New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2015, 06:22 PM
Find More Posts by DanWard
Deer Park, Tx (East side of Houston)
Joined Oct 2009
181 Posts
Question
Breakin Oil for DLE35RA, Lawn Boy All Season Petrolium based?

Hello,

Finally ready to fire her up. The DLE35RA manual clearly says "It's a good idea to use a petroleum based 2 cycle motor oil like Lawn Boy All Season Ashless oil for the break-in period"

So where does one buy this? I have been everywhere (Home Depot, Lowes, independent lawnmower shops, hardware stores, etc) and everything has gone synthetic. One of the guy's at two of the local lawn mower shops wished me luck because he believes everything has gone to synthetic.

I like supporting local stores, it keeps them in business and feeds my immediate need but it looks like I may have to resort to an internet purchase unless the manual is dated information and you all are using something else for break-in oil.

Hope to hear some input, thanks in advance to any and all who reply.
DanWard is offline Find More Posts by DanWard
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2015, 06:02 AM
Find More Posts by mosquitowings
USA, OK, Warr Acres
Joined Feb 2004
584 Posts
Hey Dan, I have always had good luck finding Lawnboy oil at Ace hardware.
I don't know if it's petro based , but it's what all the gurus around here say to use.
It works good for me and has a stabilizer in it as well, so I never worry about it going sour in the event it's not all used right away.
Jim
mosquitowings is offline Find More Posts by mosquitowings
Old Jun 04, 2015, 07:21 AM
Find More Posts by jetmech05
Jacksonville Fla.
Joined Mar 2007
2,314 Posts
I used to use lawn boy ashless for break in. But my last two DA engines a 100 and a 170 I just started with synthetic at 40:1. Doesn't hurt a anything, does take longer to break in.
jetmech05 is offline Find More Posts by jetmech05
Old Jun 04, 2015, 09:37 AM
Find More Posts by los36
United States, TX, The Colony
Joined Nov 2012
613 Posts
If your hardware store has Stihl oil, the orange bottle is petroleum based.
los36 is online now Find More Posts by los36