HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2011, 03:47 PM
crashs come easy patience dont
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Jan 2009
2,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflake12 View Post
Im in for one to throw on my belt CP beater heli.

I ordered the Corona DS919MG as its digital, fast and can run 6v. But, after going thru the manual for the Assan gyro, i cant find the operation speed details anywhere. Any ideas on a "best guess" on the us/Hz values?
i wouldnt use a cyclic servo for the tail myself, but sense you are going to try it, watch out for some serious tail wag.

the gears develope some play rather fast. i use them for the cyclic, but no way would i use it on the tail.
bad400 is offline Find More Posts by bad400
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2011, 03:54 PM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,191 Posts
Meng, a question..... can you give us a schematic how to connect the gyro to a PIC programmer or computer and release an interface program so we can play around with internal variables and update the firmware please?

Thanks in advance.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Jan 19, 2011, 05:06 PM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad400 View Post
i wouldnt use a cyclic servo for the tail myself, but sense you are going to try it, watch out for some serious tail wag.

the gears develope some play rather fast. i use them for the cyclic, but no way would i use it on the tail.
What dictates this as a cyclic servo? its far faster than needed for cyclics, (.06 on 6v), I am not sure why it would induce wag.
I bought it as it was A)digital B)fast C) $5. If it wags too much (cant be worse than the esky servo on it already), it goes in the pile for a foamy build. If it burns, i see how good my autorotation skills are.
branflake12 is offline Find More Posts by branflake12
Old Jan 19, 2011, 07:14 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,072 Posts
Servo Frequency question

Disregard

b
rikybob is offline Find More Posts by rikybob
Last edited by rikybob; Jan 19, 2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 07:22 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
Meng, a question..... can you give us a schematic how to connect the gyro to a PIC programmer or computer and release an interface program so we can play around with internal variables and update the firmware please?

Thanks in advance.
sorry, we have no such plan.

actually, gyro is working at such a simple way.when fix most bugs,it's will not change for a long time. for example, Futaba's GY401 is not change for more than 10 years.

the next step we want try is to design a Gyro+Governor mode item.at that product, we think computer commuicate is maybe need.

meng
ASSAN is offline Find More Posts by ASSAN
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:36 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Got to fly my stock Align 450 Sport today (DS420 on tail with a 7.5mm horn setting). It was very windy and I was flying in a fairly small space. The GA250 flew very much like the GP780 and the gain also wanted to be set the same (too high for my liking, so I must try a hole further out on the horn).

The differences I could see was that the GA250 wants to have less expo set in the TX (perhaps some is already built in to the gyro) and the piro stop gain seems to be too high (bounces on stop, which the GP780 didn't do).

The tail also held well in the wind, so for $10 this gyro is a real gem.

I'll report more when I have less wind and more room to throw it around a bit.
Did you figure out how to get this bounce fixed? I too have this, but I think i have the wrong frequency set. I have it on 255hz I'll try with 333hz. this is on the fusonic hd-b-02 tail servo. I wonder if anyone else has this bounce?
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Last edited by pitchp; Jan 19, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:25 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Did you figure out how to get this bounce fixed? I too have this, but I think i have the wrong frequency set. I have it on 255hz I'll try with 333hz. this is on the fusonic hd-b-02 tail servo. I wonder if anyone else has this bounce?
we compare an Align DS520 and a fake S9257 on same 450 heli,with Quark gyro,same setting at radio/gyro. with DS520,bounce. with S9257,no bounce.

we checked the datasheet, seems S9257 have stronger torque than DS520's.maybe this is the reason.

meng
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:39 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,789 Posts
Quote:
I'm wondering if the thick soft foam is causing the bounce. I'm going to try some Align foam and see how that goes...
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:50 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Bounce on stop is simply a mismatch between what the gyro expects the tail to do and what the mechanics of the tail actually does.

NO gyro at default settings will have perfect stops on a range of different helis (with different setups). There are too many variables especially with lesser cost setups where the tail servo may not be up to the task.

Default decelleration and stop gain settings may work great on one heli and horribly on another.

Most gyros allow for delay or more intricate settings like stop gain in order to dial out bounce. With this gyro we'll have to do the opposite and match the tail to the fixed settings in the gyro.
To dial out bounce the tail stoping ability will have to match what the gyro expects.

Frankly I'm very interested in how this gyro will do in fast reverse flight, tail slides etc with a setup that has previously performed these well.

Spoofman's vid shows it does quite well for harsh collective changes, rolls and flips.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:30 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I'm wondering if the thick soft foam is causing the bounce. I'm going to try some Align foam and see how that goes...
everyone has different answers. I will look into this, and try out everyones opinion. Do we need to use the metal plate? Anyways, my piro rate is just ubelievably superfast. I don't know what's going on there. I'll try Amp's suggestion, and keep at it with the configurations, and heli setup. BF let us know how you go, I hope you find the solution first. I don't want to try a different tail servo, as I love this little servo on my 250.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:39 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
everyone has different answers. I will look into this, and try out everyones opinion. Do we need to use the metal plate?
metal plate always used in Nitro engine helis.

Amp is right, simply say,the bounce is because the mechanical speed not catch up the gyro want speed.

meng
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:53 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
thanks guys. I'll keep trying to figure this bounce on the fusonic. the ds480 is fine. Unfortunately I had a crash on my fusonic heli today, my fault (pilot error). I'll keep you guys posted.

Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:34 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
AFAIK 1520/333 in the default for generic digital servos unless otherwise specified by servio manufacturer.
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12
Old Jan 20, 2011, 01:00 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAN View Post
sorry, we have no such plan.

actually, gyro is working at such a simple way.when fix most bugs,it's will not change for a long time. for example, Futaba's GY401 is not change for more than 10 years.

the next step we want try is to design a Gyro+Governor mode item.at that product, we think computer commuicate is maybe need.

meng

But this wont fix the bounce problems for the people who bought it before you fixed most bugs.

-Who wants to trade a spankin' new GA-250 for a quark plz?

We might even have to resort to slow the tail servo down severely to stop it from the quick over compensation.... but that would make it incapable to keep up with cyclic punches.... what a dilemma.

I diddnt have much more test flights out yet, i will keep trying. also ordered the slop-less dual bearing supported tail pitch slider mentioned earlier. Will take a few weeks to arrive

Dont say i got my $10 worth it out of this gyro yet!
Too early for any conclusions, and the way the heli flies with it now is not
acceptable to me.

Perhaps i can make frankenstein Cyro-250. put the mems sensor in the 401b
-just kidding about that.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Jan 20, 2011, 01:52 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,227 Posts
Did you adjust the tail pitch to offset the bounce? If the tail is rotating to its right, stops, and bounces back to its left, I would reduce the tail pitch by adjusting the linkage.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob