HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:34 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, SkŚne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Mine is 172g or 218g with battery (950mAh 2S)

With MultiWii board + GPS and LED

No problem with power ... but I'm not into acrobatic stuffs

Mine is also 218 gram, after a lot of gluing, before it was 210 gram.

My ugly but effective canopy is shown on one of the pictures.

Today I tried in hard wind, and it behaves weary well.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:17 AM
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2011
118 Posts
I was thinking about putting a GPS/bluetooth and a hd wing cam but I cant imagine how the thing will fly with all that..
Galessin is offline Find More Posts by Galessin
Last edited by Galessin; Jan 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:28 PM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Hello, i have this little nice copter for fun at home and when i received it i was having a good experience in flying at home with 1.2 fw.
Today i updated the fw at 1.5v and i noticed that
now isn't possible to push up fast the throttle becouse i have a strange reaction and the Multirotor crash.. like when you want to make a flip, you push fast the throttle up, just to explain in which case i get this problem..
I made again the ESC Calibration with throttle and Receiver one by one and checked many times the travel.
What can i check to try to solve this kind of problem?
Which parameter i can check?

Thank you
Brombo is offline Find More Posts by Brombo
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:59 PM
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Brugge
Joined Sep 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galessin View Post
I cant imagine how the thing will fly with all that..
Check post 607 and onwards a few pages back, I have mounted a wing cam on my Quad that weights 28 gr. I used a 3S 1000 mAh lipo to get more power, the stock ESC's can cope with that.

Steve
stevo0476 is offline Find More Posts by stevo0476
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:06 PM
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2011
118 Posts
My Cam is the hk hd wingcam ( first one) probably the same as you. If I install the cam on the quad I will probably remove the cam battery and power the cam from the main battery, only 3.3 V is require and the cam must use few mA.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:53 PM
I'm just a 2.5D Pilot
Fort Worth, TX
Joined Dec 2005
888 Posts
When you update the firmware, make sure that you go back in and program your motor layout and go through the entire setup again with the receiver mode and make sure that in your receiver test menu everything is zero and so on.

On a side note, before I figure out all my problems were related to vibes, there were a couple times I could get my quad in the air for about a minute or so each time. I updated my firmware to 1.5, went through all the settings and it wouldn't even take off. I downgraded back to 1.4 and it would fly for about a minute or so. I've heard that both firmwares are the same except 1.5 adds some other functionality that I can't even use, so who knows.

Ricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brombo View Post
Hello, i have this little nice copter for fun at home and when i received it i was having a good experience in flying at home with 1.2 fw.
Today i updated the fw at 1.5v and i noticed that
now isn't possible to push up fast the throttle becouse i have a strange reaction and the Multirotor crash.. like when you want to make a flip, you push fast the throttle up, just to explain in which case i get this problem..
I made again the ESC Calibration with throttle and Receiver one by one and checked many times the travel.
What can i check to try to solve this kind of problem?
Which parameter i can check?

Thank you
rickgode is offline Find More Posts by rickgode
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:56 AM
Sardinia Multirotors
Italy, Sardegna
Joined Nov 2011
101 Posts
Thanks rick,
i'm sure that i did everything to come back to the last working config that i was using in the 1.2fw.
Everything is on 0, rotors mode is right..
i noticed just this problem, and only when i move fast the throttle up like to do the first step of the flip but.. if i use the throttle at normal speed it lift normally, but in the other case it react with a strange behavior, it seem like that 2 motors stop working for moment and if you are not high in the air you'll crash.

I don't know why, after the update it was very fast and precise in the vertical, now is not possible to use to do flip o lift fast in the air, i can do it just with progressive movement of the gas ..
Brombo is offline Find More Posts by Brombo
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:48 PM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
Just tried a cover for my quad... Top dome is from a fake CCTV camera from Poundworld.
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:49 PM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
Sorry, didn't upload.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:22 PM
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2011
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneylopsides View Post
Just tried a cover for my quad... Top dome is from a fake CCTV camera from Poundworld.
I see you use the same hardware as me , crius board.. your V2 right? I use v1 and I also use the FS R6A receiver with PPM on Pin Bat The only thing I miss is the GPS... Keep me inform of the final weight with all that stuff

and share your multiwii setting if they work fine
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:58 PM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
Yeah, crius 1.1, and none of my receivers have PPM-SUM :-(
I've not found another compatible one that does.
Motors and speed controllers are on their way to me :-)
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:24 PM
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2011
118 Posts
I found out that my hobbyking v2 receiver mark ZLH do not have the ppm but the one that came with my ct6b TX Flysky brand have no marking and have PPM.

But anyway my 9XR TX and the frsky module are in the mail so I will probably not use the flysky rx after all.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:29 AM
Joined Jun 2007
19 Posts
Crab 20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
New frame ordered, Crab 20, small, and crash resistant. Then I can re use, motors, ESC and KK2.
What makes these frames crash resistant?
Will the frame perhaps spring apart to dissipate energy when crashed?
What kind of plastic is it? The BambuCopter site doesn't seem to specify.

Having already damaged and repaired my second frame I'm keen to see how you get on.
dirigible is offline Find More Posts by dirigible
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:14 AM
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Brugge
Joined Sep 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dang View Post
Thanks for the report and being a beta tester for us! Stuff happens, good luck.
Well, it's working A little movie I uploaded on the tube from the initial test. Still needs some fine tuning but at least I got it up and running.

I think there is a little quad waiting just to get airborne with this gear on board.

Boscam micro FPV 5.8 Ghz, 200 mW test (0 min 38 sec)

Steve
stevo0476 is offline Find More Posts by stevo0476
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:38 AM
USA, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2001
1,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo0476 View Post
Well, it's working A little movie I uploaded on the tube from the initial test. Still needs some fine tuning but at least I got it up and running.

I think there is a little quad waiting just to get airborne with this gear on board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEcVN...ature=youtu.be

Steve
suh-weet!
dang is offline Find More Posts by dang