HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2011, 06:04 AM
frenzyscot
Dundee, Scotland
Joined Oct 2004
652 Posts
Video
Yak-11 Czech Mate scrratch build

I just have so many issues with the power setup on this model it is unbelievable...
xterarc is offline Find More Posts by xterarc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:24 PM
I eat glue
Canada, NS, Yarmouth
Joined Jul 2006
3,520 Posts
Looks smooth! Gotta get my plans printed out for this one.
baldguy is offline Find More Posts by baldguy
Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:07 AM
Scale Builder
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined Jul 2002
2,577 Posts
I did not realize you had ever finished this one xterarc. I happened across your video while searching for something else. Looks like the Yak is a very good flyer. Did you ever get the power setup issues squared away? We have a couple of warbird racing classes here in the USA (SWRA and RCPRO) and a friend of mine asked me to design a "Czech Mate" for him to race. His is IC powered, although the electrics are coming on very strong. I think the top two rated pilots in the fastest (Gold) class are both flying electric racers now. The picture below is of my friend's bird but I have one of my own under construction which will be finished in the "Perestroika" scheme. I am very much considering an electric power system for mine. The airplane flies really great and the entire Yak family seems to lend itself to modelling quite nicely. Despite the highly tapered wing it is gentle around the stall (has a degree or so of wash out) and does not snap out in the corners even in the tightest of turns. Anway, congrats with yours and I hope you got it figured out because it appears to fly very nicely.

Take care!

Chad Veich is offline Find More Posts by Chad Veich
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:52 AM
frenzyscot
Dundee, Scotland
Joined Oct 2004
652 Posts

Hey,

Thanks, What happened was my charger was malfunctioning and I wasn't getting to full charge, replaced it and adjusted the pitch on the blades, flies like a dream. can bring her down to half the height you saw on the video at full speed, is that stable, probably because of the airfoil combination I used on this one. Yes I have no issues with tip stalls, it goes very soft and with flaps down it slows considerably.

My design is not for IC but happy to give the files away if anyone would seriously consider to build it. I have been contemplating with designing "Critical Mass" for next project or a AT-802, ... I know apples and oranges,, oh yes all WWII british ships are ont he game too...
xterarc is offline Find More Posts by xterarc
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined Jan 2012
47 Posts
Beautiful !!
richardll is offline Find More Posts by richardll