HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:20 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
I'm sticking with my LB props on my LB, just going with my gut on this one. there's a reason the x100 is so much cheaper...
I'm with you on this as the ladybird is pretty much perfection as is. I was just stating for someone that has a set of x100 props laying around it would be interesting to see if it causes that much more lift/ more aerobatics due to being a little larger. I think the stock setup is pretty much perfect, but if I had a set of x100's laying around I'd give it a shot just to put it through at least 1 pack and see if there are any noticeable flight differences.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:09 PM
2 NECKS ARE BETTER THAN 1
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Aug 2012
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Yes you can, it'll work just fine. Some people have had some bad luck with the Tigers but your mileage may vary. Everyone will suggest buying a better charger eventually though, likely a wise investment if you enjoy the hobby. Personally I have had very good luck with Turnigy nano-tech 600mah batteries.

If you're going to use the quad just for photography a rev1 v929 is, in my opinion based on my experience and that of others. The LEDs are cool for night flying, but the #16 doesn't work at all in the dark so for video you you're only flying during the day anyways, so if you just want to shoot AP and don't need/want to fly at night the v949's LEDs are essentially a waste of weight.

If you want a general purpose quad that can also carry a camera the 949 seems like a really good option, pending some more reviews.
First off, thanks for all the input everyone, very helpful.

I am leaning toward getting the 929 at BG because they have one package with lots of blades and 3 batteries for a good price. Could the Turnigy batts be charged with the stock charger as well?

I am thinking of the 929 to get while there is a good deal and are available but the 949 is cool with the lights. I would use the camera in day and lights at night. I was just wondering if the LEDs would use a lot of power and shorten the flight time. I checked on weight and the 949 doesn't seem to be much heavier.

929 or 949. Oh what a quandry!

Lard4Hire
Lard4Hire is online now Find More Posts by Lard4Hire
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:17 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,080 Posts
Well, none of us received the v949 yet. I don't even think it's been shipped out yet, despite ordering very early on. So that may help you make up your mind between the two.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:24 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Aug 2012
276 Posts
V929 Battery Charger

Well, I think I have decided to go with the WL V929. BG has a really good deal I think with spare blades and 3 batteries. Has anyone ordered this deal ? This is the link: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...l?currency=CAD (I hope that was ok to do!)

I just need to know if the charger will work in US/Canada.

Lard4Hire
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:07 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Shoot them an email asking for a us charger but even if they send the wrong one adapters cost but a few dollars.

And both tigers and nano techs can be charged with the stock charger
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:23 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Aug 2012
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Shoot them an email asking for a us charger but even if they send the wrong one adapters cost but a few dollars.

And both tigers and nano techs can be charged with the stock charger
Ya, I sent them an email but they have not responded and it's been a while. I sent a few. Locally adaptors cost more than they should and to order one it would take a while. Plus why spend when I don't gotta!

It's good the stock charger will do the other batt's but for now I will go with the batt's that come with it. Thanks for the info!

Lard4Hire
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:24 AM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Aug 2012
276 Posts
[QUOTE=Lard4Hire;22975831]Ya, I sent them an email but they have not responded and it's been a while. I sent a few. Locally adaptors cost more than they should and to order one it would take a while. Plus why spend when I don't gotta!

It's good the stock charger will do the other batt's but for now I will go with the batt's that come with it. Thanks for the info!

Well, BG got back to me finally and said the charger will have a US plug, so good to go there. I ordered the V929 package which includes 3 stock batteries and a bunch of rotor blades. I also ordered 4 of the Turnigy Nano-Tech batteries from HobbyKing as well, woo-hoo!!

Now to wait.....

Lard4Hire
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:18 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,080 Posts
Here's an funny and ironic story. My friend bought the v929. Didn't specify plug type or anything. And it came with a US plug. The funny thing is, taped to the outside of his box, was a international to US convertor.

I told him it's ironic because there are many on the forum hoping to get a US plug or at least a convertor. And here he is, with both. Didn't even know to worry about that aspect. LOL
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Aug 2012
22 Posts
Ha, funny. I ordered a v939, and it also came with the adapter taped to the outside of the box. The funny thing is that the charger is USB...
ketiljo is online now Find More Posts by ketiljo
Last edited by ketiljo; Oct 14, 2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:35 PM
Explorer
Norge, Telemark, Notodden
Joined Jul 2005
222 Posts
Here is my review of the nine eagles alien quad Not an expert review.
Nine Eagles Alien Quadrocopter REVIEW (11 min 30 sec)
åsmund is offline Find More Posts by åsmund
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:39 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Hey guys check this out! it takes our micro quads to a whole new level... including one handed control & in air games.... http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nanoqtm-copter I can't wait to get one! very cool
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
Hey guys check this out! it takes our micro quads to a whole new level... including one handed control & in air games.... http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nanoqtm-copter I can't wait to get one! very cool
I don't think they'll get the money
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:24 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
I don't think they'll get the money
Maybe not, I hope they do - they have a great product going there. very cool. I like the inverted motors and safety ring for indoor use!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Why not mix your own quad ? There a lots of micros and their sparparts you can mix like plug'n'fly.
Finding out what combination is best.

I'm just testing with following parts :
(I'm using FlySky based boards as I'm using a 9x)

v939 board / v929 frame
v929 board / v939 frame
QR Ladybird frame
QR Ladybird motorarms
UDI motorarms
v929 motorarms with v939 motor holders
7x16 aliexpress motors
LB props
v939 props
UDI props

There are many possibilities...most of them are really plug'n'fly without crafting too much
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:46 PM
Flying mostly micro's
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
I like the one handed controller, unfortunately I don't thing I can build that...lol