Freewing Ultimate 10-300SK

Wing Span: 750mm
Length: 820mm
Weight: approx. 800g
Motor: 3040 1400Kv
ESC: 40A
Propeller: 7 x 6
Li-Po 14.8V 1600mAh

Had anyone flown one of this? I think Freewing nailed it with this version of the Ultimate 10. The power to weight ratio rocks! This plane is a real blast to fly!
Percivale is offline Find More Posts by Percivale
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:19 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,205 Posts
Here's the only "thread" I've ever found on this plane:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...freew+ultim+10

I almost ordered one from HobbyB a few weeks ago but decided to let others try it first
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:42 AM
To Have & To Hold
Joined May 2010
100 Posts
Oh yeah. I do recommend it if you are looking to try an aerobatic style bi-lane
Percivale is offline Find More Posts by Percivale
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:00 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2006
396 Posts
I just made a few maiden fly on this plane, on 4s 1600mah.
I feel it tail heavy, that could climb and stall especially low in throttle. not tried inverted yet. so no idea if it will drop when inverted, which means tail is off trim/ or climb which again could be good 3D feature.

The wheel is scaled, which is good in detailing but bad as it requires very smooth runway.
aileron / rudder is very sensitive, i only did a few straight normal fly not 3D, so it could be right on target for 3D purpose.
Due to the size and scaled color scheme of the plane, it is hard to tell orientation when flying under cloud, so I add color strips under frame.

the plane is made with great amount of details everywhere, which is so lovely.
But bad thing is for a parkflyer size, you can't really fly in just any park because of the wheel, and it won't take much crash because the biplane structure.

It is my first 3D plane, I don't want to crash it so quickly, overall rating is strongly recommended to buy.
modelerchina is offline Find More Posts by modelerchina
Last edited by modelerchina; Jan 27, 2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:13 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2006
396 Posts
For whom had this plane, can you post something about the landing gear? mine seems too small for landing on grass. Any mod can be done, I saw Multiplex fun cub have a good wheel which can land on grass pretty well.
modelerchina is offline Find More Posts by modelerchina
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:54 AM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
i've got one coming today. bought it as a replacement for my older multiplex gemini. not into 3d but i do enjoy a good scale stunt plane. will post some details and observations in a day or two....
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:23 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined May 2011
111 Posts
Any updates on this plane. Maybe looking into grabbing one.
Gmoney97lgt is offline Find More Posts by Gmoney97lgt
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:22 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
i just finished building mine today. nice little plane, great quality. it might be a while before i can fly it due to more winter weather on the way....

rob
Old May 22, 2013, 06:18 AM
Joined Apr 2010
50 Posts
I just recieved this plane yesterday. The quality looks very good and I can't wait to fly it. My only concern is that the top of the top wing and the bottom of the bottom wing are the same color scheme- I may lose orientation from far away.
formula_pilot is offline Find More Posts by formula_pilot
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:25 AM
Joined Apr 2010
50 Posts
Flys Great!

This plane flys awesome! Did the maiden flight this weekend on 3S pack, plenty of power using the stock setup. 4S was super powered! It flys fast for a biplane and tracks really solid for a light foam plane. It was much easier to land in the wind than my HK / Art Tech Pitts Special ( I like that plane too, but it can be a handful when the wind picks up).

I want to buy another Freewing Ultimate just to have a back-up, they are a bargain!
formula_pilot is offline Find More Posts by formula_pilot
Old Jun 17, 2013, 02:41 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
I really like mine, too, and fly it all the time. I upgraded the prop (the apc one that pete mentions in the banana video) and the power is awesome, better than 1:1 (on 3s). fun plane!
Old Aug 30, 2013, 07:46 AM
United States, MD, Owings
Joined Jan 2013
43 Posts
Has anyone tried to use flaperons on the Ultimate to try and slow down the landings? Love the plane but it comes in very fast. I have a limited landing area (local park) and it usually takes several passes to get it lined up just right.
acaone is offline Find More Posts by acaone
Old Oct 19, 2013, 07:22 AM
Joined Jan 2006
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acaone View Post
Has anyone tried to use flaperons on the Ultimate to try and slow down the landings? Love the plane but it comes in very fast. I have a limited landing area (local park) and it usually takes several passes to get it lined up just right.
Have you tried using a lighter battery? Less weight might help with this.
extraedge is offline Find More Posts by extraedge
Old Oct 29, 2013, 04:07 PM
OD123ify Snake
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Mar 2012
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelerchina View Post
For whom had this plane, can you post something about the landing gear? mine seems too small for landing on grass. Any mod can be done, I saw Multiplex fun cub have a good wheel which can land on grass pretty well.

Hi yes me and my flying partner modded the wheels.We took of the wheel skirts and put some 2.25 wheels and wheel collars on does great on the grass now. At the end of the video we show what it looks like.
Dual Freewing Ultimate Bipes (5 min 26 sec)
Morodie is offline Find More Posts by Morodie
Old Nov 27, 2013, 01:30 PM
United States, MD, Owings
Joined Jan 2013
43 Posts
I have not tried a lighter battery but I did go ahead and setup flaperons. They work pretty well, I have had about 45 good landings since using them. I also removed the wheel pants and added larger tires which has helped tremendously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extraedge View Post
Have you tried using a lighter battery? Less weight might help with this.
acaone is offline Find More Posts by acaone