HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Jun 2010
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCrump View Post
I used the supplied hinges, on my Sig Spacewalker. They are the traditional pinned hinge, similar to what Dubro markets.

The ailerons are similar in design to yours.
Thanks for the input, it looks like you installed the pinned hinges near the top of the leading edge of the aileron (at the thickest part). I will go this route that way I will have a smooth surface where the wing meets the aileron, and I wont have to do any more beveling. And I plan to use an iron on fabric covering so I will probably put a strip over this connection to keep it even smoother.
gjap is offline Find More Posts by gjap
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:28 AM
Joined Jun 2010
90 Posts
Hello again! Sorry for the lack of updates, its been a long process and I have been busy with school and work too. I've taken some pictures but it hasn't been a priority to post them, so I'll dump some of them here. I am getting very close to finished with the build but may not be maidening till spring (weather, time etc). I still have some painting left and clear coating the fuselage and some other misc. pieces, as well as deciding on a fuel tank, and putting all the finishing details together. The two piece wing has worked out great and I am working on aluminum struts now. I have been working on a scale interior and will post pics of that when I have a chance. Enjoy the pictures and feel free to offer any tips or advice for whats left. Thanks.

-Greg
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:34 PM
United States, KY, Taylorsville
Joined Mar 2010
1,553 Posts
Your Cub looks GREAT!
ARUP is offline Find More Posts by ARUP
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:17 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
That looks amazing! I'm picking mine up on March break! it looks like yoursnwill be really zippy with that. 48 in there, cause it's designed for a. 25-.40 right?
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:42 AM
Joined Jun 2010
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARUP View Post
Your Cub looks GREAT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Kamutzki View Post
That looks amazing! I'm picking mine up on March break! it looks like yoursnwill be really zippy with that. 48 in there, cause it's designed for a. 25-.40 right?

Thank you! So far it has been worth the effort. The sig kit its designed for a .25-.40 two stroke. The .48 is a four stroke so I figure it is about right. I am hoping the .48 is enough to allow some sportish flying but still remain relatively scale...

On another note the cabin interior is pretty much done as well as painting all the extra pieces and parts. I am now in the process of putting everything together and will have some pics up soon. Still left to do:

glue in windows and windshield
finish top half of opening door
install gas tank and lines
figure out exhaust line system
troubleshoot tailwheel (stubborn turning)
Make bungees for landing gear suspension
Find a pilot figure
Check everything over
And finally MAIDEN IT....

-Greg