HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2012, 02:12 AM
Joined May 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
RC Concorde EDF Scratch Build

All,

I am currently scratch building an EDF Concorde (see www.rcconcorde.com) and I cannot find any sufficient info on the center of gravity position on the aircarft.

I am fully aware of the transfer/moving of fuel they had to do in the real thing, however I still need to pin point an accurate position.

The only info I have is this link:

http://www.concorde-jet.com/e_transfert_carburant.htm

Unfortunately the above link does not give any measurement to go on, If i have this then I can work it out from the scale I am using for this build.

Anyone who has built their own model before, i would be keen to know what their experience was with this and how the test flights were effected?

Thanks in advance
gagwithgaffer is offline Find More Posts by gagwithgaffer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2012, 04:04 AM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagwithgaffer View Post
All,

I am currently scratch building an EDF Concorde (see www.rcconcorde.com) and I cannot find any sufficient info on the center of gravity position on the aircarft.

I am fully aware of the transfer/moving of fuel they had to do in the real thing, however I still need to pin point an accurate position.

The only info I have is this link:

http://www.concorde-jet.com/e_transfert_carburant.htm

Unfortunately the above link does not give any measurement to go on, If i have this then I can work it out from the scale I am using for this build.

Anyone who has built their own model before, i would be keen to know what their experience was with this and how the test flights were effected?

Thanks in advance
Thats a good question, sorry I can't help you but I suggest cut out smaller cardboard shape of Concorde in the scale manner and keep on ading nose ballast till it glides nose down. In my earlier days I built dozens of them using foamcore either prop pushers or later 64mm EDF powered. I used to call them "Kockcords" All brilliant fliers just make sure they are nose not tail heavy, Joe.
jofro is offline Find More Posts by jofro
Old May 11, 2012, 06:57 AM
James L
Beck Row Mildenhall
Joined Mar 2009
794 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...297997&page=26
TANGOSIERRAROM is offline Find More Posts by TANGOSIERRAROM
Old May 11, 2012, 07:05 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,417 Posts
Quote:
All brilliant fliers just make sure they are nose not tail heavy, Joe.
rib rib, wink
ApexAero is online now Find More Posts by ApexAero
Old May 11, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
rib rib, wink
Sorry, you miss understood my above reply. I put in in wrong words, my grammar! not trying to be a smart ass. I ment, "All brilliant flyers" those "kockcord" models I have build, but despite all this "rib rib, wink" which I haven't got a clue what means I do consider myself to be a brilliant flyer and I challenge you anytime any place with anything that fly, Joe.
jofro is offline Find More Posts by jofro
Old May 13, 2012, 04:57 PM
London UK
Joined Oct 2008
118 Posts
This guy looks like he knows exactly where it is, why not email him I'm sure he'll be only too pleased to tell you

http://www.bssb.co.uk/tony/concorde/
markd02 is offline Find More Posts by markd02