HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2005, 07:33 PM
Glenn
United States, WI, Oconto Falls
Joined Jan 2004
2,751 Posts
Question for SammyB

I just bought the Het Warhawk and every thing is fine except for the piece that goes under the wing, It doesn't look right, What do you think?
Glenn WI
wellington53 is offline Find More Posts by wellington53
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2005, 01:49 PM
Berne, NY
Joined Sep 2004
594 Posts
I am in the process of building the P-40 as well. I had the same question. It gets glued to the bottom of the wing. The narrow part should have a hole for the screw that will attach the wing.

I glued the wings together, and fit them to fuse, and then lined up the hole with the blind nut. Then glued it in place with epoxy. I had to add a little balsa to the front to get it to fit correctly. I ended up stripping off the covering, and then fiberglassing the plane anyway.

I am also going to add a peice over the belly pan to replicate the radiator flaps (Or vents??). I can take a couple of pictures when I get home. Thtat should explain it far better than I could.
schoonerj is offline Find More Posts by schoonerj
Old Aug 23, 2005, 02:58 PM
Glenn
Joined Jan 2004
2,751 Posts
Thanks schooneri, Thats just what I wanted to see, I've got loads of gws gearboxes and brushless e-flite stuff so I'm going to try and mount a geabox on a stick kind of thing.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 06:40 AM
Berne, NY
Joined Sep 2004
594 Posts
Picture of P-40 Bottom

Here is a picture of the bottom of the wing.

Het-RC P-40 Wing Bottom

And a photo of the plane in progress. I am in the process of painting. I am going with US Army colors from pre WWII

Het-RC P-40

I still have not decided on a power setup yet.

I hope this helps!!
schoonerj is offline Find More Posts by schoonerj
Old Aug 24, 2005, 08:31 AM
Glenn
Joined Jan 2004
2,751 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, This is exactly the same stage as mine schooneri. I made a firewall to take a colbri motor mount for the GWS gearbox, this meant removing the tray, I still have to do some dremmeling but it's the easy way out for me being that I've got loads of GWS and E-flite gear, When the motor is mounted I'll post some pictures,
Glenn.