Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:48 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Jan 2011
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd View Post
I had the negative power lead (2mm bullet connector) disconnect on a loop with my first RB. Using DEANs super connectors on my second RB.
I haven't flown yet but have noticed how loose the bullet connectors are and have already taped them together- if using deans connectors for the positive and negative leads to connect to the ESC- how will you connect the center motor lead to the ESC securely (there are of course are three leads to connect the motor and ESC together )- are you just leaving that connected via a bullet connector? Happy flying!
TheSelf is offline Find More Posts by TheSelf
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:16 PM
cmd
Niceville, FL
Joined Oct 2004
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSelf View Post
I haven't flown yet but have noticed how loose the bullet connectors are and have already taped them together- if using deans connectors for the positive and negative leads to connect to the ESC- how will you connect the center motor lead to the ESC securely (there are of course are three leads to connect the motor and ESC together )- are you just leaving that connected via a bullet connector? Happy flying!
I leave the 2mm motor-ESC connectors alone. If they come out you loose the motor but still have servo control to glide in. I use the Deans on the batter-ESC connection
cmd is offline Find More Posts by cmd
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:19 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Well i only have the Rarebear now. My friend liked my Seafury so much he traded even up for a new PZ P-51. Not a bad deal.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:49 AM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens View Post
Well i only have the Rarebear now. My friend liked my Seafury so much he traded even up for a new PZ P-51. Not a bad deal.
SWEET deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just put 4 more flights on my T-28 Sunday, for only a total of 7 so far. I'm hooked!! This thing flys beautifully, launching and landing are cake. I'm running an E-Flite 30amp ESC and either a 1500 25C or one of three 1800 25C, as that is what I have for now that fits. Can hardly tell a difference between them, good flight times, plenty of speed. Ready to go FASTER now!!!!

I hope they don't discontinue these things anytime soon, they are a BLAST!!!!

Best comparison I can make is right now it feels exactly like my Parkzone P-47 & Stryker Q, but smaller and a good bit more stable. I think probably may favorite thing about it's handling (and I know this might sound stupid, but hey, it's me!), is the loops! So solid and smooth, and VERY scale like. I did change out the control rods and clevis' for the ailerons, the stock ones just looked to "risky" to keep on. Maybe I'll give it a McDonald's paint scheme, because...... "I'm lovin it!"

O.K., that was lame. Sorry.
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:57 AM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
Wow, I just took a look at my Bf-109 and the spar is obvious. What an idiot. There are two cutouts to see or poke it just in front of the aileron servo wiring.
Afraidtoregister is offline Find More Posts by Afraidtoregister
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:32 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Yep Moonbeam. I couldn't really pass up on that deal.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:32 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Ok Well been having some bad flights of Late But what a robust Plane the Bear is...that and Beacone Glue..awesome stuff thanks Gary!
I Orderd a Velocity From Thunder tiger and it comes with a 2700KV Outrunner..I was going to go with a Mega 3 turn but this went in easier and it is a Monster of a little motor...Using 3 and 4 Cell 1000MAH and 1300Mah repectivley the (60C and Above Lipos) I have the Mega 3 turn on the Velocity Just waiting for the Projeti Nose and Turttel deck to get here
Photos and Vid to come

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:57 PM
GLM
AMA 209854
Check Six!
Joined Oct 2003
1,468 Posts
You're Welcome Mal

I love the stuff.

http://www.rcfoam.com/product_info.p...13f07b7bec3625
GLM is offline Find More Posts by GLM
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:01 PM
United States, TX, Van Zandt
Joined Jun 2004
8 Posts
Demise of the T6

Lawn darted the T6. Thought you all might enjoy the picture. Flying along and lost all control. Fluttered down and stuck tail up in the mud. Controls were working when I got to the plane. I was using a HK CT6 transmitter and RX. I think I can fix it, but it is a good excuse to order an F4U.....
tim_s is offline Find More Posts by tim_s
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:32 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Ouch ,that sucks.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:02 PM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
I say fix it AND get the F4U.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:07 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Feb 2010
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM View Post
You're Welcome Mal

I love the stuff.

That glue does look good, but can't get it shipped to me in New Zealand!!!
I'll have to use UHU POR still.
crampy is offline Find More Posts by crampy
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:28 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
I had a similar thing happen on my F4F this weekend. Just doing a flyby and all of a sudden it went straight down into the dirt. They were calling it a tulip it hit so hard. No real damage other than broken prop but it was strange that I lost control only about 20 feet away from myself. I was flying much farther than that right before it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_s View Post
Lawn darted the T6. Thought you all might enjoy the picture. Flying along and lost all control. Fluttered down and stuck tail up in the mud. Controls were working when I got to the plane. I was using a HK CT6 transmitter and RX. I think I can fix it, but it is a good excuse to order an F4U.....
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:39 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
GLM how is this different than some regular CA like gorilla glue? I would like to try it but $8 for shipping on a $4 bottle is a bit excessive for me. Unless I need something else from there i don't see getting it unless you have some great reason to grab this over typical CA I could get local and cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM View Post
You're Welcome Mal

I love the stuff.

Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:36 PM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
It isn't CA. It is a glue meant for use on EPO foam that sets flexible, therefore stronger and holds up better than CA. It can also be used to make hinges. It's a glue that tries to act more like foam than CA which tries to act like glass. Stuff is faaaaaantastic for use with foam.