HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:56 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
Did some more testing this morning. Its around 25f with 10mph winds. The pack looks well made, the wires are nice quality but the xt-60s definitely look fake as they are an off yellow, almost brown color but its nice and strong and shows no sign of disfigurement. I have used this pack in 3 different rc units of mine, first was my hk yak54. Its a foam full fuse plane, with five 9gram servos, a park 450 and 30amp esc. The battery had enough power and survived as long as my other 2200mah packs. It like many of my other lipos, allowed it to hover for the first minute or so of the battery and after that it just didnt have enough juice. The ONLY battery that this doesnt happen on is my 35c nanotech. A hover on this plane consists of 3/4 throttle so its really taking some juice and the motor always comes down cool to the touch. The second aircraft used was an hk450gt. I am in no means a hardcore 3d pilot but this pack seemed to perform very well for the first minute and started to show signs of power loss at around the two minute mark. This isnt uncommon with lower c packs on such a demanding application though. It had plenty of power for inverted flight, fast forward flight, fast backward flight and any other basic maneuver but no where near enough for "real" 3d. Again, this is very common in lower c packs from all brands. The last thing it was tested on was a brushless turnigy buggy. This is where I think it performed the best. There was a noticeable increase in power in the half way mark on my timer compared to my older 3s packs.

After 14 cycles (charge/discharge/charge), the pack is still showing good balance, good power and no signs of puffing. I would have to say this battery is definitely a nice addition to the fleet. The only problem I can see is going to be the price. With all the options in the U.S. for under $20, I can see this causing an issue in sales. Other than that, I couldnt be happier with this thing and will definitely order a couple on principle alone I will be commencing some more testing after e-fest using a watt meter and a few other bench tools.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
to remove ads between posts