HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2014, 05:59 AM
Slovenia, Tolmin, Municipality of Tolmin
Joined Nov 2014
3 Posts
Discussion
FPV video goes out after few meters?

Hello... OK I admit I bought low budget FPV kit from eBay (rx RC5808/tx TS58200).
But anyway is it normal to have video noise on few meter distance???
Look video:
myfpv (0 min 8 sec)

But when I go out on open area the video is gone after 10 meters?? Black! Nothing..

I try different anntenas, changing channels,... ok channels chart is little confusing.

Remote is 2.4 GHz and FPV is 5.8 GHz.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Erik
erikhrast is offline Find More Posts by erikhrast
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2014, 07:25 AM
Ikaruswannab
Joined Sep 2009
978 Posts
Might be that Channels between VTx and VRx don't match.
Is a frequent error.
teopbako is online now Find More Posts by teopbako
Old Nov 23, 2014, 05:50 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,215 Posts
Yup. Time for a range test with two folks on cell phones. After the one with the TX gets out at a appreciable distance cycle through the base station setting until you get the best reception. You're done.
1fullbird is offline Find More Posts by 1fullbird
Old Nov 23, 2014, 08:21 PM
Too many numbers
United States, IL, Lake in the Hills
Joined Oct 2010
1,830 Posts
Just to clarify what the guys said above- the channel numbers labeled on the transmitter do not match the channel numbers on the receiver. TX ch 3 might be RX ch 8. It's a crap shoot. Only way to tell for sure is to cycle through until you find one that works well.
c131frdave is offline Find More Posts by c131frdave
Old Nov 23, 2014, 09:11 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikhrast View Post
Hello... OK I admit I bought low budget FPV kit from eBay (rx RC5808/tx TS58200).
But anyway is it normal to have video noise on few meter distance???
Look video: https://vimeo.com/110567401

But when I go out on open area the video is gone after 10 meters?? Black! Nothing..

I try different anntenas, changing channels,... ok channels chart is little confusing.

Remote is 2.4 GHz and FPV is 5.8 GHz.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Erik
one of two things.

One of your antennas has a broken connection somewhere,

or your transmitter is putting out very low power
some times a transmitter comes new like that, and sometimes it can happen from something like overheating, or running without an antenna.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Nov 23, 2014, 09:52 PM
sunk more than scorp
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2010
1,145 Posts
How about SMA / RP-SMA conflict?

The key is to have a male/female connection internally with the antenna adapters
WitnessOnly is offline Find More Posts by WitnessOnly
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:50 AM
Joined May 2010
130 Posts
I also just got that combo. First off, follow the transmitter manual for dipswitch settings(the switch position is in black). For the receiver, don't follow the manual but the sticker on the back. This time, however, the switch position is the opposite of what it shows(you can think of it as the white space as the switch position).

I'm testing this in a car with my 9x and found that the fpv receiver being too close the radio antenna could cause some interference. Even after repositioning antennas I'm still only getting about 30m which is pretty disappointing since I hear you should get at least 200-300m.
closeflyby is offline Find More Posts by closeflyby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My first quad!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 04:22 AM
Slovenia, Tolmin, Municipality of Tolmin
Joined Nov 2014
3 Posts
I'll try to scan all channels. I will set CH1 on TX, and then I'll test all CH on RX :/
The antennas are OK.. and conntectors too.
erikhrast is offline Find More Posts by erikhrast