HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 04, 2010, 02:04 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Please post your OSD Pro wiring diagrams here!

Please post your OSD Pro wiring diagrams here. All forms of setup (from most basic to most advanced) are appreciated.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2010, 04:27 PM
Lijnden, the Netherlands
Joined Oct 2007
38 Posts
My wiring diagram

Here is my wiring diagram.

Regards,
Jarco
jarconman is offline Find More Posts by jarconman
Old Aug 10, 2010, 04:34 PM
Joined Jun 2010
106 Posts
My wiring diagram

Here is my wiring diagram...

rcspotlight is offline Find More Posts by rcspotlight
Old Aug 14, 2010, 07:59 PM
Joined Aug 2010
5 Posts
hi,
My model is using 2 servo for elivator (Ch2 & CH6). How we can connect it to osd system ??

thanks for reply
makkemik is offline Find More Posts by makkemik
Old Aug 15, 2010, 05:30 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,041 Posts
Hi makkemik, is that Elevons or can you use a Y lead?

The OSD has a setting for Elevon control and I think it would be written in the manual.

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Supp...als/OSDPro.pdf

cheers Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Aug 15, 2010, 07:42 AM
Joined Aug 2010
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2 View Post
Hi makkemik, is that Elevons or can you use a Y lead?

The OSD has a setting for Elevon control and I think it would be written in the manual.

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Supp...als/OSDPro.pdf

cheers Geoff
Hi Garris.

I'm asking for Elevon. There is only one channel on OSD pro. Manuel recoment that if there is a elevon control, we can connect a rudder instead of elevon/elivator ?

do you have any solition ?
thnks.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 07:53 AM
Joined Aug 2010
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcspotlight View Post
Here is my wiring diagram...

IF we have on the model as channels; rudder ch1, elivator ch2, elevon ch4 &ch6, throt ch3, pan servo ch7, tilt rervo ch8, osd pro aux1 ch9, osd pro aux2 ch5, how we have to make wire connection ?

I can not find fully wired system in the net ?

thanks for everyone who will support us.

regards,
Old Aug 16, 2010, 07:42 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkemik View Post
Hi Garris.

I'm asking for Elevon. There is only one channel on OSD pro.

do you have any solition ?
thnks.
Hi makkemik, there is 3 channels on the OSD Pro, Elevator, Rudder/Aileron and Throttle.

Elevon, is that for Funjet type of aeroplane?
If so you can use the Elevator and Rudder channels and select "elevon" control.

From the manual.....

Safety Mode Menu
NOTE: carefully read the Safety Mode Overview section before changing these settings!

Choose Model Control Type: Selects the type of control surfaces you use on your model. For “traditional” fixed wing models, which use ailerons/rudder and elevator, choose “Standard.” For models that use elevon or vtail mixing, such as “flying wings” choose “Elevon.”

cheers Geoff
Old Aug 16, 2010, 09:52 AM
Joined Aug 2010
5 Posts
Geoff;

Sorry but I didn't understand well. System have 3 channels sa you say. But I have rudder ch1, elivator ch2, elevon ch4 &ch6, throt ch3, pan servo ch7, tilt rervo ch8, osd pro aux1 ch9, osd pro aux2 ch5

I connected rudder and elivator but I don't understand how I have to connect elerons (ch4 and ch6) ?
:0
thank you for your patiant to me
regards
Old Aug 17, 2010, 08:38 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,041 Posts
Hi makkemik, you can only connect 3 channels to the OSD Pro + 2 channels for OSD control (aux1 and aux2). You can't connect 7 channels + 2 control.

So if we consider only flight surface channels, and not throttle, that leaves 2 channels you can connect to the OSD Pro.
I would recommend Elevator and Rudder (+ throttle).

What sort of aeroplane do you have that will use Elevator, Rudder and Elevon?

Geoff
Old Aug 17, 2010, 12:53 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
This isn't exactly a wiring diagram, but a how to, on wiring your fpv set up to more easily incorporate the eagle tree system...

This is based on the inexpensive FPV system from HobbyKing, but it should be pretty universal.

you have a camera.

from the camera runs a wire with a plug, that meets the transmitter, that has a plug and power lead.

cut the connection plugs off both the tx wiring, and the camera.

take one of these...

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...0cm_(10pcs/bag)

cut it in half, solder one half to the tx wiring

Now, for the camera. You have three wires. I soldered on the female end of a servo extension. (that's the same plug as would be on the servo itself, in fact, you could use a dead servo's lead, but you'll need a make end for this anyway.)

Next you need to make a "jumper." I took the other half of the charge lead, and I soldered it up to match the leads from the servo, in addition to that, I soldered in a JST battery connection. Ignore the blue lead, it is the audio feed. Unless you plan to hook up a mic. Then you can take another servo extension, and wire it in, matching the white on it, to the blue, then adding the red to red, black to black.

Done

So, now I have my Tx, with the male end of the charge lead.

A jumper with a male half of a servo extension, a male JST (you can use any plug you want, to match what your battery has.) lead, and the female end (yeah, I could have done it the other way around, and have it all male ends on here, sue me...) of the charge lead.

Last, I have my camera with the female servo plug.

This is important, because you need to plug the camera into the OSD device, then you need to route out from there, to the vTx.

It's that simple.
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Jan 15, 2011, 09:17 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Here's a diagram of my setup.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4904
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:20 AM
United Kingdom, England, Leicester
Joined Feb 2009
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarconman View Post
Here is my wiring diagram.

Regards,
Jarco
Wow! what plane are you putting all that into?
I have all the same equipment but can't find room for it all in my Easyglider Pro Having to run without any autopilot or RTH functionality.
tesco is offline Find More Posts by tesco
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:57 PM
Chinchilla, AUS
Joined Apr 2007
64 Posts
ET OSD Pro with FMA Co-Pilot

I have built my own FPV plane, 1.8m wingspan. Its got heaps of up front cargo space so have fitted the eLogger V4, OSD Pro, 5.8Ghz Video gear, TM1000, the Baro Altimeter, GPS, and the Guardian for stablisation.

I have now flown this in full FPV mode beyond visual range with a 5.8Ghz Video TX and RTH has worked nicely.

Below is my working wiring diagram, the main interest is the Aileron & Elevator going to the OSD, and the Rudder going direct to the servo from the RX. I was using the v3 Logger that needed the addition feed of 5V, unlike the V4.

I have the Baro Altimeter, daisy chained off the Guardian, as the GPS altitude is not reliable for me. It often stays on zero for the first half minute in flight, despite having > 7 sats locked up. The baro gives a much more responsive reading.

cheers
Trev

Trev63 is offline Find More Posts by Trev63
Last edited by Trev63; Nov 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: updated to current state
Old Apr 02, 2011, 05:17 PM
First to go over 106K feet
USA, IA, North Liberty
Joined Mar 2008
2,479 Posts
JR XP9303 and Dragon Link

Here is my set up with a JR XP9303 and a Dragon Link:
Crist Rigotti is online now Find More Posts by Crist Rigotti