HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by theK2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:57 PM
3D-wanna-B
Lynchburg, VA
Joined Dec 2008
309 Posts
Discussion
Haven't posted in a LONG time!

So it's been a year since I posted to my blog and I'm trying to keep this update for me more than anything. My last post mentioned the SkyBoy which ironically I just completed and maidened this weekend. It took a backseat to the TREX 450 and 3DHS 48" Edge for quite a while but I was looking for a lazy flyer that I could take with me to supplement the on edge (no pun intended) 3D flights. Second flight on it's maiden day and I had no ground control on landing and swerved into a curb, destroying the firewall. I'm sure it's repairable --- but I gotta be honest, I'm not looking forward to it after just getting it airworthy.

Also picked up a 38" EPP Slick from 3DHS over the fall/winter months to practice here in the neighborhood. I have since outfitted it with LEDs for night flying as well. Here are some pics of it at night:

But I've been spending as much time as I can (which isn't much with my work and family schedule) with the 3DHS 48" Edge 540. I love this plane! It literally does everything that I could want a plane to do. I can circle fly with it if I want but I can also hover it, do high speed KE passes, KE spins, blenders, etc. What a blast to fly and it looks amazing to boot. To spice it up a little I cut some custom vinyl for it. Here's how she looks now:

Also since my last post I have been teaching my neighbor how to fly. He approached me one day when I was flying the CAP 232 in the neighborhood. Now - less than a year later he has a hangar of 4 planes - Radian, Super Cub, Trojan T-28 and Extra 300. He's solid on flying the Radian and Super Cub but we're still training on the T-28 in hopes of working up to the Extra by the end of the summer. It's a blast to have someone close by to go flying with.

Flying season is in full swing.. I'll try to take the camera and make some more regular posts!
theK2 is offline Find More Posts by theK2
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:30 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,521 Posts
Great vinyl work on the 48" Edge

Did you do it, or did you have someone else make the vinyl?
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Old Apr 08, 2012, 05:27 PM
3D-wanna-B
Lynchburg, VA
Joined Dec 2008
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
Great vinyl work on the 48" Edge

Did you do it, or did you have someone else make the vinyl?
Thanks! I made it - I have a vinyl cutter.
theK2 is offline Find More Posts by theK2