HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:01 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,004 Posts
For me at least I've found 85% rate no expo to touchy for me at least,, my best seems to be
100% with 30% expo,, maybe I need quicker thumbs. :-)
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:11 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Ill replace prop adapters on BOTH planes and let you know if that fixes it. But something to watch out for
Where is the pushrod in elevator horn as delivered.

Some people had oscillations in their converted Sbach's. Mine doesn't, but mine isn't that fast.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:12 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,319 Posts
Quote:
These prop adapters shouldn't bend that easily I think though but if that's only problem with this great flying plane,, I'm ok with that
Keep in mind this plane isn't built to be crash-worthy. It's built to fly really well. That being said, wasn't there a "Shapeways" guy on here who made up stronger prop adapters? ICU2 or something like that? He did nice wheel pants too. Forgive my aged brain!
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:16 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
LOL

You take the fun out of my griping, when you're all sincere and polite!

(You Canadians have a reputation for being like that.......)

Glad to hear, though, that the tach takes a mainstream battery, rather than one of those one-and-done jobbies for which no replacement can be found.

Meanwhile, I'm still stuck on which bird to get this in this procurement season: this S3D, the new AS3X Spit, the new TH Crack Yak Lite, or ??? (And I can't deal with "all of the above" as an answer......)

Sorry! (Oh no, I just apologized again.... Well, tough luck, you're on your own! Ah, now, that's better )

You forgot the ASK-21 on that list... I know it's on mine! (Though, now, it does look like it will be for next spring/summer )
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:19 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,456 Posts
Quote:
These prop adapters shouldn't bend that easily I think though but if that's only problem with this great flying plane,, I'm ok with that
Sometimes better to bend a small part then to bend a shaft or mount or motor.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Keep in mind this plane isn't built to be crash-worthy. It's built to fly really well. That being said, wasn't there a "Shapeways" guy on here who made up stronger prop adapters? ICU2 or something like that? He did nice wheel pants too. Forgive my aged brain!
It was ICU, (don't believe it had a 2 - but I'm really old also). Anyway, his adapters won't break, but they might be able to bend a bit even more than the original, but don't know for sure, just basing that on the feel of his adapters. I have a few of them on hand though. But it really seems hard to understand that the original adapter would bend and not break. Could it be the spinner being out or bent to one side? Could that cause the problem? Or could the prop have been deformed a bit in the inadvertent ground contact?
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:30 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
It was ICU, (don't believe it had a 2 - but I'm really old also). Anyway, his adapters won't break, but they might be able to bend a bit even more than the original, but don't know for sure, just basing that on the feel of his adapters. I have a few of them on hand though. But it really seems hard to understand that the original adapter would bend and not break. Could it be the spinner being out or bent to one side? Could that cause the problem? Or could the prop have been deformed a bit in the inadvertent ground contact?
The prop gets deformed very easily. The blades get out of track. I just assumed he had checked all that.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:00 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,425 Posts
Stock motor (2500kv)
Stock prop (5x2.75)

Miniaviation 210mah 2s 25c:
Volts - 7.17
Amps - 2.66
Watts - 19.9

Turnigy 260mah 2s 35-70c:
Volts - 7.67
Amps - 2.76
Watts - 22.1

-----------------

I'll keep it short and simple...

Totally unfair to compare a 210mAh to a 260mAh.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:06 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,637 Posts
And I blame YOU!

It's your fault. Every one of you. All your talking about how well the converted Sbach v1's flew with AS3X, and all your talk about how great and fast and strong and COOOOL the new one is. Jeez. So much for self control, fiscal responsibility, and budgetary intelligence.

ALL because of your terrible influence, there's one of these suckers sitting in a back room of the LHS with my name on it. Man, I HATE it when that happens.

Flight report and video to follow . . . .
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:18 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,456 Posts
Sorry...at least you jump in and get one. I'm just here on the fence flying my old funky converted Sbach hoping that someday I'll have an excuse to buy a shiny new one.
Good luck with your new shiny Sbach and good flights.
Mike
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:19 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Mine is shipping today, should get it tomorrow.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:36 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,425 Posts
wwup,

No rush...
You can thank us after the maiden.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:55 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,637 Posts
All teasing aside, I get more useful info from this forum than I could ever say thank you for. Most expensive "free" forum I've ever joined, though!

And don't worry, I'll pay you all back. I am sure that I'll be posting a GLOWING, detailed, salivary gland inducing review and video shortly that you all will find equally expensive!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:57 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,182 Posts
Just got back from the LHS. Got her bound, checked & adjusted the mechanical trim, checked prop balance, and charged up a few Hyp 240s, TP 325s, and a Hyp 500 35c. Hatcam is charged. I believe it is time to fly. Off to the field for the maiden!

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:46 PM
United States, KY, Booneville
Joined Jul 2012
407 Posts
Yeah I went to the LHS on friday to get parts for my MCPX and was going to save the rest for my Blade 450 but NOOOOOO instead I came home with 1 of the 2 Sbach's that he got in. I love the UM's so much and it didnt hurt that the color was BLUE my favorite color...lol Still havent took her out kind of afraid of her, still playing on the sim...lol
medic45 is offline Find More Posts by medic45