UH_60_UAS is offline Find More Posts by UH_60_UAS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly f-100 edf
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2015, 01:06 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2013
783 Posts
John, thanks again for the info. Interesting stuff.

Chuck, do you use a lipo warmer to heat them? Just wondering if they're worth buying.
CelloGuy is online now Find More Posts by CelloGuy
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:08 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,396 Posts
yes i do warm them , started out just in the pocket , then the car heater on the way to fly . but after doing a bit more research of my own and in this thread i am a bit more scientific now. i have looked at the lipo warmers but they scare me a bit ........... 1 haywire chinese thermostat and it could get ugly! as of now a large bottle of hot water in a small cooler is my failsafe way. works well and cant get to hot and lasts for hrs at the field

but my comments here w/ re to uh 60's post was aimed at testing ir at a controlled temp . the posted #'s looked a bit high but w/ out knowing the temp at test it does not mean much. as far as the variance in ir goes i have seen better and worse . at this time i am in a bit of a struggle w/ buddy rc over some new batteries i bought that have some cells more than twice the ir of others. it does seem common to have up to 25% difference in some brands and it makes sense that IF the highest ir cell is still in the acceptable range the pack may be fine. i would rather have a low average ir than matched high ir.

chuck.
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r