New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2015, 10:56 PM
Find More Posts by Aaron 1
Joined Jun 2010
350 Posts
Discussion
Dennis Hastert

What the difference between a gay and a pedophile? Should there be no Statue of Limitations on Gays or pedophiles related crimes?
Aaron 1 is offline Find More Posts by Aaron 1
Last edited by Aaron 1; May 30, 2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old May 30, 2015, 12:30 AM
Find More Posts by thunder1
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,715 Posts
Statute of Limitations for being gay? I didn't know that just being gay was a crime these days. What century are you living in?

FWIW, if you don't know or think there is a difference between being gay and being a pedophile, maybe you ought to learn what it is before making such statements.
thunder1 is online now Find More Posts by thunder1
Old May 30, 2015, 12:30 AM
Find More Posts by WingNut64
RC Newb/Gorilla Glue User
United States, OH
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
Do you really not know the difference?

And, if Hastert's guilty, I hope he gets shuttled off to a nice cozy cell, with a VERY amorous cellmate.
WingNut64 is online now Find More Posts by WingNut64
Old May 30, 2015, 08:18 AM
Find More Posts by Sonny McGhee
Joined Dec 2013
287 Posts
Rich people don't have to spend time in the same prisons as average people. No worries for Hastert in that department.
Sonny McGhee is offline Find More Posts by Sonny McGhee
Old May 30, 2015, 09:39 AM
Joined Jun 2010
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNut64 View Post

And, if Hastert's guilty, I hope he gets shuttled off to a nice cozy cell, with a VERY amorous cellmate.
================================================== ==========
No question of guilt but the Statutes of limitations prevents him from being prosecuted as a gay pedophile. The only thing he can be indicted for is cashing large sums of money. That money was used to pay off his blackmailer. I don't think payoff is a crime.
Old May 30, 2015, 09:53 AM
Joined Jun 2010
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post
Statute of Limitations for being gay? I didn't know that just being gay was a crime these days. What century are you living in?

FWIW, if you don't know or think there is a difference between being gay and being a pedophile, maybe you ought to learn what it is before making such statements.

================================================== ==
I do not know the legal terms or what the punishment is. A male who has sex with another male is a gay . The same male who has sex with an underage male is a pedophile I think This would however be also a gay act I think as two males are involved. . I don't know what the age of consent is. I think this is a State law and varies but not a Federal law, but not sure again.

If a straight male has sex with an under age female over a certain age that seems not to be classified as a pedophile act. But not sure again. At what age does the word pedophile apply? Female teachers have been the news for having sex with under age males. I have never heard the teachers classified as pedophiles and they usually don't serve time.

After a period of time neither one of these crimes can be prosecuted. I don't know if that is a Federal or State law or how long. Do you?

Excuse my ignorance but maybe you can post a bit on what laws apply and etc.
Old May 30, 2015, 09:55 AM
Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNut64 View Post

Yep
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old May 30, 2015, 10:04 AM
Joined Jun 2010
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee View Post
Rich people don't have to spend time in the same prisons as average people. No worries for Hastert in that department.
================================================

Very true . Also not so rich but powerful people. Hastert is not rich in my opinion. He has a bit of money but nothing like the Clinton's or some other people in Government. With money and power together most are untouchable. ie Bill Clinton. or even a well know black comedian recently in the news.

Rich and powerful people make our laws and that's why they are as they are.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:39 AM
Find More Posts by Gooroo
Joined Sep 2010
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny McGhee View Post
He will probably do time for lying to the FBI. The structuring accusation does not have much in the way of legal teeth to put him in jail unless he was conducting illegal business with it. Paying someone to not disclose something is not in itself inherently illegal.

Where he screwed up was in lying, or rather even talking to, the FBI.

Just show your ID, follow lawful orders and listen to this guys advice:

Don't talk to the police.

Dont Talk to Police (48 min 40 sec)
Gooroo is offline Find More Posts by Gooroo
Old May 30, 2015, 11:54 AM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron 1 View Post
================================================== ==
I do not know the legal terms or what the punishment is. A male who has sex with another male is a gay . The same male who has sex with an underage male is a pedophile I think This would however be also a gay act I think as two males are involved. . I don't know what the age of consent is. I think this is a State law and varies but not a Federal law, but not sure again.

If a straight male has sex with an under age female over a certain age that seems not to be classified as a pedophile act. But not sure again. At what age does the word pedophile apply? Female teachers have been the news for having sex with under age males. I have never heard the teachers classified as pedophiles and they usually don't serve time.

After a period of time neither one of these crimes can be prosecuted. I don't know if that is a Federal or State law or how long. Do you?

Excuse my ignorance but maybe you can post a bit on what laws apply and etc.
You obviously need to do a little more reading about the things you mention, because adults having sex with minors is always classified as pedophilia and if proven, they will do jail time.
Old May 30, 2015, 01:11 PM
Joined Jun 2010
350 Posts
Quote:
You obviously need to do a little more reading about the things you mention, because adults having sex with minors is always classified as pedophilia and if proven, they will do jail time.
================================================== ========

From what I have read you just made that up. Do you have a URL source? I think not.

For example in NJ it is legal for a child of 13 to have sex with a 17 year old. It seems every state has it own laws and its a mess. I can't find any law that reference Pedophile. This seems to be a medical term not a legal one. There are laws in several States that have a minimum age of 16. Some times that is tied to a age reference of 4 years. The way teens act today a very large % would be in jai if enforced..

So you claim an adult, which in some states is 18, having sex with a 17 year old minor will do jail time? I also didn't find any statutes on Gay sex. I'm not a lawyer and admit this is way out of any field I'm familiar with..

You are the one that needs to do a a lot of reading . Your comment is totally bogus.
Old May 30, 2015, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by Whizz
Santo, Tx. La Tierra de Dios
Joined Nov 2005
151 Posts
Quote:
A good example is Jeffery Dahmer. Homosexual today, pedophile tomorrow.
Whizz is offline Find More Posts by Whizz
Old May 30, 2015, 01:30 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron 1 View Post
================================================== ========

From what I have read you just made that up. Do you have a URL source? I think not.

For example in NJ it is legal for a child of 13 to have sex with a 17 year old. It seems every state has it own laws and its a mess. I can't find any law that reference Pedophile. This seems to be a medical term not a legal one. There are laws in several States that have a minimum age of 16. Some times that is tied to a age reference of 4 years. The way teens act today a very large % would be in jai if enforced..

So you claim an adult, which in some states is 18, having sex with a 17 year old minor will do jail time? I also didn't find any statutes on Gay sex. I'm not a lawyer and admit this is way out of any field I'm familiar with..

You are the one that needs to do a a lot of reading . Your comment is totally bogus.
Pedophilia is defined as sexual attraction of an adult towards a prepubescent minor. And by minor, I mean children under the age of sexual consent There is never an age differential that I know of in those cases.

What you are talking about is different as once an individual has reached the age of sexual consent, the laws change significantly. This is usually known as underage sex, and some states do have an age differential which they then classify as statutory rape. Even someone under the age of 18 can be convicted of sex with someone under the age of sexual consent.

You are talking about pedophilia, and not just underage sex, aren't you?
Old May 30, 2015, 01:34 PM
Find More Posts by Whizz
Santo, Tx. La Tierra de Dios
Joined Nov 2005
151 Posts
I forgot to add this http://www.wnd.com/2002/04/13722/ sorry
Whizz is offline Find More Posts by Whizz
Old May 30, 2015, 01:38 PM
Find More Posts by AA5BY
East Texas
Joined Aug 2007
1,862 Posts
Yep... Scooter Libby was convicted for lying to a federal agent during an investigation.

In the Dugger case, when it was investigated and no incidents where revealed between his age 14-18, the statue of limitations had run out and no indictment took place. However, the investigation was no longer of a minor and was made public.
AA5BY is offline Find More Posts by AA5BY