Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:45 AM
raging and racing.
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
Discussion
best SCT for all around. (racing/bashing)

im just wondering what is the best SCT for all around. i have a traxxas slash 2WD but people say its not a good truck for racing, and im taking this truck to the saint judes event in the action hobby speedway on sept/22/12, and im wondering if ether i get New truck or upgrade this truck,

if you have any ideas just leave a reply

thanks.
rageracer218 is offline Find More Posts by rageracer218
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:05 PM
rc nut in az
goodyear Arizona
Joined Mar 2009
382 Posts
The slash is heavy and not very tunable in my opinion,handles a track like a tank,the sc10 and the losi and even the blitz feel like they are half the weight when you run them around a track,the slash will nose dive out of jumps and the others will try to land flat!The stock slash tires are for a scale look and not very sticky on a good track!
Tamiya tony is offline Find More Posts by Tamiya tony
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:49 PM
raging and racing.
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
ok, the slash tires are better on tarmac then on dirt XD, i find that funny for a SCT. so what is the best truck for all around?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
I have an sc10 4x4. Works great on track and bashing. Only went through a servo. Haven't broken anything else. And I jump the piss out of it...
DezertRangerN8 is offline Find More Posts by DezertRangerN8
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:07 PM
raging and racing.
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
i took a look at the sc10 4X4, just for the kit is at least $300, is the truck really that good?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Jun 2012
18 Posts
Go wit the losi xxx sct roller, it's a great car, durable, but more of a race truck than a basher.
rainbooze is offline Find More Posts by rainbooze
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:00 PM
why am i here???????
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
ive been racing a slash that has only brushless lipo and a 2.4 ghz radio on it. does have a bit of a nose dive from jumps but a blip of throttle prevents that from happening. for the price to build a complete race truck is more expensive then modding a slash to race. i plan on doing the lcg chassis which will help immensly. i raced abuddy's slash that only has a lcg chassis at a track where i went yesterday. running the same power system and that thing stuck to the track much better.

you can go with the strc lcg chassis conversion but you need to buy some traxxas rustler parts to finish the conversion. with that will help it immensly to race competitivly with other sct. then go with some moreproline parts to help it from there.
traxxas13 is offline Find More Posts by traxxas13
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:37 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbooze View Post
Go wit the losi xxx sct roller, it's a great car, durable, but more of a race truck than a basher.
There's no better value out there than this if you want a roller!

You could transplant all the electronics from the slash into the XXX SCT roller and have a WAY better truck. Another option is the SC10 RS (2wd), it's like $250 RTR and also way better than the Slash on a track.

If you just want to have fun, get some better tires for the slash and enjoy it.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:33 PM
raging and racing.
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
ok, so i might as well sell my slash to get ether the losi or the team associated, my slash alaredy has the battery connecter replaced with a deans connecter, and the battery i use is a duratrax DTX 5000mah NIMH battery, so i got a little boost, cause i bought my slash used and i do not know how the truck runs box stock, so whats the difference?
Last edited by rageracer218; Aug 27, 2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: sounds like im trying to sell my truck,
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:15 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,818 Posts
You won't notice much difference in speed with the higher capacity NiMH pack and different connector. If you were to replace the pack with a LiPo you would see more power though.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:52 PM
raging and racing.
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
alright people ive decided ether it could be a losi xxx-sct, or ateam associated sc10/ whitch one is better?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:30 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,818 Posts
Better in which way? If you get the XXX-SCT RTR vs the SC10 RS RTR the SC10 has a way better motor/esc. The XXX-SCT RTR comes with a brushed motor/ESC, so you'll need to replace it, and by that point you're well above the cost of the SC10.

One concern is that the XXX-SCT has been replaced by the 22 SCT, so parts support will eventually be cut off too. The 22 SCT is a MUCH better truck out of the box, but you'll pay for it (~$350 for the rolling chassis kit).
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:44 AM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageracer218 View Post
alright people ive decided ether it could be a losi xxx-sct, or ateam associated sc10/ whitch one is better?
The sc10 2wd is fun, but the 4x4 is ultimate in bashing/loose dirt. I have both.
My 2wd is about all aftermarket now since it was my first car. And it is faster than my 4x4. It also Depends on your wallet, being the 4x4 is around 400 new rtr. If you can, spring for the 4x4. You won't be sorry.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:25 AM
raging and racing.
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
so i should get the Team Associated SC10 rtr combo?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
You'd be ahead in money... Think think they come with reedy setups...
My sc10 4x4 came with a reedy setup and I'm happy with it.