SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:54 AM
Joined Jun 2011
131 Posts
Discussion
Forces of Valor 1/24 RC Tanks

I think I asked this question before so let's try it again.

Does anyone know where I can buy parts for the FOV 1/24 Scale RC Tank series. I have already talked to the company and they said that they do not sell individual parts. I need a motor pack for a Panzer IV tank. I bought it from eBay and the left track is moving slower than the right is which make the tank move to the left. I should just send it back, but I am looking for a project over the winter and I think this maybe it.

So, if any of you know please drop me a line telling me where I can go to get spare parts.

Thanks

BigJack
BigJack82 is offline Find More Posts by BigJack82
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:47 AM
NORDPAC S3
United States, OR, Estacada
Joined Jan 2009
1,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJack82 View Post
I think I asked this question before so let's try it again.

Does anyone know where I can buy parts for the FOV 1/24 Scale RC Tank series. I have already talked to the company and they said that they do not sell individual parts. I need a motor pack for a Panzer IV tank. I bought it from eBay and the left track is moving slower than the right is which make the tank move to the left. I should just send it back, but I am looking for a project over the winter and I think this maybe it.

So, if any of you know please drop me a line telling me where I can go to get spare parts.

Thanks

BigJack
Have you tried adjusting the trim buttons?

Mfpage
mfpage is online now Find More Posts by mfpage
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:49 AM
Joined Jun 2011
131 Posts
Yes, that was the first thing I did, but the left side runs slower. I started to take the drive mech. apart to see what is wrong. After taking all the screws out I decided not to mess with it and see if I can find a store that sells FOV RC Tank spare parts?

Thanks anyway

Bigjack
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:42 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,827 Posts
HELLO This is DON THE rustbucket. NOT sure if this will help but have tryed to swich motor leads to see if you do that on the side that is giving you problem will run normal if I would look into another motor. I know of a store that handles HL 24 and 16 scale tanks. NOT sure if they could help but it is an idea. THEY get tanks that have come back for one reason or another and I try to keep track on what they get back. Last time i was there in there junk box they had a few abrams and a lepard chassic with motors and a couple of others maybe they may be able to help after you switch the wireing on the motors ? That is if yours is any thing like what you have. I am not sure on what you have . MF page would know more then I do for I only have been around the Norpack tank group for a short time. BUT learning alot from what I have work on . IF you think a 1.20 th tank help and I will give you the number and tell pat or johnny in witch are the magers of the store you may call. Just an idea to look into ?? DON THE Rustbucket
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:45 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,827 Posts
OK after reading your note again there stuff may be to big for I think and I could be wrong 1.29th is a larger then what you plalying with ? I also have 1.32nd and i know they are smaller for srue but 124 and 120 could be close ?? I just dont when it comes to the tanks . cars I do and ships I do tanks I am still learning . GOOD LUCK let me know on what you think ? if nothing elest in the morning you could call Patric at Toys and more store here in Portland tell him Don MacDonald told you to call the store number is 503-281 4530 I know a wile back they did have some smaller RC tanks not sure if they keap any but it could be worth your time store opens around 10 am Portland time. This is the best I can offer at this time. LET me know on what happens and I will see what I may be to fine . If I remember right a wile back you help me on something in dealing with a tank or you tryed to. So may be now I can help you ? DON THE Rustbucket
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Last edited by Rustbucket; Dec 04, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:23 AM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
BigJack,

I just stripped a gear on my brand new FOV tank, would you consider parting out the gear box for sale? It looks like just one of my gears is chewed up.

Thanks.
rctk is offline Find More Posts by rctk
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:47 AM
Joined Jun 2011
131 Posts
rctk

That is the problem with this brand of RC Tanks, there are no spare parts for sale. I dont have a tank that I can Cannibalize. Sometime on eBay someone will sell a tank for parts only. Sorry I could not be any help to you.

Bigjack.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:41 AM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,377 Posts
BigJack, before you throw in the towel check a couple of things, okay maybe more then a couple.

Pull the tracks off, and swap em side to side, see if it changes the direction or improves it.
A tight track that's binding will make it act like it's running slower on one side.

Also track tension can do the same, doubt it's adjustable, but a tight track on one side will tend to make a tank veer to the side.

After that look at the bogies/idler/rollers. One or more dragging can cause a veer to one side.

And like Don had said flipping the wires to the motors may be a cure.

Yeah 1/24th is kinda the red headed step child in tanks, most run the 1/16th or larger, so there is more of a market for spares/upgrades.

Might be worth a shot to try over on Hobby Havoc forum, they do have some who play with the 1/24th and 1/32nd scale tanks in OZ. They may be able to help you out.
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:36 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
BigJack,
Thanks. Good luck on your hunt for parts as well. I debated getting VS tanks or FOV 1/24s. I knew getting parts would be an issue with FOV. I liked the independent track control of FOV. But maybe this is a sign that I should go with VS, as this is only my first FOV.
rctk is offline Find More Posts by rctk