scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:55 PM
Lost in Oblivia
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2010
119 Posts
Ah... but the fatal flaw in your theory is that you must have a radio to sell! Them things are scarce as hens teeth these days!

Kaptain "The market drove me to it!" Zero
kaptain_zero is offline Find More Posts by kaptain_zero
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:59 PM
United States, DE, Newark
Joined May 2011
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
AKA they don't get it. They specifically ask if they can get er9x without connection to save bucks. The one person in our club I convinced to get 9x and er9x never connected it to the computer
I suspect they're in the minority around here (RCgroups), but some people seem to feel overwhelmed by computers. They're not exactly computer illiterate, just not comfortable with them and even willing to go out of their way to avoid using them. On some level they expect the computer to do strange, unexpected things for inexplicable reasons and so become discouraged and quickly give up when they run into trouble.
iksbob is offline Find More Posts by iksbob
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:15 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
My first business out of university was a general "IT guy" schtick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iksbob View Post
they expect the computer to do strange, unexpected things for inexplicable reasons
Is exactly why I moved on.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:32 PM
LI, NY,
Joined Oct 2008
1,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksbob View Post
I suspect they're in the minority around here (RCgroups), but some people seem to feel overwhelmed by computers. They're not exactly computer illiterate, just not comfortable with them and even willing to go out of their way to avoid using them. On some level they expect the computer to do strange, unexpected things for inexplicable reasons and so become discouraged and quickly give up when they run into trouble.
Well, the computer is to a great many people...black magic...but to a great many people, so are automobiles. However those same people that use the computer as a toy/sudo tool can rebuild an engine, do the auto body work on a busted up car, build boats and so forth.

On the same hand a guy that walks in your door on Weds. morning to straighten out your computer system. He couldn't for the life of him figure out why his car is not running right. Which Ironically these days might very well be because of the computer but lets stick to the old days, it's got a bad spark plug wire. Black Magic...or a 1/4" of thought.

One of the guys in my club wants to buy a DX8 so he can mix his plane so it will only use one aileron in conjunction with what the elevons are doing, like the real plane. It's an EDF jet, I forget which one.

So I said check this out. I programmed it in my radio in 5 minutes and said this radio will also do ANYTHING you can think of, the Rx's are 10 bucks, you can sell all your Spectrum stuff, and have 2 radio's and 2X the Rx's. He's on the fence about it.

So where were we? Oh yeah...been using the beta ERSKY board for a few weeks now...OH BABY...I'll have it up for sale for 3000 bucks soon....

J/K

EDIT: Quick heads up for a straight up guy...GET YOUR RED HOT RADIO'S HERE, WITH SUPPORT!------>http://www.planeinsanerc.com/index.php?PageID=15
reacher10 is offline Find More Posts by reacher10
Last edited by reacher10; Apr 14, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:08 PM
Team PAS
United States, MD, Bowie
Joined Mar 2011
456 Posts
I really want to beta test the ersky9x I got a spare radio.
purcilas is online now Find More Posts by purcilas
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:12 AM
Poole, England
Joined Mar 2008
1,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reacher10 View Post
Man I take serious issue with this... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1598692

I love these gems "board already installed and latest firmware installed"..
What latest firmware I wonder? I mean it can't be er9x, that's available on the GNU public license, but doesn't the license require:
1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software.
2. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required.
3. Altered versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original software.
4. This notice may not be removed or altered from any distribution.

By downloading this software you are agreeing to the terms specified in this page and the spirit of thereof.

He didn't include this, as would be required by item 4, if he is distributing it!

Perhaps he might like to make a 'donation' to those involved in writing the software.

Mike.
Mike Blandford is offline Find More Posts by Mike Blandford
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:17 AM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by purcilas View Post
I really want to beta test the ersky9x I got a spare radio.
just keep your eye on the 9xforums. Skynorth has 100 boards, they are just working out a couple of remaining details. I'm sure that he'll be taking orders pretty soon.
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:21 AM
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford View Post
What latest firmware I wonder? I mean it can't be er9x, that's available on the GNU public license, but doesn't the license require:
1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software.
2. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required.
3. Altered versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original software.
4. This notice may not be removed or altered from any distribution.

By downloading this software you are agreeing to the terms specified in this page and the spirit of thereof.

He didn't include this, as would be required by item 4, if he is distributing it!

Perhaps he might like to make a 'donation' to those involved in writing the software.

Mike.
Well in this case he's selling his service to people who can't / don't want to do the modifications. He's responsible for buying the thing from China, buying a smartie parts board, putting them together, and flashing it. It's the same as paying a technician to install Linux, or taking your Wii or Xbox to be flashed. Most people on these forums are capable of doing these things on their own, and this guy has appealed to the market of those who cannot.
npre is offline Find More Posts by npre
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:57 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Torres Vedras
Joined Aug 2011
457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by npre View Post
Well in this case he's selling his service to people who can't / don't want to do the modifications. He's responsible for buying the thing from China, buying a smartie parts board, putting them together, and flashing it. It's the same as paying a technician to install Linux, or taking your Wii or Xbox to be flashed. Most people on these forums are capable of doing these things on their own, and this guy has appealed to the market of those who cannot.
indeed... but at a very unfair price...

if you don't agree, I can scratch your back for 30 minutes for just 200USD + my trip to wherever you are

cheap enough?
Crispim.joao is offline Find More Posts by Crispim.joao
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:19 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Has anyone bothered to do the math to support saying its an unfair price? Consider all costs of items plus express shipping (we can't assume less) and then a realistic timeframe for how long it takes to do the mod. Now what's a "reasonable" wage? I think someone suggested above that $10/hr was appropriate, but is it? Most self-employed - if they ever bother to work it out to an hourly wage - have to charge between $100 and $200 an hour to account for all the hours of work they have to put in that they can't directly charge for.

I'm just saying... the dude gets to set his rate. The customer either pays or doesn't. That's the nature of being in business for yourself. There are benefits and there are risks.

And crispim... if your back scratching was somehow special and one couldn't get that service locally... yes, you can bet that people would VERY WILLINGLY pay your $200 + expenses for your half hour work. Look at any chiropractor or registered massage therapist.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:51 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Anyone know if its possible & how to add a DEVO module for the 9x Tx.

I'm thinking about getting a Ladybird quadcopter which binds to a DEVO Tx but wish to fly it via my FS-TH9x.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:52 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,549 Posts
Not possible right now.
I am following the DEVO hack thread. If they ever get anywhere then we can look into borrowing the code that talks to the RF module. But they are just getting started so it could be a while.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:31 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,637 Posts
meant to put this question here:

Hi guys,

I ordered a flysky today from wowrc here: http://tinyurl.com/bs9oago

Is there a way to know if I have a generation 1 or 2 board before I get it? I'd like to order a smartie board for it but I'm not sure what I got.

TIA
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:31 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
Win7 64bit driver download for FS-TH9X

Looking for the driver download for Win7 64bit driver for FS-TH9X. I just finished my hardware install of the backlit board w/ usb/programmer (easy kit) on a ver.1 Tx. Everything is good so far. Im having probs loading driver to my system.

I already installed eePe.

If someone could direct me to the proper thread, I would appreciate it.

Would like step-by-step

Thanks
Mad Mardigan is offline Find More Posts by Mad Mardigan