HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2014, 04:27 PM
USA, IL, Peoria
Joined Feb 2002
68 Posts
Discussion
24 mm reloadable motor hardware

I've only used Estes engines, and I am going to purchase 24mm reloadable motor hardware and wanted to know If I should get Aerotech or Cesaroni, probably the 3 grain case. Based on what I Iaunch, what would be your recommendation? Thanks
bernie is offline Find More Posts by bernie
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2014, 08:46 PM
United States, UT, Herriman
Joined Jan 2012
2,102 Posts
I like them both. I would think about what type of load you want to burn. The thrust curves tell you a lot.

In general, Cesaroni are faster and easier to build. The loads are usually a little more expensive though. For Aerotech, watch the delay assembly. If you put them together wrong, you can get a burn through.

One of my favorite 24mm loads is the Aerotech F12. A slower burn, thick black smoke, and similar thrust to a D12 so most Estes 24mm rockets fly great with it.
ttabbal is offline Find More Posts by ttabbal
Old Mar 23, 2014, 09:29 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Aug 2005
56 Posts
And I try to fly whatever my local hobby vendor carries in stock. That saves on shipping fees and also supports the vendor. Both those product lines are fun.
WillMarchant is offline Find More Posts by WillMarchant
Old Mar 23, 2014, 09:42 AM
United States, UT, Herriman
Joined Jan 2012
2,102 Posts
That's a good point as well. Another option I just remembered...

http://www.valuerockets.com/default.aspx

Aerotech sells single use AP motors in 18mm and 24mm sizes that are priced competitively to black powder motors. They sell reload gear there as well. Just in case your local store doesn't stock some things you want.

My favorite local vendor is just a guy that comes to the high power launches and sells motors on site. He will order things for me if he doesn't have them and is a great resource for advice. And I get to watch the big stuff fly while I'm there.
ttabbal is offline Find More Posts by ttabbal