HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2009, 05:36 PM
*Read*Rise*Return*Repeat
USA, TX, Austin
Joined Nov 2009
311 Posts
Question
Airtronics SD-10G tx good for DLGs ?

What can you share about the Airtronics SD-10G 2.4GHz transmitter?
Is it a good choice for DLGs?

Thanks,
Noel
Noel Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Noel Robbins
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:33 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,908 Posts
Noel, it is a fantastic choice. and for 49bucks you get the bullet proof 10 channel receiver too. Just take the case off and stuff it in, and off you go. All switches are 3 position, and the upper left switch is momentary, so works perfect for launch preset. If you prefer your momentary switch in the back, then Airtronics will do that for you super quick. Tranny is light, and programming is robust and simple.

Check one out when you can.

Mike
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:50 PM
Practice Makes Precision
United States, MO, Knob Noster
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
With a lipo they're super light too!

I love mine.

I had an RDS8000 (still do) last year when I flew some DLG and it worked great. Looking to get back into DLG as a matter of fact.
TDisaster is offline Find More Posts by TDisaster
Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:39 PM
Wichita Falls, TX
Joined Jan 2006
73 Posts
Be careful of what servos you use with the 10 channel receiver, it is to fast for most of the analog Hitecs. The 7 or 8 channel receivers don't have the same issue. Other than that it is in my opinion the top dog radio.
Rwilkinson is offline Find More Posts by Rwilkinson
Old Nov 17, 2009, 08:31 PM
The ground's the limit.
Boulder, CO Area
Joined Aug 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B View Post
Noel, it is a fantastic choice. and for 49bucks you get the bullet proof 10 channel receiver too. Just take the case off and stuff it in, and off you go. All switches are 3 position, and the upper left switch is momentary, so works perfect for launch preset. If you prefer your momentary switch in the back, then Airtronics will do that for you super quick. Tranny is light, and programming is robust and simple.

Check one out when you can.

Mike
Do you know if the momentary switch can be moved to the right hand corner? I throw left handed and need the momentary switch on the right for a launch preset. I reversed the upper left and right switches (gear and flap resp.) on my RDS8000 as per the manual so I could program the gear switch as an up-elevator launch switch (not sprung, but works ok).
Also, the Airtronics 7 channel Rx is lots smaller than the eight and really light shrink wrapped (8-9g iirc). I have one in a Predator II with a few flights on it-so far so good. Cody at Skip Miller Models told me he's using the 7 ch in a competition Espada, so it should have plenty of range for dlg.

Shawn
shawnc is offline Find More Posts by shawnc
Old Nov 17, 2009, 08:55 PM
Poland, Śląskie, częstochowski
Joined May 2008
1,692 Posts
Is it works only with Airtronics Rx??? Would it work AR6250???
pyrsly is online now Find More Posts by pyrsly
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2009, 09:19 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,908 Posts
Shawn, If you ask customer service, I am sure they will move it to the right side for you.

pyrsly - only airtronics receivers. typical of 2.4, for most all cases must stay with your maker and not mix and match.

Mike
Old Nov 17, 2009, 09:21 PM
Practice Makes Precision
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrsly View Post
Is it works only with Airtronics Rx??? Would it work AR6250???
Yes, only ATX receivers.

I don't see why you would want an AR6250 when they are 79$ and the 7ch ATX receiver is 76$ . And it already has long leads.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/468520.asp
Old Nov 17, 2009, 09:29 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,908 Posts
Please stick with the 10 channel receiver guys. You can be assured of full range, no issues, and safety link airplane/receiver matching.... The 7 channel size is not necessary for even the smallest DLG's...well maybe it would be tough to fit it in the Stobel V2, but the 10 channel fits in my SALpeters without the case.

Cheers.

Mike
Old Nov 17, 2009, 09:35 PM
Practice Makes Precision
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Please stick with the 10 channel receiver guys. You can be assured of full range, no issues, and safety link airplane/receiver matching.... The 7 channel size is not necessary for even the smallest DLG's...well maybe it would be tough to fit it in the Stobel V2, but the 10 channel fits in my SALpeters without the case.

Cheers.

Mike
Why is that? I've been using all of their receivers without issues. I've got their 8ch receivers in my 2m sailplanes, and I speck them out all the time without worry.

I can understand the 10ch for a large 3m+ bird, but anything smaller, is covered by far on the other receivers. (except the RX60 parkflyer receiver)

But I agree that the 10ch is worry free in just about anything.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 09:42 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,908 Posts
Tdisaster, if you read some of the other posts in some other threads, the only issues with the new Airtronics systems correlate to the older 8 channel receivers. The fact that you have had 0 issues just shows that any real issues will be hard to actually identify. But, as of today, I have not heard of one lockout, or range issue with any 10 channel receiver from Airtronics. When I recommend something, I want to do so without reservation, and I can do that with the 10G and the 10 channel receiver.

This is why...

Good luck to you.

Mike
Old Nov 17, 2009, 09:43 PM
Practice Makes Precision
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Tdisaster, if you read some of the other posts in some other threads, the only issues with the new Airtronics systems corelates to the older 8 channel receivers. The fact that you have had 0 issues just shows that any real issues will be hard to actually identify. But, as of today, I have not heard of one lockout, or range issue with any 10 channel receiver from Airtronics. When I recommend something, I want to do so without reservation, and I can do that with the 10G and the 10 channel receiver.

This is why...

Good luck to you.

Mike
Ah, I totally understand.

Thanks for clearing that up!
Old Nov 18, 2009, 06:52 AM
Poland, Śląskie, częstochowski
Joined May 2008
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDisaster View Post
Yes, only ATX receivers.

I don't see why you would want an AR6250 when they are 79$ and the 7ch ATX receiver is 76$ . And it already has long leads.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/468520.asp
I actualy can get AR6250 for 65$ but that is not a problem, this new radio is just sweet.
pyrsly is online now Find More Posts by pyrsly
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2009, 08:19 AM
Joined Sep 2004
799 Posts
Shawnc,

This is John L. Im going to send in mine to get the switch moved soon. Took off the case to try to do it myself but the switches are mounted on small circuit boards, 3 in a cluster. That was enough to discourage me. Love the radio, have it flying in 2 HL and 1 Pike already. Happy to share programming with you. After all leftys rule!!!!
JOLOVINS is online now Find More Posts by JOLOVINS
Old Nov 18, 2009, 09:19 AM
The ground's the limit.
Boulder, CO Area
Joined Aug 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLOVINS View Post
Shawnc,

This is John L. Im going to send in mine to get the switch moved soon. Took off the case to try to do it myself but the switches are mounted on small circuit boards, 3 in a cluster. That was enough to discourage me. Love the radio, have it flying in 2 HL and 1 Pike already. Happy to share programming with you. After all leftys rule!!!!

Thanks John. I'm picking one up in March or so,when my wife's memory of this season's DLG purchases has faded. I'll talk to you about programing then.

Shawn
shawnc is offline Find More Posts by shawnc