RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan View Post
Yes FF,
Thanks you for the kind words.
Regarding Tru-Turn.: They make a very quality product. They make it in the USA, that's good too. They're feeding their families and we're spending money in the USA, good and good.
But my beef is this:
My first order was for the Helldiver. I sent in the prop and motor because they don't have adapters for every electric motor out there but will make them if you send it. I waited almost 4 weeks for it and when it came I started to put it together. The spinner faceplate wouldn't even go over the motor shaft, it was undersize. I called and they said they had screwed up and to send it back. I did ( more postage on me) and two weeks later it came and worked. There was no offer to pay postage and I didn't ask. Water under the bridge. Spinner and adapter was $150 counting two way postage.
So I thought I would get the jump on this build and send it in early. I sent the motor/prop in July 3rd. No matter how you put it , that is a long time. They say it will ship Tuesday but I know from experience not to count my chickens. They said they were cleaning up the adapters over two weeks ago so.......... who knows.
My company has been in business 65 years, I've been doing it for 45 years. If we had service like that, I'm certain we wouldn't be around today. I'm just voicing my experience with their service and it has been frustrating to put it mildly. Just my 2 cents.

Have the boom/TE junctions sanded and glassed. Nose gear doors on and working. More tomorrow.

J
Amen to that! Just because they are a US Co doesn't justify long waits or poor customer service. TT will need to get its act together or go the way of the dodo. US companies need to be doing it better than outside companies. If my PC repair business had 7 week wait times I would not be in business period.
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2014, 07:37 PM
Pollock Pines, CA
Joined Aug 2002
1,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
No doubt !!!!
Speaking of photoshop, John I was hoping you were going to make me 50 lbs. lighter and 6' 4".....

Dennis
Dmerino is offline Find More Posts by Dmerino
Old Aug 23, 2014, 07:39 PM
Gillette,WY
Joined Jan 2005
73 Posts
I am going to pay closer attention this time. Or just pay HillBilly to come and get me!!!
Marty
Marty Snell is offline Find More Posts by Marty Snell
Old Aug 23, 2014, 08:01 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
5,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmerino View Post
Speaking of photoshop, John I was hoping you were going to make me 50 lbs. lighter and 6' 4".....

Dennis
That's all up to Hillbilly, brother.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Snell View Post
I am going to pay closer attention this time. Or just pay HillBilly to come and get me!!!
Marty
We'll give him a public address system this time....or I'll just use my NCO voice and holler for y'all !!!
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 23, 2014, 09:48 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Snell View Post
Marty
We'll take a headcount this year.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Aug 24, 2014, 04:09 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,704 Posts
I sanded the boom/TE areas and added a couple of coats of poly/bp to fill the weave. Been working on the Robart air system too. Have the air tank, it's HUGE, mounted in back. Also the wiring for the steering and nose gear doors extended to the back.
Finally go this thing together, man, I said it was big and it is.

I'm hoping to get to the point of starting the canopy and cockpit tomorrow. If all goes well they might be done by Labor Day but that's maybe just a dream.

J
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2014, 04:45 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
5,063 Posts
!!!!

Holy cow batman!!!! That's one impressive bird there my friend
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2014, 05:08 PM
Madison, WI
Joined Feb 2004
905 Posts
Wow that's a monster, very impressive!
Fast Freddy is offline Find More Posts by Fast Freddy
Old Aug 24, 2014, 06:06 PM
It only takes one good idea
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,040 Posts
Wow!!!!!

I mean WOW!!!!!!!

Damon
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214
Old Aug 24, 2014, 06:15 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,324 Posts
J when did you install the mini fridge. I could have swore you had a full size in there
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Aug 24, 2014, 07:45 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Dec 2008
443 Posts
Great Job John.. she's looking GOOD!!!
coptercptn is offline Find More Posts by coptercptn
Old Aug 24, 2014, 08:18 PM
Pollock Pines, CA
Joined Aug 2002
1,677 Posts
Man, what a beauty. I can already imagine her all dressed up in her war paint. She is going to be one big mistress, John.

Great job.

Dennis
Dmerino is offline Find More Posts by Dmerino
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:53 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,704 Posts
Thanks guys

It doesn't seem that big in pieces but you get it altogether and that impression goes away. 98" long with a 96" ws.

And WF, good point. I thought that was a full size frig too!

J
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:57 PM
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Oct 2008
2,840 Posts
Now that's a Bronco !!!! Can you tell me how wide the plane is with the wings removed. If I remember correctly, the wings detach just outside the nacelles. I'm wondering if this would fit in my motorcycle hauled trailer, max width inside is 32" Doug B
Doug Bartley is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bartley
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:12 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,614 Posts
Impressive J, I love it when a project gets to this point and you can see it all together for the firs time. I'm particularly impressed by the balancing on two wheels trick

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member