last year some guy down in Ukiah was killing spiders in his crawlspace (California basement) with a blowtorch .. burned his house down .. spider problem solved

Now shooting silly string could be fun .. except for the clean-up .. the freakin' wasps would probably use it for building material though .. lol. Where I live, it's the underground nests that are so dang hazardous .. cause they're found accidentally

Probably use Jeff Dunham's Walter or Achmed to pilot the sedecopter .. they both got attitudes

Cheers
TayNinh68 is offline Find More Posts by TayNinh68
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:36 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,120 Posts
How NOT to get an RC plane out of a tree (9 min 30 sec)

How about a harpoon you can mount from your FPV Quad so you can aim and shoot a grapple rather than spend an entire day poking a stuck plane.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:32 PM
Joined Apr 2012
413 Posts
A co-worker and I came up with this idea, but I think it could only be done safely with an AR Parrot Drone. Since the quad has a camera that can be seen with a phone/tablet, it should be easy to do.

Rig it up with a red & blue flashing light, and the guts from a small walkie-talkie. Have it sitting on the roof of a store (like Wal-Mart) and wait for someone coming out. At random, fly the quad down in front of someone with the lights flashing (and a siren sound effect) and then via the walkie start saying (in a computer voice) “Security alert – please return to the store”. I would LOVE to see some of the looks we would get!
CraigVMN is offline Find More Posts by CraigVMN
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:56 PM
kad
Quad Crasher
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined May 2012
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigVMN View Post
I would LOVE to see some of the looks we would get!
Considering that all of the Walmart stores around here have police officers stationed inside (real ones, not rent-a-cops), I'd love to see the looks on your faces as you were arrested. Seriously guys... S#!t like this is what's going to get multiroters banned or regulated into oblivion. Fun stuff on the field is one thing, messing with bystanders is not a good idea.

-K
kad is offline Find More Posts by kad