Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:12 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
Were looking for quality bats so what bats are you using?
I am using this one...1000 mah 50c TGH.

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...d=TGHL10003C50

It is lighter, cheaper, and more powerful than the stock battery. As far as longevity goes, we shall see. It also charges faster (up to 5c) but I usually charge at 1 or 2c in the hopes of prolonging the life. I charged at 5c once just to see and it didn't take long. Right now, I'm using a Deans to EC3 adapter that eats up most of the weight savings, but that is just a temporary measure.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:30 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
I am using this one...1000 mah 50c TGH.

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...d=TGHL10003C50

It is lighter, cheaper, and more powerful than the stock battery. As far as longevity goes, we shall see. It also charges faster (up to 5c) but I usually charge at 1 or 2c in the hopes of prolonging the life. I charged at 5c once just to see and it didn't take long. Right now, I'm using a Deans to EC3 adapter that eats up most of the weight savings, but that is just a temporary measure.
Thanks as I might give it a try as I have used Gensace 1000,1300 Dissapointed in those but love the 2200's. also glacier 1300s have worked well but will see with more flights. I'm now trying the chinahobbyline and so far great but thats a 4s1p 1800 for my stryker. Hyian seems to be doing well in the threads also but haven't tried them.
I'm also going to try a Hyperion or TP and see how they preform.
PS I'm still looking for blades
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:39 PM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
That must have been a long glide back down! What's the underside of your Radian look like? If you cover both wing tips with orange and paint the elevator portion black it will help a lot! 2 orange dots is the wing, black dot is the tail. Also putting a larger streamer on it also helps. It causes drag but it can be seen a lot farther with it.
here is my underside paint scheme- works pretty good

Name: DSCF1692.jpg
Views: 69
Size: 83.9 KB
Description:
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:24 PM
United States, PA, Lewistown
Joined Mar 2012
812 Posts
Haven't posted a video in a while, since my laptop went kaput, so here is one for you guys. Enjoy! Sorry for the watermark and the off-track sound, it's not my computer and it's a trail version software.

Parkzone Radian River Flight (4 min 24 sec)
Maximilionalpha is offline Find More Posts by Maximilionalpha
Last edited by Maximilionalpha; Dec 04, 2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:20 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilionalpha View Post
Haven't posted a video in a while, since my laptop went kaput, so here is one for you guys. Enjoy! Sorry for the watermark and the off-track sound, it's not my computer and it's a trail version software.

http://youtu.be/uCvEXJdXWRE
What camera are you using ?
If it is a quality cam I would say the software is not the best.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Mar 2012
812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
What camera are you using ?
If it is a quality cam I would say the software is not the best.
It's a pretty good car cam and yes, the software isn't at all good. My videos are generally pretty decent and with the turnout of this video, I've decided not to edit any of my other footage from my cam until I fix my laptop, or buy another, whichever comes first.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:56 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,874 Posts
Here's my first time flying over a river. It is with the Radian Pro because I don't have a camera mount on the Radian. It is an un-edited 11 minute video of the whole flight with all the bad parts included. If you can sit through them there some very good parts as well.

I lost sight of the plane for over 30 seconds near the end while trying to get it from the river, back over the trees and to the field. I had to hit the throttle and just hope, and got lucky. When I caught sight of the plane over the tree tops it was in the middle of a loop. I figured it was a goner for sure, along with the 220 dollar camera.

RP Flying over river (11 min 8 sec)
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:37 PM
Joined Mar 2012
812 Posts
Very nice video, Jovanx! What's the height of that tall mountain, seen in the background at 7:07?
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:59 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,874 Posts
Quote:
Very nice video, Jovanx! What's the height of that tall mountain, seen in the background at 7:07?
The mountain is 8494 feet high and river level is about 1200. Just after the point you mentioned is where I lost sight of plane and just gave it throttle and hoped for the best. You can see it doing loops.

http://bivouac.com/MtnPg.asp?MtnId=2044
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:08 PM
United States, CA, Santa Monica
Joined Nov 2012
17 Posts
Can anyone recommend where to buy a inexpensive Radian RTF?

Thanks in advance.
macgee is offline Find More Posts by macgee
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:37 PM
Joined Mar 2012
812 Posts
check on ebay.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:48 PM
This thing runs real nice...
Joined Jun 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Here's my first time flying over a river. It is with the Radian Pro because I don't have a camera mount on the Radian. It is an un-edited 11 minute video of the whole flight with all the bad parts included. If you can sit through them there some very good parts as well.]

Nice video Jovanx. That's some beautiful scenery you have there.
Nam Lemmi is offline Find More Posts by Nam Lemmi
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:02 AM
United States, CA, Santa Monica
Joined Nov 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
check on ebay.
Thanks Max, I checked ebay but they seem to be the same price as shops. Is there any place cheaper than $250 shipped? Just curious, I'm happy to buy a good condition used one.

If not I rather support a RC shop than go through ebay.
macgee is offline Find More Posts by macgee
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:07 AM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
my local hobby shop matches the amazon price - but here is amazon link
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...tf%2Caps%2C278

you could save some bucks by getting pnp- 159.99 and maybe a tactic radio for 79 bucks but were I YOU - i WOULD GET A GOOD RADIO SETUP- instead of what comes with the plane-- good luck
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:14 AM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Here's my first time flying over a river. It is with the Radian Pro because I don't have a camera mount on the Radian. It is an un-edited 11 minute video of the whole flight with all the bad parts included. If you can sit through them there some very good parts as well.

I lost sight of the plane for over 30 seconds near the end while trying to get it from the river, back over the trees and to the field. I had to hit the throttle and just hope, and got lucky. When I caught sight of the plane over the tree tops it was in the middle of a loop. I figured it was a goner for sure, along with the 220 dollar camera.

http://youtu.be/8rGkUHtbXbA
Nice scenery Jovanx-

here is my our flight over a river-heheh and it didnt turn out so well- you will see bob do what you did with his plane- he tried to go under a bridge and then back over it and panics when he lost sight of it and started doing loops- me, I just shuck my wings at 5-600 feet and become a lawn jart into the river...this is awesome crash footage from the wings perspective as it flutters down to earth.and scares a fisherman
Radian under bridge and into the river ! Epic fail.... (9 min 9 sec)