Old Jul 26, 2014, 07:36 PM
FPVMcgee
Joined Jun 2006
15 Posts
New Product
FY G3 Ultra 3-Axis Airborne Brushless Gimbal

New 3-axis gopro gimbal at foxtechfpv
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/fyg3-ultra...ng-p-1613.html

Can anyone provide reviews for this product?

FY-G3Ultrl 3Axis Brushless Airborne Gimbal is suitable for GOPRO3,GOPRO3+ and other similar size camera. It could be installed on the fixed-wing aircraft, multi-rotor aircraft and helicopter to make aerial shooting. The operation and assembling is quite easy, it is workable solely with power.
Assemble the Gimbal under the diagram. Install the camera before power supply. The existed camera mounting seat is only suitable for GOPRO3,GOPRO3+. To other size camera mounting, you need design the mounting seat by yourself or fellow FY accessories.
There is no need to set and adjust the parameter. During the first start, supply the power, keep the gimbal still, after the initialization, the gimbal will keep horizontal automatically. Then it is workable.

Function Instruction
-Heading Following Mode —— Camera Pitch and Roll angles remain constant, heading follows the nose position, pitch can be control by RC.
-Heading And Pitch Following Mode —— Camera Roll angle remains constant. Heading follow the nose position and Pitch follow the elevation of the aircreft.
-Locking Mode —— Heading, Pitch and Roll are all locked to point at one position.Heading and pitch can be control by RC.

FY-G3Ultra 3-Axis Brushless Gimbal For Aircraft----Ground Test:
FY-G3Ultra 3-Axis Brushless Gimbal For Aircraft ---- Ground Test (2 min 45 sec)

Initialize The FY-G3Ultra Gimbal
FY-G3 Ultra Gimbal needs to be initialized when the following situation appears:
1. After power on, the angle of pitch has a little angle difference with the horizon line.
2. After power on, the angle of roll has a little angle difference with the horizon line.
3. When the heading is in the till condition, the angle of heading amends frequently in a small angle .
【The method of initializing the FY-G3 Ultra Gimbal】
Keep the gimbal in the still condition, then power on , it will initialize automatically.After that the gimbal can work normally.

fpvmcgee is online now Find More Posts by fpvmcgee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2014, 08:27 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
375 Posts
Just saw that yesterday to.....i think i will buy one....I'm waiting foxtech To have it back in stock
animau is offline Find More Posts by animau
Old Jul 28, 2014, 05:47 AM
FPVMcgee
Joined Jun 2006
15 Posts
Foxtech showing 11 units in stock, with free DHL shipping which is good..
I have purchased one, will hopefully have it up and running by the end of the week and will post an update
Old Jul 28, 2014, 02:07 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
375 Posts
Just order mine To!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 02:33 PM
TEAM CIRRUS FPV
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2013
479 Posts
This looks fantastic! If the gimbal performs well with the stock software out of the box, Foxtech, I think you'll be getting an order from me!
RainyDayRC is offline Find More Posts by RainyDayRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Team cirrus fpv debut
Old Jul 29, 2014, 01:51 AM
FPVMcgee
Joined Jun 2006
15 Posts
Flight test footage from feiyu tech

FY-G3Ultra 3-Axis Brushless Gimbal For Aircraft ---- Flight Test (3 min 15 sec)
Old Jul 29, 2014, 09:18 AM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
375 Posts
Look good!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 07:45 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,617 Posts
Got an email from FY saying this mounting is too high to install on the Phantom 2. Gutted.

Good thing is that they're working on the Phantom 2 version now.
borneobear is offline Find More Posts by borneobear
Old Jul 31, 2014, 01:23 PM
Joined Aug 2013
226 Posts
This looks good but I am hesitant to buy another gimbal from them. I have the 2 axis gimbal on my Phantom 1 and it works fine except for the tilt function. With the latest firmware, you can only adjust the rate of tilt, not the position.
I understand that they have new a firmware version which corrects this problem but it only works for the latest release of gimbals. It cannot be installed on the earlier ones. Those of us who were early adopters of this product have been abandoned.
syotr is offline Find More Posts by syotr
Old Aug 01, 2014, 03:52 AM
FPVMcgee
Joined Jun 2006
15 Posts
Received mine today!

Got it out of the box and had it built in less than 10 mins, most of the gimbal comes per-assembled, I'm trusting that its been assembled well because I cant be bothered pulling it apart to thread lock everything.

I cant comment too much on on the performance yet as I haven't take it for a test flight, however the design and quality looks top notch! At least compared to my dys 3-axis gimbal. As far a gimbals go, it really is a tidy and well designed gimbal and the gopro bracket cant hit and break the gimbal controller boards which happened on my dys. The gimbal uses three radio channel, heading contol, pitch control and mode control, with a separate futaba connector for power which ill run off a 12v 3A BEC. Also comes with the usb adapter for updating firmware which is good, and a reasonable set of instructions.
One thing I suspect is that the 6 rubber dampeners which come with the gimbal fell very stiff when all 6 are installed. I cant say for sure yet without a test flight, but it does feel stiff out of the box compared to my dys.
You also get a few extras of each screw and dampener, thumb screws for the gopro bracket for easy removal.

Will hopefully get some footage this weekend
Last edited by fpvmcgee; Aug 01, 2014 at 08:45 AM.
Old Aug 01, 2014, 08:35 AM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by croninkyle124 View Post
Received mine today!

Got it out of the box and had it built in less than 10 mins, most of the gimbal comes per-assembled, I'm trusting that its been assembled well because I cant be bothered pulling it apart to thread lock everything.

I cant comment too much on on the performance yet as I haven't take it for a test flight, however the design and quality looks top notch! At least compared to my dys 3-axis gimbal. As far a gimbals go, it really is a tidy and well designed gimbal and the gopro bracket cant hit and break the gimbal controller boards which happened on my dys. The gimbal uses three radio channel, heading contol, pitch control and mode control, with a separate futaba connector for power which ill run off a 12v 3A BEC. Also comes with the usb adapter for updating firmware which is good, and a reasonable set of instructions.

One thing I suspect is that the 6 rubber dampeners which come with the gimbal fell very stiff when all 6 are installed. I cant say for sure yet without a test flight, but it does feel stiff out of the box compared to my dys.

You also get a few extras of each screw and dampener, thumb screws for the gopro bracket for easy removal.

I weighed the gimbal which came in at 224g without gopro, a fair bit over the 186g the advertise.

Nice! Mine is coming soon!
Old Aug 02, 2014, 09:15 AM
Brazil, AL, Maceió
Joined Mar 2012
498 Posts
I'm new to this gimbal, does it run on alexmos board or a feiyu-tech one?
alsoares is offline Find More Posts by alsoares
Old Aug 02, 2014, 09:44 AM
FPVMcgee
Joined Jun 2006
15 Posts
feiyu-tech board, which is basically the opposite of an alexmos board. You cant change any settings, adjust gains PIDS or power levels (At least as far as Im aware of) Its purely plug and play
Old Aug 04, 2014, 03:55 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by croninkyle124 View Post
Received mine today!

So? Did you have time to test the gimbal?
Old Aug 06, 2014, 09:36 PM
FPVMcgee
Joined Jun 2006
15 Posts
So I managed to get out and take some footage with this gimbal

FeiYu-Tech FY-G3 Ultra 3-Axis Brushless Gimbal For Aircraft (2 min 52 sec)

Im flying the gimbal on a Tarrot fy680 hexacopter, gopro hero 3+, eagle tree vector and also there has been no stabilization processing applied to the video.

Overall the gimbal performed well. Conditions where good with a very light sea breeze, its also worth noting that my props are very unbalanced due to a recent crash and small chunks of carbon fiber missing from the blades which are causing some vibrations.

There is a small amount of shakiness in the footage, its looks much worse on youtube compared to the original video but its really not that bad, I can hopefully improve this with balanced blades which I will try this weekend and also by flying more smoothly (which I was not doing during this video for testing purposes). For a gimbal with no adjustments whatsoever, its extremely easy to use and its truly is plug and play